Will the NRIs now return to India? Since India is moving towards 'Akhand Bharat'.

MechEng

8 minutes ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

These are all now OCI and not Indian passport holders andive in places like Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Pune, Gurugram, Delhi 

Darpok saare ke saare.

Agar himmat hai toh Indian citizenship le lo.

OCI means the day you find India dirty, you can always go back to gora land.

14 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Darpok saare ke saare.

yeah. that is not being darpok. that is being smart.

Yes I can go back but it has been more than 3 years and it keeps getting better.

you can do the path you are suggesting. It will be brave but stupid. your call

6 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Net migration rate may have decreased in the last 5 years but there still far more Indians leaving than coming back. 

and the number coming back also keeps increasing every year and I expect the same trend. Tech Jobs are shifting to India in huge numbers

53 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Darpok saare ke saare.

There is no guarantee that we won’t have RaGa as PM. Mamata is still CM

18 minutes ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

jitni bhi hai kaafi hai.

aapki zyada hogi. badhiya hai. Jai Shri Ram

I personally think Indians abroad should not return back. They should strive to reach at top. 

1 hour ago, MechEng said:

C'mon, give up your 200k salary jobs and come back home. Your roots are more important than higher standards of living.

Sacrifice your life by getting stuck in Mumbai traffic everyday in the name of Lord Ram. If Modiji endures it, then you should too!

Seems like you are seething and bitter. You will lead a miserable life whether in India or outside with that attitude. Why don't you go outside ? Are they not taking you ? There are smart ways to get out if you know what I mean. 

Btw I moved back with the Indian passport. And the money is better in India, atleast for me. As for quality of life, it is not, but Mumbai is improving fast. 

Edited by ravishingravi

2 hours ago, mishra said:

I personally think Indians abroad should not return back. They should strive to reach at top. 

There is no should or shouldn't here. Wherever they have better chance to realize their aspirations, they should go. 

Edited by ravishingravi

11 minutes ago, mishra said:

We are so much in numbers that we can manage both. Some can return and some can strive to reach at the top there.

I have seen people coming back at different stages of their career. Some have come back because their kids are already settled and they have no desire to work or rise any more. I have seen people leave > 0.5M salaries to build startups in India. They have risen to the top in India too. I have seen people come back immediately after studies or minimal work there, you could say in this case there may have been no option due to lack of VISA extensions. Either ways people are coming back. It will take something drastic to reverse the trend. Uncle Sam isn't doing the best these days.

One can have two bases, two homes. I take it like that.

1 hour ago, MechEng said:

C'mon, give up your 200k salary jobs and come back home. Your roots are more important than higher standards of living.

Sacrifice your life by getting stuck in Mumbai traffic everyday in the name of Lord Ram. If Modiji endures it, then you should too!

What a stupid post.

What does Ram mandir have to do with traffic and quality of living? 

I did return when Modi won in 2014. But came back because I thought RaGa will become PM in future.  Now, with my 200K salary , suburban home and  WFH , I will help Modi build more temples. Ayodhya Ram sirf jhanki hain!

Mathuura Kashi aur 40000 Aur temples baaki hain

Edited by coffee_rules

1 hour ago, Norman said:

What a retarded thread !! :facepalm:

And this coming from a guy who has never left India even once in his lifetime.

26 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

Yeah perhaps was stuck in traffic while writing this. Or is just generally a bitter soul. 

He was in US for his MS/Ndergrad , probably still  in (US). Just  being unhappy 

4 hours ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

We are so much in numbers that we can manage both. Some can return and some can strive to reach at the top there.

I have seen people coming back at different stages of their career. Some have come back because their kids are already settled and they have no desire to work or rise any more. I have seen people leave > 0.5M salaries to build startups in India. They have risen to the top in India too. I have seen people come back immediately after studies or minimal work there, you could say in this case there may have been no option due to lack of VISA extensions. Either ways people are coming back. It will take something drastic to reverse the trend. Uncle Sam isn't doing the best these days.

One can have two bases, two homes. I take it like that.

:two_thumbs_up: Congratulations bhai, on your decision! Many of my friends and colleagues have returned to India . It works for some, will not work for some, very few have returned  back. It is a personal thing and not got anything to do with salaray or lifestyle. I  was living better off in India affording more conveniences and also being among cousins and friends. Wherever one is, he should be happy and make peace with one’s life. (Prachand gyaan from SriSriSri yours truly)

I guess one can’t live in India thinking woh India ke liye bana hi nahin, kahin aur hona chahiye tha!