Will the NRIs now return to India? Since India is moving towards 'Akhand Bharat'.

MechEng

People , Specially Indian who think criminals in India go scott free if they are polticians, need to know that Forget corruption, heinous crimes like paedophylia , rape is not even quested in West if perpetrators is related to Royal family or linked to them.

I think US. Is only one which occasionally makes noises against Royalties but are immediately shut down by Western press in name of BLM and racism 

Edited by mishra

5 hours ago, mishra said:

People , Specially Indian who think criminals in India go scott free if they are polticians, need to know that Forget corruption, heinous crimes like paedophylia , rape is not even quested in West if perpetrators is related to Royal family or linked to them.

I think US. Is only one which occasionally makes noises against Royalties but are immediately shut down by Western press in name of BLM and racism 

forget royalty. Western countries have 15-50 times higher rape per capita statistics than any Asian country not known as South Korea. Be it hyper developed liberal democracy japan, developing liberal democracy india, developed islamic autocracy saudi or undeveloped islamic autocracy such as lebanon. 

And while in India and most places in Asia, the guilty rate to reported rape rate is between 20-30%, in the west no country has crossed 3% in the last 25 years. 

And these people have the temerity of calling our country rape capital of the world or corrupt or crime ridden.

On 2/4/2024 at 10:00 AM, Mariyam said:

Forrest Gump?? Aa kon che?

You have been thoroughly yankified. @MechEng is talking about the likes of you in this thread. :gossip:

Reference closer to home: 

Troll mol ke bol 

He's not yankified, but probably belongs to the desi version of ku klux klan and operates underground.

On 2/5/2024 at 4:36 AM, Muloghonto said:

forget royalty. Western countries have 15-50 times higher rape per capita statistics than any Asian country not known as South Korea. Be it hyper developed liberal democracy japan, developing liberal democracy india, developed islamic autocracy saudi or undeveloped islamic autocracy such as lebanon. 

And while in India and most places in Asia, the guilty rate to reported rape rate is between 20-30%, in the west no country has crossed 3% in the last 25 years. 

And these people have the temerity of calling our country rape capital of the world or corrupt or crime ridden.

No, my point was about General Sense that Indian politicians are corrupt and Rich go scott free in India while western democracy dont let that happen. Some point to the case of Monica Lewinsky where a woman got justice against highest office, People fail to realise that at the same time a storm was suppressed in media reegarding US state machinery systematically increasing drug use in America among its Black population. The Investigative journalist Gary Webb was forced to resign (Circumstantially)  and then never got job in any media organisation(So much for press freedom)

Take the case of Prince Andrew from UK or Jim will fix it from BBC , why so far, current Greensill  row involving David Cameroon. All is considered as "Error in Judgement", No investigation, No reporting, No questioning but somehow Same error in Judgemnt becomes Corruption when issue is NOT in west. A hate Speaker/Terror Sympathiser/Terror Fund raiser is immdiately shut and may be bombed in any part of world if its against Western Countries but worse cases are called "Freedom Of Speech" and "Fight for Justice and equality" when directed against non Western nation. I understand why West behaves that way, What I cant understand is why Indians in India buy that narrative. Arent they educated enough?

2 hours ago, mishra said:

No, my point was about General Sense that Indian politicians are corrupt and Rich go scott free in India while western democracy dont let that happen. Some point to the case of Monica Lewinsky where a woman got justice against highest office, People fail to realise that at the same time a storm was suppressed in media reegarding US state machinery systematically increasing drug use in America among its Black population. The Investigative journalist Gary Webb was forced to resign (Circumstantially)  and then never got job in any media organisation(So much for press freedom)

Take the case of Prince Andrew from UK or Jim will fix it from BBC , why so far, current Greensill  row involving David Cameroon. All is considered as "Error in Judgement", No investigation, No reporting, No questioning but somehow Same error in Judgemnt becomes Corruption when issue is NOT in west. A hate Speaker/Terror Sympathiser/Terror Fund raiser is immdiately shut and may be bombed in any part of world if its against Western Countries but worse cases are called "Freedom Of Speech" and "Fight for Justice and equality" when directed against non Western nation. I understand why West behaves that way, What I cant understand is why Indians in India buy that narrative. Arent they educated enough?

My operative phrase while describing the rich and/or powerful:  "Sab kaminey hain."  Some are more kaminey than others.

For a lot of us who immigrated 30-40 yrs ago, we had a false sense that corruption does not exist in the West. 

