5 hours ago, putrevus said:

After he got selected , I saw his clips, he does not look like a long term prospect.He does not look like he has much pace either.Am i wrong?

No, he is not "fast"...if Mukesh is around 132 kph on average, Akash will be around 135k. Mukesh's fastest is around 139-140, Akash can clock 143-144.

But unlike Mukesh, Akash is not floaty, he hits the deck and generate bounce, I have read somewhere that he can generate reverse swing as well.

7 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

No, he is not "fast"...if Mukesh is around 132 kph on average, Akash will be around 135k. Mukesh's fastest is around 139-140, Akash can clock 143-144.

But unlike Mukesh, Akash is not floaty, he hits the deck and generate bounce, I have read somewhere that he can generate reverse swing as well.

I don't understand why TM is not looking for next big talent even if he is unproven.  These guys will not win any matches, we need to find next Shami, Ishant, Umesh and Bumrah. Not these 90s type of bowlers they will do more harm than good .

Anything less than 145 plus average speeds, I would not even consider for selection if it were upto me. You cannot teach pace why can't these selectors understand simple thing.

These dibbly dobbly bowlers will be taken apart by England.

Edited by putrevus
5 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I don't understand why TM is not looking for next big talent even if he is unproven.  These guys will not win any matches, we need to find next Shami, Ishant, Umesh and Bumrah. Not these 90s type of bowlers they will do more harm than good .

Anything less than 145 plus average speeds, I would not even consider for selection if it were upto me. You cannot teach pace why can't these selectors understand simple thing.

That won't happen unless the TM changes.

11 minutes ago, putrevus said:

God only knows what our selectors are thinking. It's been years since we have seen a raw 20-22 year quick who is willing to bowl fast and has aggressive attitude.

I don't like Pakistan in general, but despite their idiotic board, they always push for young fast bowlers. I am 100% sure, like of Ubaid will soon replace mediocres like Hassan Ali or Rauf within a year. While here we are dragging the dead horses like Mukesh, Avesh, Unadkut for ages because they are "accurate" and "experienced".

Given the deep hole we're in, we need fast medium bowlers like Akashdeep, Kaverappa etd who can thwart these mediocre trundlers from the international setup.

Edited by singhvivek141
Just now, singhvivek141 said:

God only knows what our selectors are thinking. It's been years since we have seen a raw 20-22 year quick who is willing to bowl fast and has aggressive attitude.

I don't like Pakistan in general, but despite their idiotic board, they always push for young fast bowlers. I am 100% sure, like of Ubaid will soon replace trundlers like Hassan Ali or Rauf within a year. While here we are dragging the dead horses like Mukesh, Avesh, Unadkut for ages because they are "accurate" and "experienced".

Given the deep hole we're in, we need fast medium bowlers like Akashdeep, Kaverappa etd who can thwart these mediocre trundlers from the international setup.

There is no excuse, Ishant Sharma debuted as 18 year old.We don't need  Ranji fast medium bowlers, Ranji trophy ruins fast bowlers than helps them if played more than season.

God I was hoping to see someone like Tyagi or any young dynamic fast bowler who will bowl his heart out .With Bumrah and Siraj in the team they will learn so much.

Whole system needs a reboot. If this guy is the best we can do in a important home series then whole system is screwed up.

Why is he hyped on ICF ? 

we don’t need ppl who run in all day . We need ppl who can take wickets .. we need a replacement for Shami … 

we decent pace line and length , stay on the off stump for ever .. don’t spray it around .. that’s about it 

Edited by figo6762
15 minutes ago, figo6762 said:

Why is he hyped on ICF ? 

we don’t need ppl who run in all day . We need ppl who can take wickets .. we need a replacement for Shami … 

we decent pace line and length , stay on the off stump for ever .. don’t spray it around .. that’s about it 

He isn't hyped, though we need to check our expectations from him. He is an upgrade over Mukesh, Avesh type bowlers, who are currently preferred choice of our TM.

He is a steady operator, can bowl with decent line & length and is not a trundler. Shami was bowling at the same pace when he debuted as well. It took him 2-3 years to up his pace as well.

Unlike Mukesh or Avesh, Akashdeep has a good rhythmic runup and action. Hence, he can bowl longer spells without losing intensity.

Edited by singhvivek141
5 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

He isn't hyped, though we need to check our expectations from him. He is an upgrade over Mukesh, Avesh type bowlers, who are currently preferred choice of our TM.

He is a steady operator, can bowl with decent line & length and is not a trundler. Shami was bowling at the same pace when he debuted as well. It took him 2-3 years to up his pace as well.

Unlike Mukesh or Avesh, Akashdeep has a good rhythmic runup and action. Hence, he can bowl longer spells without losing intensity.

I am probably one of very few posters that have only seen him very briefly from youtube clips only and that was today.

Definitely agree with this assessment, in regards to his run up, generates a lot of momentum from his arm actions and looks to be hitting the deck hard, which is where he gets his pace from.

The speed he generates with his follow through action literally just before ball release may make it initially hard for the English to read him, I think he will surprise the batsmen and if he has weapons in his arsenal like the slower ball etc, he will get wickets if the Poms take a Bazball approach to him.

29 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

I am probably one of very few posters that have only seen him very briefly from youtube clips only and that was today.

Definitely agree with this assessment, in regards to his run up, generates a lot of momentum from his arm actions and looks to be hitting the deck hard, which is where he gets his pace from.

The speed he generates with his follow through action literally just before ball release may make it initially hard for the English to read him, I think he will surprise the batsmen and if he has weapons in his arsenal like the slower ball etc, he will get wickets if the Poms take a Bazball approach to him.

There is some technical issue with his bowling

7 hours ago, express bowling said:

Akashdeep can be a good support pacer provided his temperament is ok.

I don't expect him to be the lead pacer.

But good support pacers are needed too. 

we need good support pacers at the bare minimum..else Bumrah is going to get injured again..he is taking up the load of other bolwers..not good..back is gonna suffer again..

Edited by Need4Speed
13 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

But where are out and out fast bowlers.

Tyagi and Umran aside where are out and out fast bowlerd for now and future.Do we have any in pipeline.

Edited by putrevus