Ishan Kishan refused BCCI's offer at redemption in Test series against England before Dhruv Jurel's heroics: Report

Hard to see the confusion.  KL is injured and is in London apparently. 

Ishan was never going to play any part in Tests and apart from that one knock against Pakistan in the Asia Cup, was awful in all other matches and struggled against BD and even in the World Cup .

The real question is about his T20 spot despite performing in 2 out of 3 matches against Australia .

But that's not just Ishan. Ruturaj was also unfairly dropped despite some really good performances in T20s and looks like even Gill will not make the first XI ahead of Rohit and Kohli .

KL is not keeping him out of any squad unless it's T20 and I don't think KL will make the World T20 squad. 

The fact that Rohit and Kohli were not available for any bilateral T20I after the last World T20 and somehow walk in to the first XI ahead of performers does resk of a double standard .

55 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Why do you think so?

Kela won't make it to the WT20 squad even if Draviodiot wants him.   Reason is quite simple:  He will get injured badly by the time IPeeL ends or mid-way.   He is made of broken glass.  Luckily for Indian fans, the T20 WC is scheduled immediately after IPeeL.  That gives no recovery time to the mental midget.  

On 3/3/2024 at 5:47 PM, putrevus said:

Ishan Kishan is at fault but the way Dravid was using him as place holder for KL Rahul is the root cause for this issue.

KL does not have to play any domestic matches? 

Yes as soon as 5th test team announced, he is back from london and ready to participate in ipl and wt20. It would be real travesty if he would feature in another wt20 team. Knowing Dravid hr sure will be first name in the list.

On 3/3/2024 at 8:11 PM, vvvslaxman said:

Did cricinfo report Kishan refused? Is there any credible article? After a lot of backlash at the social media i see news like this. Are they trying to save their face? I do not trust any of these guys. Some dressing room issues they are not sharing openly. Iyer getting dropped is even more puzzling in that case. Iyer was already playing Tests. His form was no worse than some of the form Gill until Gill made that lucky 100. Gill sucked in world cup too. 

Looks like these 2 revolted against preferential treatment of some players like bandya, kela.

1 hour ago, raki05 said:

Looks like these 2 revolted against preferential treatment of some players like bandya, kela.

They are not telling everything. This "first-class enforcement" is sudden. It was not really an agenda of BCCI.  Besides Rahul Dravid's job is not to tell what players should do. His job is to coach the team which he failed miserably in every tournament he coached except Asia cup. 

18 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Why do you think so?

KL has not been great in the last 2 IPL's and hasn't done a whole lot in T20I's either. 

And I don't TM see him as indispensable unlike a Kohli/Rohit. 

His selection for the ODI World Cup was justified because he had the best numbers at #5 .

There are also commercial considerations when selecting Kohli and Rohit with pressure from Disney and from their respective franchises (even if there are better T20 batters in the country)

KL is not that big a brand to command selection without numbers either in the IPL or in T20I's.

18 hours ago, Frustrated said:

BCCI should hv actually rewarded Kishan.   Kishan's non-compliance with bcci's order has resulted in the most positive thing for Indian cricket fans (post Pant's accident).   And he is Jur-El.  Remember the name.   

So is KL, Kal-El, the son of Jur-el? 

3 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

my view is that cricketers who dont want to play red ball cricket should not be made pariahs in cricket,we can just exclude them from national selection but to demonize them is not right.many may feel playing in IPL is enough for them .

Its not about making them a pariahs.

BCCI and TM need to be more structured in making Teams sorted to a format and identifying and developing players accordingly- if players like Kishan, Pandya and Iyer want to focus on white ball cricket only then their central contracts should be only a Grade B or below AND they should never be selected for the Test team therefore no need to play Ranji. BUT they still need to play all the 50 over and 20 over domestic cricket apart from IPL. If white ball players start avoiding VH Trophy etc then strip them of central contracts and limit their participation to IPL only and nowhere near Team India squad for ODIs T20Is

On 3/5/2024 at 3:39 AM, LordPrabhzy said:

Its not about making them a pariahs.

BCCI and TM need to be more structured in making Teams sorted to a format and identifying and developing players accordingly- if players like Kishan, Pandya and Iyer want to focus on white ball cricket only then their central contracts should be only a Grade B or below AND they should never be selected for the Test team therefore no need to play Ranji. BUT they still need to play all the 50 over and 20 over domestic cricket apart from IPL. If white ball players start avoiding VH Trophy etc then strip them of central contracts and limit their participation to IPL only and nowhere near Team India squad for ODIs T20Is

For T20 they should participate in SMAT not IPL. IPL is strictly not a domestic tournament.

10 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

For T20 they should participate in SMAT not IPL. IPL is strictly not a domestic tournament.

Why not both? the point is the selection to the International T20 team should be based on performances of both T20 tournaments. Obv IPL takes precedence because players are showcasing their talent against top international stars so if they do well they should be rewarded with a call up