This because corruption in the corridors of power was not palpable; it did not trickle down to the common citizen's daily life. No bribery/babugiri at little sarkari offices. The police/clerks etc gave good customer service - they treated everyone with politeness. There was respect for rules and no power-tripping. In the 90s' that was a stark contrast from how India worked. For every little thing, you had to grease someone's palm or be abused.

So, it gave a sense that all Westerners were like that - kind, considerate, fair-minded, polite. It took some time and observation before we learned that - in the real corridors of power - it's the same shyte everywhere.

On a side-note, I think things have improved in India in regard to babugiri. And things have regressed here in the US - there seems to be more babugiri than when I first moved.

On 2/5/2024 at 4:11 AM, mishra said:

A common man suffers at the hand of law in India more often. You buy a property. Builder can loot in many waysm common man can only file a case and wait years. Corporator blocks corporation water so they can make money on water tankers. Roads are nonndriveable in cities. Law does not help in such cases

It is much better abroad 

1 hour ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

A common man suffers at the hand of law in India more often. You buy a property. Builder can loot in many waysm common man can only file a case and wait years. Corporator blocks corporation water so they can make money on water tankers. Roads are nonndriveable in cities. Law does not help in such cases

It is much better abroad 

Think @Muloghonto advocates all the time that solution to this is judiciary. Unless courts are able to provide judgement in time, this problem is not going to go away.

Since GoI can’t afford swelled up Judiciary, I believe Digitisation and AI needs to be introduced to judicial system at district court level or when someone tries to take his case in higher courts.

On 1/23/2024 at 11:17 AM, MechEng said:

C'mon, give up your 200k salary jobs and come back home. Your roots are more important than higher standards of living.

Sacrifice your life by getting stuck in Mumbai traffic everyday in the name of Lord Ram. If Modiji endures it, then you should too!

I was not paid 200k, still on H1B but came back more than a decade ago to khangress led govt. I suppose this question wasnt addressed to me :lol: As far as standards of living is concerned, its relative. I had a glorious life in India before I went to USA where I felt restricted because of the visa regulations. People are people at the end of the day and I met some real nice people in USA, learnt new philosophies, their way of life, and work ethic. So this is not a slight against the Americans. There are some good and bad attributes in both countries and it depends on where you pitch your tent. Once you've made your decision, you know as they say - quichawhininunbellyaching :laugh:

3 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

I was not paid 200k, still on H1B but came back more than a decade ago to khangress led govt. I suppose this question wasnt addressed to me :lol: As far as standards of living is concerned, its relative. I had a glorious life in India before I went to USA where I felt restricted because of the visa regulations. People are people at the end of the day and I met some real nice people in USA, learnt new philosophies, their way of life, and work ethic. So this is not a slight against the Americans. There are some good and bad attributes in both countries and it depends on where you pitch your tent. Once you've made your decision, you know as they say - quichawhininunbellyaching :laugh:

His comment is meant more towards me. Because he is the 'house negro' to his liberal western white masters and people like me are colonising his masters and proving in real time that we are better than the ones he holds as an ideal. This is the common reaction of house negroes the world over. as you see in the movie django, the one who had the most problem with Django was the Samuel Jackson character- the house negro. Because here was a negro standing up to his ideal ( the white slavers) and doing fine for himself rejecting the system that the house negro has based his power off of. 

Thats why he is upset at colonialists like me. 

10 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

You're good, this directed to saffron madrassa uncles who like coffee and are batshit scared to move back to India.

20 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

We are just as scared to return to India as the millions of your anglo masters who moved to murrica were scared to move back to Al Britainistan.

As a side note: Haven't read all the thread, but aren't you already in India @Muloghonto?

On to the main point: I have lived overseas (mostly US/UK) and worked in some of the elite US/UK univs, but I know where I plan to spend my life and my death... among my people.

Edited by Vijy

18 hours ago, Vijy said:

As a side note: Haven't read all the thread, but aren't you already in India @Muloghonto?

On to the main point: I have lived overseas (mostly US/UK) and worked in some of the elite US/UK univs, but I know where I plan to spend my life and my death... among my people.

I was in India for over a year till last sept, then i returned to Canada. I too plan to retire in India but not before i consolidate my roots in North america and leave enough kids around here well set up to continue the colonial project. It is vital for India that people in my position does so.

