Prasidh Krishna review

3 hours ago, G_B_ said:

If you cant make an impact on pitch in cape town then it will be hard to make any impact at all.

Poor tour in general on different types of decks.

Needs consistent performances on A tours and Ranji to be considered.

Varun Aaron 2.0 comes to mind.

He is nowhre near as quick as Aaron was

The worst thing about Prasidh is his attitude this is something i pointed out when he played his debut international odi series against eng and performed well. The way that guy walks back to his bowling run up as if the only time he needs to run or be agile while bowling . He doesn’t have temperament for international cricketer where he apply his brain be more proactive not just in bowling but batting as well. For such a huge physique which he has , he looks meek and dumb. Prasad was much slower than him but he has more spink and fight in his bowling and batting, i remember him hitting a last ball six on Macgrath bowling.

8 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

We keep trashing them all. Apart from Siraj i the last 2 years  nobody else has been persisted.  @express bowling Why is it so? He looks good - fast (not phasht) tall, lanky and hits the deck. No temperment. What happened to Tyagi, Saini, etc, they play in 2 tests and are shelved. Going back to Umesh is not good. We dropped Umran for Mukesh. We need pace bowlers. Where will the next Bumrah, Shami come from?

Saini is 31 now...time to move on and not expect a Ryan Harris.

Tyagi is in Ranji Squad for UP, chances are high that he may play few FC games as he did decently in the SMAT & VHT, Umran is in J&K and Sushant is in Jharkhand as well.

Missing next gen pace bowlers are Harshit, Mayank, Yudhvir Singh, Hangargekar, Bawa & Kuldeep Sen...

58 minutes ago, raki05 said:

The worst thing about Prasidh is his attitude this is something i pointed out when he played his debut international odi series against eng and performed well. The way that guy walks back to his bowling run up as if the only time he needs to run or be agile while bowling . He doesn’t have temperament for international cricketer where he apply his brain be more proactive not just in bowling but batting as well. For such a huge physique which he has , he looks meek and dumb. Prasad was much slower than him but he has more spink and fight in his bowling and batting, i remember him hitting a last ball six on Macgrath bowling.

A lot of body language is based on your physical condition as well. Even in IPL, although T20 , he is not confident. Suggests not international material .  We need red ball fast bowlers badly for Australia this year. Can’t go with Mukesh, Avesh, Natrajan  types there. 

2 hours ago, raki05 said:

Prasad was much slower than him but he has more spink and fight in his bowling and batting, i remember him hitting a last ball six on Macgrath bowling.

Yes yes,ICC knockout India vs Aus ,Nairobi 2000

He hit last ball six of McGrath to take the score to 265 from 259

Same match where Yuvi batted for the first time and scored 84 runs,Zaheer cleaned up Steve Waugh with 89mph delivery

Robin Singh cleaned up Damien Martyn ,lol

This match is etched in my memory

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

A lot of body language is based on your physical condition as well. Even in IPL, although T20 , he is not confident. Suggests not international material .  We need red ball fast bowlers badly for Australia this year. Can’t go with Mukesh, Avesh, Natrajan  types there. 

Mukesh is better than the names you mentioned

Mukesh can seam the ball and be disciplined

But only if you have Bumrah's ,Siraj Shami's services

Not more than 1 Mukesh type bolwer

Had Arshdeep played more FC ,being a left armer and given his improvement with the bat ,he would have started ahead of Mukesh

Seriously wanted Tyagi,Rana or Mayank ready by then atleast to cover an injury or bad form for a long series there

Edited by Suhaan
6 hours ago, raki05 said:

He is about the same height as arshdeep, skinny fellow hence looks very lanky, he's front knee is barely braced during delivery point and head all over the place during release hence i feel he struggles with his line and at times even pace, only when he goes full does he hit over 140kph, looks very floaty and gentle when bowls fulls full, kaverappa should be in the squad for Australia.

10 hours ago, raki05 said:

That is the spunk you need as a fast bowler. Guy like Sreesanth had it in abundance but Dhoni or his other captains never let it blossom.Instead of supporting him they mocked him. 

You don't want to come across as meek and without any aggression.

2 hours ago, putrevus said:

That is the spunk you need as a fast bowler. Guy like Sreesanth had it in abundance but Dhoni or his other captains never let it blossom.Instead of supporting him they mocked him. 

