Remembering Mitchell Johnson

Chaos

On song probably the most fearsome fast bowler since 2010's in terms of speed, angle and action.

Very awkward action to face and left arm.

Also good all format player, multiple ODI WC winner (2007 & 2015) and IPL's. Can bat as well.

Should have played a lot more for Australia.

Edited by Prabhdeep Singh

The sort of bowler who can power through and bowl 150 kph without a need to gather to much momentum.  Static/Force bowler .   That high arm(after remodeling) slinging action and creating a HUGE path with his bowling arm got him a tremendous amount of lift and  also helped him control his line a lot more. 

High arm , knee dominant slingers with such large arm paths - like Akhtar and Johnson can get bounce like much taller bowlers from high release heights

Elite athelte. Prime athlete but he is not a great cricketer. Great athlete yes. Being a great athlete alone isn't enough. 

Still a very good player. I wouldn't put him as an aTG. Just a touch under. 

He bowled well in those 8 to 10 test game but outside those he got carted around quite a bit in tests. Very good in odi. Won a world cup or 2. 

Against India I don't recall him doing all that well apart from 2015 wc.

Has india ever produced a genuine fearsome bowler who slings at 145 to 155 consistently? I am not just talking about pace. I mean someone who can intimidate and hurt batsmen on a regular basis like morkel, Mitch j, shoaib, Lee, Tait etc. 

Not the likes of steyn mcgrath Cummins bumrah rabada etc. 

The latter have fear factor but it's more to do with their skills than pace and bounce. 

I am referring to genuinely fearsome bowlers who are capable of hurting players just through sheer pace or bounce on a regular basis. Someone who can break bones, fingers, hurt the body etc. 

I dont think we ever have. 

1 hour ago, Number said:

Killed us in 2015 SF. 

First with the bat 28(9) otherwise we could have restricted them under 300.

Then kept bowling with immaculate planning against Kohli and forced him to play that ugly pull.

Then produced a beauty to bowl Rohit. :((

Aussies in semis n finals…they upgrade to alien like predators

If we used Umran Malik wisely, he too would have shined like Mitch Johnson.

the team didn't even select him for T20 in AUS of all places where Rauf was wrecking havoc.

Instead Bhuvi was leading the attack in Perth.

The reality is express pace bowlers don't need to be accurate, they need to instill fear in batsmen. 

Umran, Sen, Tyagi etc. Are must have in AUS and SA they will win you tournaments there, even world cups.

But idiots like Dravid and now RG and SKY the foolish greedy batsmen captains play safe choices to stat pad in bilaterals.

25 minutes ago, BlueBlood said:

If we used Umran Malik wisely, he too would have shined like Mitch Johnson.

the team didn't even select him for T20 in AUS of all places where Rauf was wrecking havoc.

Instead Bhuvi was leading the attack in Perth.

The reality is express pace bowlers don't need to be accurate, they need to instill fear in batsmen. 

Umran, Sen, Tyagi etc. Are must have in AUS and SA they will win you tournaments there, even world cups.

But idiots like Dravid and now RG and SKY the foolish greedy batsmen captains play safe choices to stat pad in bilaterals.

Chalta hain. They don't want to. Why are qe breaking our heads for it? Don't sweat it. Just follow the team If you can bear the preposterous selections. Don't buy merchandise etc. Or contact bcci if possible and tell them how you feel. 

Tag them etc on social media. Or start your own podcast. Nothing else we can do.

They Don't want to listen. They have their own agendas that need to be satisfied. It's really no use. Don't give yourself BP over these useless people. 

They want fast medium bowlers with skill. Or they will select trundlers. 

For me if they are picking the latter then atleast choose ones that can bat. 

Edited by harpicP

Just had a brief break through period from later 2013 to early2014

Was highly overrated bowler

Aussie marketing of their speedsters is something to get inspired with for all the media houses of cricket boards

That said I will welcome 10/10 times a bowler like him in our side,given the spark he brings into the table

Edited by Suhaan