Edited by Muloghonto

25 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

I was in India for over a year till last sept, then i returned to Canada. I too plan to retire in India but not before i consolidate my roots in North america and leave enough kids around here well set up to continue the colonial project. It is vital for India that people in my position does so.

Leave enough kids ? 
:hysterical:

Edited by coffee_rules

19 hours ago, Vijy said:

Read the thread. He’s saying NRIs are communal and causing the divide in India but are scared to return back to give up the lifestyle benefits they are enjoying! . I plan to come back to retire in India and cause a tax burden on well earning yuppies like him!! 

1 minute ago, coffee_rules said:

Leave enough kids or leave enough for kids? Former is like sperm jihad!!

both. 

Indians do not appreciate the power of the disapora and indian disapora is just waking up to the power they have in influencing world politics. Why do you think 5 eyes exist ? why do you think anglosphere exists ? why does USA treat UK preferrentially to other European nations ? Because of the socio-ethnic bonds from being anglo nations. 

Another group that gets this, is the group that is the most feared and hated by these westoids - the Chinese. I was in Vancouver when Meng Wangzhou was put on house arrest after arriving there for that whole Trump-Huwawei-TurdO fiasco. You know what happened ? the nearly half a million Chinese-Canadians in the city mobilised. They put in petitions to the city council to give her the most 'relaxed' house arrest terms possible, they started petitioning their MPs for her release, they started writing articles in the news papers on how this is racially & politically motivated, etc etc. They are too smart to do the whole muslim ' Ummaahhhhhhh allaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaah' statements en masse, they acted in excellent coordination but without any politically unified way, thus removing the charge of 'you all are CCP agents trying to influence the situation' and instead projected 'this is how jodhu modhu shodhu chinese canadians from different walks of life feel about this'. 

And it worked. 

The responsibility we PIOs and NRIs have, is to continue the immigration/colonisation project of the Anglosphere. in 30-40 years, Indians will make up 25% of all Canadians & Australians, around 10% of Americans. this is serious power to influence international relations and the key to India being vishwaguru and not being messed around with anglo nations, is to use the ultimate trump card in anglosphere : voter power to make their elected governments quake in their boots for messing with the motherland. 

That is why i take such a clear-eyed view of the colonisation project of anglosphere and that is why i see it as my duty to do my part in this.

27 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Read the thread. He’s saying NRIs are communal and causing the divide in India but are scared to return back to give up the lifestyle benefits they are enjoying! . I plan to come back to retire in India and cause a tax burden on well earning yuppies like him!! 

yep, same here. Will return to India as I wrote above, just waiting for retirement in the near future :)

Edited by Vijy

26 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

both. 

Indians do not appreciate the power of the disapora and indian disapora is just waking up to the power they have in influencing world politics. Why do you think 5 eyes exist ? why do you think anglosphere exists ? why does USA treat UK preferrentially to other European nations ? Because of the socio-ethnic bonds from being anglo nations. 

Another group that gets this, is the group that is the most feared and hated by these westoids - the Chinese. I was in Vancouver when Meng Wangzhou was put on house arrest after arriving there for that whole Trump-Huwawei-TurdO fiasco. You know what happened ? the nearly half a million Chinese-Canadians in the city mobilised. They put in petitions to the city council to give her the most 'relaxed' house arrest terms possible, they started petitioning their MPs for her release, they started writing articles in the news papers on how this is racially & politically motivated, etc etc. They are too smart to do the whole muslim ' Ummaahhhhhhh allaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaah' statements en masse, they acted in excellent coordination but without any politically unified way, thus removing the charge of 'you all are CCP agents trying to influence the situation' and instead projected 'this is how jodhu modhu shodhu chinese canadians from different walks of life feel about this'. 

And it worked. 

The responsibility we PIOs and NRIs have, is to continue the immigration/colonisation project of the Anglosphere. in 30-40 years, Indians will make up 25% of all Canadians & Australians, around 10% of Americans. this is serious power to influence international relations and the key to India being vishwaguru and not being messed around with anglo nations, is to use the ultimate trump card in anglosphere : voter power to make their elected governments quake in their boots for messing with the motherland. 

That is why i take such a clear-eyed view of the colonisation project of anglosphere and that is why i see it as my duty to do my part in this.

no doubt the diaspora power works. this is why I prefer my approach (and let me say that I respect people's right to adopt a different approach): work for an extended period overseas and spread the Indian project, as it were, and then head back to the motherland to spend one's twilight among one's people.