Akash Deep to Ollie Pope, OUT! LBW! Two in the over for Akash Deep! What a Test Debut! Ollie Pope walks back on a duck! Akash Deep pitches the ball on the good length and gets the ball to nip back into the right-hander. Ollie Pope looks to move across and flick it through mid-wicket but misses the ball and it hits him on the front pads. Huge appeal for LBW but the Umpire says NO! India takes the review, the UltraEdge shows no bat involved, and the Ball Tracking shows three reds. An excellent review from the hosts and Ollie Pope walks back!

On 2/10/2024 at 11:04 PM, Nikhil_cric said:

I can't help but expect more from him based on what I've seen and heard about him. If he can bowl accurately with good bounce, 135 kph average speed and seam the ball, he already sounds better than Mukesh, Avesh, Siraj etc. 

Comfortably 135 kph + average , top of offstump accuracy and seaming the ball in with decent bounce .

Good stuff. 

Just now, express bowling said:

Akashdeep was regularly 137 k to 143 k in his first spell.

Hardly saw anything under that.

Probably averaged 139 k+. in his first 6 overs.  

I was talking about what I expected at a minimum in my earlier post. 

Seems to have a strong , repeatable action as well. 

They really should back Kuldeep Sen for similar reasons and Gurnoor Brar should be developed .

Not sure what is happening with those 2. 

5 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

I was talking about what I expected at a minimum in my earlier post. 

Seems to have a strong , repeatable action as well. 

They really should back Kuldeep Sen for similar reasons and Gurnoor Brar should be developed .

Not sure what is happening with those 2. 

I want to see Harshit Rana and Himanshu Chauhan for tests and Mayank Yadav and Kuldeep Sen for ODIs. 

5 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Looks like Sen moving to TN was not a good move. He hardly got any chances to play this Ranji and he is not playing the QF today too. Him going wicket less in his 2 matches that he played also didn't help. Needs to perform whenever he gets an opportunity or look to join some other team where he will consistently get chances to play.