Srresanth was a joker. All bravado and nothing inside. He was showing aggression externally, even players like PK, Veejay outperformed him.

30 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Srresanth was a joker. All bravado and nothing inside. He was showing aggression externally, even players like PK, Veejay outperformed him.

He played a crucial role in 2006 ODI series win vs Pakistan (we won there 4-1).

T20 WC he performed vs Australia with a sensational spell of fast bowling.

He played an important role in SA Test tour of 2007.

He was mercurial, but was talented and a runway match winner. Sadly, we didn't had an established bowling lineup & good coaches in that era and hence he also lost his track like the rest of Pathans & RP's.

3 hours ago, putrevus said:

Sreesanth with right temperament and under guidance of Bharat Arun could have become one of our greats. 

5 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

He played a crucial role in 2006 ODI series win vs Pakistan (we won there 4-1).

T20 WC he performed vs Australia with a sensational spell of fast bowling.

He played an important role in SA Test tour of 2007.

He was mercurial, but was talented and a runway match winner. Sadly, we didn't had an established bowling lineup & good coaches in that era and hence he also lost his track like the rest of Pathans & RP's.

He was poor man's Siraj

34 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

That is utter nonsense.The spells which Sreesanth bowled in SA or the reverse swing spell which he bowled against SL in 2009.

The spell he bowled against Australia  Semifinal in 2007 t20 are unmatched. PK in his 100 lives cannot bowl those spells.

It is that  Dhoni who had no clue how to handle and captain fast bowlers was the problem.

Compare Kohli who suported Ishant and outburset in Sl and against Australia when he mocked Steve Smith in Banglore test in 2017.

Fast bowling is hard and sometimes they can behave over the top. Be it Mcgrath abusing Sarwan, Lillee kicking Javed. Captains have to coddle them as much as possible. Dhoni hung Sreesanth to dry in public.Which idiot captain warns his own fast bowler in public.

We are seeing Rohit Sharma's inept handling of fast bowlers too.

4 minutes ago, putrevus said:

That is utter nonsense.The spells which Sreesanth bowled in SA or the reverse swing spell which he bowled against SL in 2009.

The spell he bowled against Australia  Semifinal in 2007 t20 are unmatched. PK in his 100 lives cannot bowl those spells.

It is that  Dhoni who had no clue how to handle and captain fast bowlers was the problem.

Compare Kohli who suported Ishant and outburset in Sl and against Australia when he mocked Steve Smith in Banglore test in 2017.

Fast bowling is hard and sometimes they can behave over the top. Be it Mcgrath abusing Sarwan, Lillee kicking Javed. Captains have to coddle them as much as possible. Dhoni hung Sreesanth to dry in public.Which idiot captain warns his own fast bowler in public.

We are seeing Rohit Sharma's inept handling of fast bowlers too.

Pardon , I have a low capacity memory and remember only his theatrics. 

12 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

He was poor man's Siraj

Indeed, luckily Siraj had support of Bumrah & Shami. By the time time Zak came back as a matured bowler, Sree lost his way.

Sree though also played a crucial role alongside Munaf in the WI test series..I think he took 10 wickets in 3 tests & Munaf 14 in 4. 

14 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

Sreesanth with right temperament and under guidance of Bharat Arun could have become one of our greats. 

Sreesanth had all the tools you need plus he succeeded when he started his career.He was not a trundler. Like any young player he went off the track and some tough outbursts, instead of supporting the guy, whole idiotic captain, TM and seniors let him disintegrate.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Pardon , I have a low capacity memory and remember only his theatrics. 

That is the problem with young players who don't get proper support from their captains and TM.

Edited by putrevus
8 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Sreesanth had all the tools you need plus he succeeded when he started his career.He was not a trundler. Like any young player he went off the track and some tough outbursts, instead of supporting the guy, whole idiotic captain, TM and seniors let him disintegrate.

I remember the 2006 ODI series vs Pak very well... he troubled Inzamam all throughout the series and picked up 4 wickets in the 5th match. His stats took a dent coz atleast 3-4 catches were dropped of his bowling and he leaked runs as well, but he got movement at good pace throughout..was a courageous batter and an athletic fielder.

RP was the find of that series with 8 wkts in 3 games, but commentators in series were impressed with Sree due to competitive attitude.