Lots of effective plus Exciting to watch young Indian cricketers are coming through

After all sports are about entertainment.

Players, whose brand of cricket are exciting to watch, will bring in more spectators and increase cricket's popularity. Plus they will have to be effective too.

A list of such players.

FAST BOWLERS ....

Mayank Yadav

Harshit Rana

Akashdeep

Want Tyagi and Umran to join this list but they are not effective yet. Himanshu Chauhan may make this list when he gets to play the IPL. 

BATSMEN ....

Jaiswal

Pant

Gill

Jurel

Rinku 

Sarfraz 

SPINNERS ....

Kuldeep 

Bishnoi

Suyash 

Please add your own choices of young Indian cricketers who are both exciting to watch and effective. 

P.S .... This thread is about exciting to watch Indian cricketers who are expected to play for the next 7 to 10 years atleast. They don't have to be rookies. 

Edited by express bowling
3 hours ago, express bowling said:

After all sports are about entertainment.

Players, whose brand of cricket are exciting to watch, will bring in more spectators and increase cricket's popularity. Plus they will have to be effective too.

A list of such players.

FAST BOWLERS ....

Mayank Yadav

Harshit Rana

Akashdeep

Want Tyagi and Umran to join this list but they are not effective yet. Himanshu Chauhan may make this list when he gets to play the IPL. 

BATSMEN ....

Jaiswal

Pant

Gill

Jurel

Rinku 

Sarfraz 

SPINNERS ....

Kuldeep 

Suyash 

Please add your own choices of young Indian cricketers who are both exciting to watch and effective. 

I would delete Suyash, Kuldeep and Pant. Suyash is unproven beyond 1 season of IPL (he has limited domestic experience), so it is premature. In Pant's case, he is already quite established and is therefore "not coming through"; moreover, we need to see how much of his old batting abilities remain post-accident. Ditto for Kuldeep: he is quite established (has over 150 int'l matches for india).

We don't have any exciting spinners coming through the ranks.

I would create a new category of ARs and add Nishant Sindhu (proven in ranjis, U23 tourney, other domestics). scores at a good clip, bowls tight (but with some guile too)

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Vijy said:

I would delete Suyash, Kuldeep and Pant. Suyash is unproven beyond 1 season of IPL (he has limited domestic experience), so it is premature. In Pant's case, he is already quite established and is therefore "not coming through"; moreover, we need to see how much of his old batting abilities remain post-accident. Ditto for Kuldeep: he is quite established (has over 150 int'l matches for india).

We don't have any exciting spinners coming through the ranks.

I would create a new category of ARs and add Nishant Sindhu (proven in ranjis, U23 tourney, other domestics). scores at a good clip, bowls tight (but with some guile too)

This thread is about Indian players who have atleast 7 to 10 years left. Don't have to be rookies. I changed the OP to include this aspect. Basically, Indian cricketers whose enjoyable brand of cricket we can watch for quite a few years.

As far as Pant is concerned, you were almost sure that he won't come back in a long time and maybe never at all. And is unlikely to be the same player. But he is back after 450 days and just scored a 30 ball 50 and took.a diving catch. Keeping regularly too. Whether he recaptures his batting form in tests, only time.will tell. But his positive attitude is really refreshing to see and the key to overcoming tough odds. 

Edited by express bowling

I don't find Bishnoi's bowling enjoyable. He has energy in his general demeanor, including with the bat and on the field. 

But his bowling is too boring, predictable googlies and line of attack, not much guile or setup, defensive option.  

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

I don't find Bishnoi's bowling enjoyable. He has energy in his general demeanor, including with the bat and on the field. 

But his bowling is too boring, predictable googlies and line of attack, not much guile or setup, defensive option.  

Still young, so can develop it. Attitude looks good.

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

This thread is about Indian players who have atleast 7 to 10 years left. Don't have to be rookies. I changed the OP to include this aspect. Basically, Indian cricketers whose enjoyable brand of cricket we can watch for quite a few years.

As far as Pant is concerned, you were almost sure that he won't come back in a long time and maybe never at all. And is unlikely to be the same player. But he is back after 450 days and just scored a 30 ball 50 and took.a diving catch. Keeping regularly too. Whether he recaptures his batting form in tests, only time.will tell. But his positive attitude is really refreshing to see and the key to overcoming tough odds. 

If it's not rookies, then you should add Boom(er) too. He has about 6-7 years in him, potentially.

Also Kohli... exciting youngster, heard many good things about him.

Edited by Vijy
5 hours ago, Gollum said:

yes, 1D type of bowler. needs to improve that legbreak.

28 minutes ago, Vijy said:

If it's not rookies, then you should add Boom(er) too. He has about 6-7 years in him, potentially.

Also Kohli... exciting youngster, heard many good things about him.

Bumrah's bowling is unlikely to be enjoyable after 3 or 4 years. He is already 30+ and returning from his 2nd back injury.  Seems very reluctant to use short balls this year. 

From batters I would add Samad & Abhinav Manohar.

Sadly both are not very much utilized, but they are exciting and can launch from ball one.

Have high hopes from Yudhvir as well, sadly not getting games, but I think after Harshit Rana is the perfect candidate for 8 position, powerful guy, tall hit the deck bowler, good pace and is a big hitter. He can infact become a Stoinis kinda allrounder for us if he is developed properly.

On 4/1/2024 at 10:19 AM, express bowling said:

Bumrah's bowling is unlikely to be enjoyable after 3 or 4 years. He is already 30+ and returning from his 2nd back injury.  Seems very reluctant to use short balls this year. 

as long as the guile is high, he can still be enjoyable to watch. old walsh operated in low 130s, but was still interesting to watch.

7 hours ago, Vijy said:

as long as the guile is high, he can still be enjoyable to watch. old walsh operated in low 130s, but was still interesting to watch.

Walsh was 6'6" and got steep bounce even after age 35 

Bumrah's USP was the heavy ball which hit the splice of the bat, but happened due to his pace from a high arm action. 

Once the pace is gone, shorter pacers often struggle. All the pacers with 500+ test wickets at a low average are tall.  Steyn, with 400+ test wickets at a low average, never lost too much pace.