India v South Africa -1st ODI

cowboysfan

19 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Iyer did very well in the WC, 500 plus runs and with intent. Without his 67 ball 100 against NZ, selfish Kohli would have ensured we ended up with 320-330 and match would have followed same script as Ind vs SL in CT 2017 group game. 

Exactly. India definitely misses someone who provides early acceleration. Most of the accelerators we had even in the past were accelerators in the last few overs. MSD last 4 or 5 overs. Yuvraj starts early though like 15 to go. Iyer once he finds himself in it is go time for him. very people have that attitude. Too bad India did not give Sanju Samson enough chances. He also can up the ante early enough.  These tuk tuk consolidators being afraid of collapse has cost us valuable runs.

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Iyer did very well in the WC, 500 plus runs and with intent. Without his 67 ball 100 against NZ, selfish Kohli would have ensured we ended up with 320-330 and match would have followed same script as Ind vs SL in CT 2017 group game. 

Exactly i am not sure why Iyer get so much of criticism. Guy is real clutch in his short career, he save us from embarrassment against bd , in nz away tour he was the lone warrior during limited over series , also wc sf what a knock that was , without his knock we were about to face another humiliation by nz in ko atleast he broke that huddle. In spite of his short ball limitation which he is definitely working, his batting against fast bowling is also improving and the guy is murderer of spin bowling and one of the serious six hitter post Rohit Sharma. I personally like his attitude in limited over international.

6 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

For the first time, didn't watch any match involving India even though Sai did well. Read that Arshdeep also bowled well. Won't watch the rest of the series also as long as any one of the old farts play. 

only Iyer and KL played from WC team

6 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

This looks more like a Day Test match Wanderers pitch rather than the high scoring ODI pitches we are more accustomed to. 

And KLR said he would've batted first too. Both captains misread the conditions.

It baffles me how that can happen. All of these guys and their coaches have decades of experience with reading conditions. It irks me even more when I put it in the context of how well the Ozzies read the conditions and made the right decision in the WC final :-(

7 hours ago, Gollum said:

If BCCI has made up its mind to have only Indian coaches in the future, hope Ashwin becomes head coach in 5 years time. Granted he is an overthinker, but in this age I would rather have an overthinker than a one tone underthinker, latter won't win us ICC titles, just the stale approach sans imagination will continue. 

Ashwin will make tough decisions I believe. Rahul is too meek.

7 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

will Ashwin be ok to be a yes man to the superstar Captain? If BCCi doesnt curb the ego of captains,no point in having people like Kumble or Ashwin who will just be told to put up and shut up.

If he does step on their toes then my only concern is about how the sooperstar boy will react and get him deposed just like alleged cool captain kohli did with kumble. 

5 hours ago, Frustrated said:

Avesh and Arshdeep hv picked 9 wickets together.   I want to know the speeds (approx) of those 9 wicket taking balls.  Does anyone hv any source or data?  Can anyone pls post over here.  

137 1st wicket

135 second wicket. 

Couldn't find info for third one

132 4th wicket arshdeep. Serious bounce though.

132 avesh khan 5th wicket. Again steep bounce. 

When you get good bounce you can bowl 5 kmph slower and still be just as good. 

6th wicket 132 again

Avesh khan 132 7th wicket

Avesh khan with bounce again 131 kmph lol 8th wicket

Arshdeep 133 9th wicket

Kuldeep gets rhe 10th with 80 kmph pace.

Avesh khan averages 72 in odi laawl