Virat Kohli withdraws from first two tests against England citing personal reason

8 hours ago, nitinbwj said:

What's the reason before i start BC MC :police:

man i will be missing him. I have been using to BC and MC very regulary especially to white friends lol. I wanted him to play so he can troll them. I miss pant behind stumps too. Now we will have players kl who is such a nice… its ok sir. Bc.

5 hours ago, neel roy said:

Iyer kl rahul to both play now. No replacements needed actually.

Jaiswal

rohit

gill

iyer

rahul

jadeja

axar

bharat

ashwin

bumrah

siraj

its highest slap in the face if any wc keeper is placed under axar for batting. Bcci is just getting aweful

3 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

He had to prove in this series if he can play spin anymore or not...  So jury is still out. 

His pathetic Pujara + Rahane esque run doesn't gives him any luxury to be called as a permanent fixture in test XI especially in Asia 

I dfon't think he would struggle against spin, after seeing his batting in SA where he looked his old self, he should be fine against spin bowling.

Cricketers are humans and hv personal lives too.  So, they are entitled to take leave when the need arises.  But when the same star cum celebrity cricketer takes such leaves in each and every series, it becomes really annoying and disturbs the team balance/combination.  Also sets a wrong precedent for upcoming youngsters.  Kohli has been doing this often in literally every series recently as if it is his birth right.  He suddenly announced that he would not play the 1st T20 vs Afghanistan when the game was barely 24 hrs away.   Here is the problem:  Let's assume that his replacement (say 'X') does well, even then what's the use?   We all know that 'X' will be dropped when Kohli returns.  So, there is no such thing as "finding a new player".  The cycle keeps repeating.    To top that all, the most shocking thing is: This sort of urgent personal leaves are NEVER taken by him(or any other player) during the IPeeL which runs for nearly 2 months every calender year.   

It's high time Kohli's fanboys (who keep defending him on every aspect on this forum) come up with an explanation on why he has never taken a single day leave during the IPeeL in its 15 yr old history (2008-2023).  Where does the theory of "They are humans and should not be treated as commodities" disappear during IPeeL? 

Edited by Frustrated
15 hours ago, deepdynamo said:

How come these players do not have any personal commitment during IPL ??

Never heard of anyone taking a break from IPL due to personal issues. 

Is this seriously true, has an Indian player ever taken leave during the crucial stages of the IPL or finals for that matter?

10 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

There may be a number of reasons to criticize Kohli, but on-field dedication and competitiveness are not among them. Just hope everything is okay.

Nha it's kohli. Who cares. He should quit. His mind isn't in it. He can't help us in t20. He can play just odi and certain conditions in tests. 

Non issue. He would not have made difference either. Iyer who is better player of spin will now get chance and hopefully Patidar will be in the squad.

People need to stop burning their blood over the discussion that why these players don't take break during IPL . Money matters for everyone. Dedication, passion, compassion all these goes for toss when Money enter the discussion. Everyone here including myself would do the same thing if we were in these players place. 

13 minutes ago, Bigg Brother said:

Non issue. He would not have made difference either. Iyer who is better player of spin will now get chance and hopefully Patidar will be in the squad.

People need to stop burning their blood over the discussion that why these players don't take break during IPL . Money matters for everyone. Dedication, passion, compassion all these goes for toss when Money enter the discussion. Everyone here including myself would do the same thing if we were in these players place. 

Its not only about money. IPL is also a platform to showcase what your current state is. Thats why Pant is playing IPL basically to prove his fitness. Most bowlers target IPL to get into the national team. Kuldeep Sen, K Gautham, Nitish Rana, heck Pawan Negi s of the world has india caps due to exploits in IPL. No one is bothered if Sarfaraz or Eashwaran scores a double century in Barabati stadium in Irani or Ranji trophy. Even a 15 ball 32 or 3/12 in 4 overs in few matches can lead to an Indian call. The prime example has to be Rahane. He was down out and all that till he discovered his mojo in CSK under MSD and scored bucketful of IPL runs which led to his India call in WTC and to his credit scored a few, crossed 5000 runs, flopped in Windies and now posting videos in Insta showing he is practicing and waiting for another IPL. Thats how Indian cricket runs.. Karan Sharma of all bowlers played a test cricket in Adelaide and we all know him due to his exploits in IPL..

Edited by neel roy
1 hour ago, Bigg Brother said:

Yes sir great Iyer who can’t even make 50 runs in entire SA.  series

11 hours ago, Frustrated said:

Cricketers are humans and hv personal lives too.  So, they are entitled to take leave when the need arises.  But when the same star cum celebrity cricketer takes such leaves in each and every series, it becomes really annoying and disturbs the team balance/combination.  Also sets a wrong precedent for upcoming youngsters.  Kohli has been doing this often in literally every series recently as if it is his birth right.  He suddenly announced that he would not play the 1st T20 vs Afghanistan when the game was barely 24 hrs away.   Here is the problem:  Let's assume that his replacement (say 'X') does well, even then what's the use?   We all know that 'X' will be dropped when Kohli returns.  So, there is no such thing as "finding a new player".  The cycle keeps repeating.    To top that all, the most shocking thing is: This sort of urgent personal leaves are NEVER taken by him(or any other player) during the IPeeL which runs for nearly 2 months every calender year.   

When did Kohli skip any important tour, What are you talking, he skipped Australian tour much due to his kid's birth.

in IPL you have days in between, so maybe they are managing, why does it matter, it is their choice to skip or not skip.

9 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Is this seriously true, has an Indian player ever taken leave during the crucial stages of the IPL or finals for that matter?

Dunno about crucial stage but Shami, Ashwin, Jadeja, Umesh, Ishant have skipped IPL due to fatigue. I recall the 2017 edition, because our 2016-17 season was grueling and many players skipped the following IPL....Ashwin toh skipped it in its entirety, he did it again during one of the covid editions, but didn't miss full season, I think his daughters got sick that time and he wasn't in the mental state to continue. 

3 hours ago, Bigg Brother said:

Not when one has to represent the country. One thing doing normal jobs like most of us folks but representing the Indian national team.....prestige, honour too should be taken into account. 

8 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Not when one has to represent the country. One thing doing normal jobs like most of us folks but representing the Indian national team.....prestige, honour too should be taken into account. 

Why? don't they have to attend their personal emergencies.

It is a test match and he is coming back after two tests.