RCB is a non serious team

cowboysfan

I suspect they'll drop Faf mid way through the season and make DK the captain.

Will Jacks or Fergusson might take the fourth overseas spot.

Dk is the only choice as Kohli won't lead a sinking ship and no other Indian player is a guaranteed starter.

1 hour ago, bowl_out said:

I suspect they'll drop Faf mid way through the season and make DK the captain.

Will Jacks or Fergusson might take the fourth overseas spot.

Dk is the only choice as Kohli won't lead a sinking ship and no other Indian player is a guaranteed starter.

Will jack and lockie could potentially play in place of green / Maxwell next match onwards.  Issue with RCB is lack of faith on local talent. While every other franchise is winning games thanks to unknown India players RCB is doing exact opposite.  Anuj did well in first game, lomror played a cameo for the lone win, show some faith on them. DK is warming bench.  

3 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Will jack and lockie could potentially play in place of green / Maxwell next match onwards.  Issue with RCB is lack of faith on local talent. While every other franchise is winning games thanks to unknown India players RCB is doing exact opposite.  Anuj did well in first game, lomror played a cameo for the lone win, show some faith on them. DK is warming bench.  

Yes, complete mismanagement of resources.

Strange to see Lomror and Vyshak dropped.

Also, ridiculous decision to not bowl Maxwell just because two right handers were batting

Good thing is kohli in good touch. We need one person to steer the ship in wc. Even though i hate his 140-150 sr, he can do that but others need to revolve around him. I think sharma n jaiswal will try to go bonkers if one fails gill will go after bowling. But if we are 30/5 with all hack shots we already lost the game. Kohli is a must.

Edited by Chaos

23 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Good thing is kohli in good touch. We need one person to steer the ship in wc. Even though i hate his 140-150 sr, he can do that but others need to revolve around him. I think sharma n jaiswal will try to go bonkers if one fails gill will go after bowling. But if we are 30/5 with all hack shots we already lost the game. Kohli is a must.

We have place for Kohli or Rohit not both. Add Rahul and we have 3 top order batsman who are so desperate to win that they get into safety first approach.  

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

No need for steering any ship. We've seen plenty of times how the "steering" has worked over the last decade. Despite India having its best bowling lineup in its history we've yet to win anything thanks to all that steering. I propose we go with folks who don't steer but thrash the opponent. I'm willing to lose with youngsters who go for it rather than watch another debacle and then hear the same old tired excuses of "we were not brave enough" or "just one bad game". Yeah we know the current lot are not brave enough, and the whole point of tourney is to win that crunch game.

RCB don't care about trophies....it may sound weird but that's true. 

RCB survives on the brand value of KGF...For them Kohli is their face and that's what make them marketable and run emotions through fans. Trophy is just an additional prize...nothing more than that.

If RCB is really serious about winning, they would have pushed Kohli down to 4 long back. You need to divide your experience across the batting order. Someone like Lomror should be batting at 3 while Rawat should open. But RCB won't let that happen as it will dent the marketability of Kohli within RCB.

You can't jeopardize the whole team just to keep one player I.e. Kohli scoring runs. It hasn't worked for Indian T20 team, it hasn't worked for RCB either.

Just like Indian Cricket team, even in RCB also it's always bowlers at the fault. Batters will statpad and keep on accumulating runs and consistently make below par scores, and then expectations would be that bowlers will defend that below par scores...it's not going to happen.

FAF's captaincy has been horrible. How can you not bowl Maxwell or let DK bat.

Maxwell is very uncanny customer will ball. 

Good captaincy might have won them the match yesterday.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

FAF's captaincy has been horrible. How can you not bowl Maxwell or let DK bat.

Maxwell is very uncanny customer will ball. 

Good captaincy might have won them the match yesterday.

How would Karthik or anyone else bat when the openers play out 105 out 120 deliveries for a below par score despite getting set? Duplessis should've retired out Kohli and sent in hitters but I doubt he has power to make those kind of decisions.

