Resting Bumrah will be a bad move

6 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Akash deep to debut likely 

is this "express sports" really reliable? If Akash Deep plays, I would like to see him used as a floater, particularly if the pitch takes spin. he can go out there and smash a quick 20 or 30.

28 minutes ago, Vijy said:

is this "express sports" really reliable? If Akash Deep plays, I would like to see him used as a floater, particularly if the pitch takes spin. he can go out there and smash a quick 20 or 30.

Indian express and Vikrant said the same. 

Eager to see Akash..  At least he won't have a thakela run up of Gutkesh 

9 hours ago, Kron said:

and they can bring back panesar and swann to destroy us. i kid

that was vs the weakest indian side ever. and it took their best ever team to win. 

ya that is a weak spot in our history..Pietesen Bazballed us that time haha..

36 minutes ago, Need4Speed said:

ya that is a weak spot in our history..Pietesen Bazballed us that time haha..

Peterson is best batsman ever to wear English Cap. He would walk in to any side t20, Odi or Tests. Lets not compare him with current set of English Bats.

To me, Swann is classiest Spinners I have seen in English Caps.

It was sheer coincidence that both played in same English playing 11 and we were kissing dust

Edited by mishra
1 hour ago, srgadjon said:

Rested Bumrah. Allowed Joe Root to get back to form and score a century. About to concede a huge first innings lead and also will allow England get back into the series and go into final test with momentum. RGS and Dravid are so damn predictable.  Have seen enough to see this as a pattern.

we are likely to lose this series just because of "preserving" boomer, who bowled 80 overs in 3 tests, whereas 41-yr-old Andie bowled about 40 overs last test alone.

Bumrah bowled just 23 overs in the last match and that was after a 10 day break between tests. He is getting a handsome contract to play for his country. Broadcasters have also paid top dollar to see the major players on the pitch.

This was the key test of the whole series, win it and series is wrapped up and then rest all you want.

Dravid and Sharma truly are the dumb and dumber of international sport.

1 hour ago, The Realist said:

Bumrah bowled just 23 overs in the last match and that was after a 10 day break between tests. He is getting a handsome contract to play for his country. Broadcasters have also paid top dollar to see the major players on the pitch.

This was the key test of the whole series, win it and series is wrapped up and then rest all you want.

Dravid and Sharma truly are the dumb and dumber of international sport.

very poor planning to rest boomer at this stage, and play him in the 5th test that we will likely lose

9 hours ago, Frustrated said:

Should hv rested Buffet Man Sharma instead.  We will be better off not having a captain at all.  Why continue with a useless non-performing lethargic tondu kaptain who spends more time in the air conditioned dressing room than on the field? 

to lose the series 3-2 or end with 3-2 win. We are still not out of the woods yet.

Edited by Vijy
5 minutes ago, tapandrun said:

Ind is down to 2 bowlers (Bhumrah and Siraj) so if one of those gets injured then Ind would be a bowlers short in T20I Wc.

akash deep should be given a chance in T20s as well. and if umran can discover some rhythm in IPL, he too should be in the squad.

32 minutes ago, Vijy said:

akash deep should be given a chance in T20s as well. and if umran can discover some rhythm in IPL, he too should be in the squad.

akash deep is better than siraj already imo. we need to groom 2 more and there are a few i really like. rana sen and mayank all. 

If we keep playing only Bumrah, Siraj and Shami, how will we develop pace bench strength?

Glad that Akash Deep took his chance to perform.

Anyway with Bumrah's action , he shouldn't be playing that much cricket at any rate.

Need to use him in a carefully managed way to ensure his longevity. 

13 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

If we keep playing only Bumrah, Siraj and Shami, how will we develop pace bench strength?

Glad that Akash Deep took his chance to perform.

Anyway with Bumrah's action , he shouldn't be playing that much cricket at any rate.

Need to use him in a carefully managed way to ensure his longevity. 

Should be rested in 5th test too now that we have won the series.

12 minutes ago, Number said:

Should be rested in 5th test too now that we have won the series.

WTC points are important and series wins are not as significant these days. Top tier test bowlers need to be bowling regularly to retain and improve their skills. You cannot predict injuries or form and if a top player is going to spend the games for which they are otherwise fit and firing  "resting", neither the team nor the player will get the best use of their skills before their career finishes. Ultimately it comes down to the player and how strong his desire to excel in this format is.