India vs Afghanistan, 1st T20I - Mohali 11th Jan

7 minutes ago, Number said:

Our problem in T20s is we go with player reputation and ruin the whole combination for accommodating players. 

Ex. Rahane opened for India in 2016 T20 WC. How can they do this when there were half a dozen better options at that time. That costed us the SF.

Joe Root or Steve Smith would have played 100+ T20Is for India.

We default to erring on the side of safe and technically correct batsmen and then complain that there are no fearless big hitters. 

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Joe Root not playing in t20 has hurt England more than it helped. England had best overall team in whiteball cricket in last five years yet flopped till last t20.

He played in 2016 T20 WC.

Next WC England scored 167 in SF which proved to be short, how could Joe Root help there ? If he was playing they would score even less.

They won 2022 edition.

11 minutes ago, harpicP said:

Jitesh 65 kg

Rinky  65 

Hooda 72 maybe

Srk big boy probably 85 87

Abishek 70 probably

Tripartite 70 kg or under

Shivam big boy 85 plus

Tewatia also too small

Size wise we are lacking a bit barring 2 or 3. 

All of them weigh more than that is my wager. dube, srk, Hooda etc are all tall so I doubt they are under 90kg. 

Edited by rollingstoned
1 minute ago, Lord said:

He's already been tried and struggled even vs Ireland.  Pace can work against you too. 

IMO I don't think he is being not given right guidance.He can leak 50 runs but if he pickups 4 wickets, he has done his job.That is what India should be hoping from him.

They have made him gun shy the moment he leaks runs. Control is last thing which will come from a guy like Umran.

You cannot win with guys like Arshdeep and Mukesh.You may have a chance with guys like Umraan.

15 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

All of them weigh more than that is eager. dube, srk, Hooda etc are all tall so I doubt they are under 90kg. 

Srk and dube yes probably 90 lol. 

Hooda nha he is stick and bones. 75

3 minutes ago, putrevus said:

IMO I don't think he is being not given right guidance.He can leak 50 runs but if he pickups 4 wickets, he has done his job.That is what India should be hoping from him.

They have made him gun shy the moment he leaks runs. Control is last thing which will come from a guy like Umran.

You cannot win with guys like Arshdeep and Mukesh.You may have a chance with guys like Umraan.

No he was both expensive and wicketless. Arshdeep is better on both counts. 

If he can't contains he needs to pick wickets which he isnt doing now even at domestic level. 

There are more chances of throwing games with guy like Umran. 

Just now, Nikhil_cric said:

Tilak you numpty. Get a bloody move on. Even in that SA ODI, he played absolute shite for a long time, before playing a few hits at the end. Thankfully, Samson saved the day. 

Doesn't even bowl to justify his selection. 

That was one do the worst innings ive seen by an Indian batsmen in recent times. Got stuck on the crease and couldn't do ****. 

1 minute ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Tilak you numpty. Get a bloody move on. Even in that SA ODI, he played absolute shite for a long time, before playing a few hits at the end. Thankfully, Samson saved the day. 

Doesn't even bowl to justify his selection. 

:mi:

Just now, Lord said:

No he was both expensive and wicketless. Arshdeep is better on both counts. 

If he can't contains he needs to pick wickets which he isnt doing now even at domestic level. 

There are more chances of throwing games with guy like Umran. 

If Umran is not there find another one.Arshdeep is not the answer for anything.