13 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

How would Karthik or anyone else bat when the openers play out 105 out 120 deliveries for a below par score despite getting set? Duplessis should've retired out Kohli and sent in hitters but I doubt he has power to make those kind of decisions.

karthik cannot bat more than 10-15 deliveries.He should have batted at number 4 once Maxwell did not click.

He would batted his quota if he batted at number 4.

Maxwell not bowling was as stupid as it gets.Butler was all at sea before that 20 run over.Maxwell has experience to bowl in power play.

Edited by putrevus

On 3/23/2024 at 9:47 AM, cowboysfan said:

the only reason why their bowling resources are shockingly bad compared to other teams,they just want to entertain and are not serious of winning.remember even in T20 bowlers win matches.

RCB exists for nothing but Kohli PR and to earn money from his brand image. Its not just about bowling, you have young players saying how they were treated, even big name internationals are confused there, you find same batsmen who failed there playing great in other teams. 

Other teams groom youngsters, they make players comfortable and look after all players, RCB doesnt care for anyone apart from Kohli. There is no sense of team or anything, its only kohli this and kohli that. No young player will every feel safe and comfortable. if team wins, its all because of Kohli, if team loses everyone else is blamed and youngsters are thrown under the bus.

I am glad many of our talented youngsters, both bowlers and batsmen are not in that team, its the worst place for them to be. the other players in the squad are similar to comic relief and supporting characters to the hero in a masala bollywood movie, they dont matter, no one cares, management, fans, they just come to watch the hero do some things. 

13 hours ago, Chaos said:

You are confusing T20s with ODIs, T20 has only 120 balls so 1) you dont need anyone to steer, teams are going all out to score 220+ and 2) even if you want someone to steer, then they should come later, AFTER there is a collapse, not bat in top 3. You cannot start every match anticipating a collapse.

Why are you so scared of 30/5? What have we won for 17 years despite never being 30/5? Nada, Zilch, shunya.

I would rather try and be brave and end up at 30/5 than have the same cowardly approach which won nothing for 17 years. 

Edited by New guy

1 minute ago, Serpico said:

RCB has Akashdeep on bench too. How bad can he be in T20s if rest of their bowlers arr this bad? He can also bat 

I did not know he was in their squad. I thought they also had Lockie.Siraj needs to go along with the useless leftarm spinner.

Possible RCB lineup that can turn around things

Kohli

Jacks

Faf

Patidar/Rawat

DK

Lomror

Tom Curran

Karn

Akash Deep

Lockie

Dayal

Their domestic buys are very bad but this is the best they can offer

8 minutes ago, Lord said:

Possible RCB lineup that can turn around things

Kohli

Jacks

Faf

Patidar/Rawat

DK

Lomror

Tom Curran

Karn

Akash Deep

Lockie

Dayal

Their domestic buys are very bad but this is the best they can offer

Dayal is as useless as they come.He should not play another match along that Dagar. On his good day he will leak 9 RPO.

12 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

RCB don't care about trophies....it may sound weird but that's true. 

RCB survives on the brand value of KGF...For them Kohli is their face and that's what make them marketable and run emotions through fans. Trophy is just an additional prize...nothing more than that.

If RCB is really serious about winning, they would have pushed Kohli down to 4 long back. You need to divide your experience across the batting order. Someone like Lomror should be batting at 3 while Rawat should open. But RCB won't let that happen as it will dent the marketability of Kohli within RCB.

You can't jeopardize the whole team just to keep one player I.e. Kohli scoring runs. It hasn't worked for Indian T20 team, it hasn't worked for RCB either.

Just like Indian Cricket team, even in RCB also it's always bowlers at the fault. Batters will statpad and keep on accumulating runs and consistently make below par scores, and then expectations would be that bowlers will defend that below par scores...it's not going to happen.

perfectly put. While Kohli did wonders to change mindset of our test cricket, knowingly or unknowingly he ruined our LoI cricket forever.

50 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Dayal is as useless as they come.He should not play another match along that Dagar. On his good day he will leak 9 RPO.

This is the best they got lol