Jaddu and Run-outs - Easiest prediction of the Day

6 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Is there a bigger delusion than Pandya winning  CT 2017 if not .

Pakistan pulled all the horses, match was in bag and they gave some freebies to this guy.

Pandya won't hv won us the CT Final even if he had stayed till the end.  The match was already lost when our top 5 batters put up a combined score of less than 50 runs while chasing 340.                                                                                I feel the TM should discuss with Jaddu as to why he has been carrying this legacy of running his partners out and/or running himself out in crucial moments too often.   1st test 1st inning he ran out Ashwin.  Had ashwin added 20 more runs, we could hv won that game and led the series 2-0.  To make matters worse, he got himself run out in 2nd inning as well.  That proved to be the turning point.  In 2nd test, no indian batter got run out (as there was no jaddu).   As soon as jaddu returned in the 3rd test, we got to witness one more disastrous run out.  This time it's our best in-form batter who looked like taking the game away from Eng quickly. All these incidents can't be mere coincidence....There is a common element in all these..Surely this is something which should not be ignored by TM.  

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

Poor debutant…jadeja could have sacrificed for him. Imagine 100 on debut would just give him immense confidence. Seniors r straight dirty effers. He happily knocked around to crawfish 100*

The single was so impossible that I don't think the batsman would have even crossed each other while the stumps were broken

38 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

I feel the TM should discuss with Jaddu as to why he has been carrying this legacy of running his partners out and/or running himself out in crucial moments too often.

I mean he's been doing this for 15-16 years now? First I recall in that epic 175 SRT game where he choked in the last over! He just freezes/loses his head in the most crucial moments, although the others around him are just as bad if not worse - RGS/BRat/Ashwin/Bumrah & even MS post 2013 choked fairly regularly.

53 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Pandya won't hv won us the CT Final even if he had stayed till the end.  The match was already lost when our top 5 batters put up a combined score of less than 50 runs while chasing 340.                                                                                I feel the TM should discuss with Jaddu as to why he has been carrying this legacy of running his partners out and/or running himself out in crucial moments too often.   1st test 1st inning he ran out Ashwin.  Had ashwin added 20 more runs, we could hv won that game and led the series 2-0.  To make matters worse, he got himself run out in 2nd inning as well.  That proved to be the turning point.  In 2nd test, no indian batter got run out (as there was no jaddu).   As soon as jaddu returned in the 3rd test, we got to witness one more disastrous run out.  This time it's our best in-form batter who looked like taking the game away from Eng quickly. All these incidents can't be mere coincidence....There is a common element in all these..Surely this is something which should not be ignored by TM.  

I agree Jadeja has been involved in too many runouts.That Sarfraz run out is so big given how well he was batting.

6 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

have you heard of the horseshoe effect ? I have heard it mentioned in social studies a lot, where the idea is, when you go to any extreme point ideology, it starts to look like its exact opposite ideology ( eg: fascism & nazism start to look similar to communism, liberalism starts to look similar to authoritarianism etc).

In cricket we are seeing this with Jaddu, who is the new Inzamam of running between the wickets : take an unfit potato who runs like a turtle with hemerroids and the world's fittest & fastest runner and the result is the same : run out masters. 

indeed, it is a bit like certain types of dualities in string theory. what is true in one theory for R (the radius crudely speaking) becomes valid for another at 1/R.

8 hours ago, R!TTER said:

That's BS, Panda was never going to win that game! He probably could've gotten us close but that's it.

Atleast there was a possibility of something great, something which would be remembered for long, but turns out people remember that match for bumrahs no ball and jadeja running out Pandya. 

8 hours ago, Frustrated said:

because he is a scaredy-cat who can't handle the heat. every time he sees stokes, maybe his knees turn to jelly

4 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Jadeja is selfish. But who isnt nowadays. Who cares about crashing debutants 100 right infront of his family to get his own glory hundred. 

jaddu is ruthless in the pursuit of his own milestones. I bet he would destroy his team (whatever it may be) easily for his own good

21 hours ago, putrevus said:

Is there a bigger delusion than Pandya winning  CT 2017 .

Pakistan pulled all the horses, match was in bag and they gave some freebies to this guy.

The thing you and @R!TTER need to understand is momentum.

Had Pandya even come close to winning, the confidence India would have taken from it would have definitely rubbed off and given belief to team in 2019 WC and beyond.  And it would have made the team invest in players like Chahar, Venky Iyer etc. instead of Axar, Jadeja who will not change the momentum of a game even if they score a century.

You always need ONE person to lift the whole team up. In 2007 and 2011 it was Yuvraj who gave belief to Dhoni, Gambhir and Raina who punched above their weight.

In 1983 Amarnath was that person.

This is the problem with keyboard warriors and people who played sports at highest level. At international level everyone is good, what sets people apart is belief and self-confidence.

Jadeja has this tendency to suck the momentum of a game through run outs ALL the time. Sarfaraz scoring a hundred or even a double hundred in this game would have given team/selectors belief that getting youngsters with great record in FC and form is more important than seniority. But that will not happen now as he will not have the same setup in 2nd innings.

It's sad that Indian fans don't have such common sense and love to jump on bandwagons of Kohli, Rohit etc.

42 minutes ago, BlueBlood said:

Had Pandya even come close to winning, the confidence India would have taken from it would have definitely rubbed off and given belief to team in 2019 WC

Except you're anecdotally & historically completely wrong! What was the key turning points in Oz history in the last 40 odd years? I'd say top two are - 87 WC win & then 99 WC win, yet one could argue Eng/SA were the better teams & probably had the better overall(?) performances that time. Where did they end up after that? Coming second or close second to a chump of a team like Pak doesn't matter - I'd have given maybe half a thought to that if it was 2015 Oz or 2019 Eng. And one of the major reasons why we lost 2019 SF was because we accommodated way over the hill Dhongi in that squad - Dhawan's injury was a big blow for sure but MS totally screwed a lot of the balance!

Edited by R!TTER
22 hours ago, putrevus said:

Is there a bigger delusion than Pandya winning  CT 2017 .

Exactly. And we still lost by massive 180 runs. People believe he was gonna score them all

31 minutes ago, Lord said:

Exactly. And we still lost by massive 180 runs. People believe he was gonna score them all

So he was going to score 250 runs. What do you call those people.

What is his highest score again anywhere even in gully cricket.

Edited by putrevus