Sick of sycophant commentators aka kohli paid media

7 hours ago, Ultimate_Game said:

In that case let likes of Abhishek, Parag or someone else roll their arm over. If Maxwell, Head, Chapman, Markram, Root etc. can bowl, I'm sure we can get similar productivity out of Abhisheks and Parags. Likes of Jadeja and Axar give you an allusion of being all-rounders but they're not. If they're an all-rounder, then Cummins and Starc should be deemed as all-rounders as well andI'll rate them higher than Jadeja and Axar.

Agreed . I am selecting Jadeja for his ability to field , catch and cause run outs . 

but am open to abhishek , parag etc . Problem is they don’t play these guys in useless bilaterals . If they select them , they are not in playing 11 . Washington sundar is still not regular in any format and ashwin plays before him .. our team selections are crazy . Jaiswal has not bowled a single over . 

13 hours ago, mani sha said:

These are the best all rounders we have . U don’t have a Jacques Kallis in India . You have to learn to make maximum out of them . 

If by getting maximum out of them means choking and losing every cup then sure. People like you are welcome to have no cups for another 17 years. If you keep supporting mediocrity then accept medicore results too. 

3 hours ago, mani sha said:

Agreed . I am selecting Jadeja for his ability to field , catch and cause run outs . 

but am open to abhishek , parag etc . Problem is they don’t play these guys in useless bilaterals . If they select them , they are not in playing 11 . Washington sundar is still not regular in any format and ashwin plays before him .. our team selections are crazy . Jaiswal has not bowled a single over . 

We gotta try a different approach. Doing the same thing with Jadejas, Axars, Kohlis, KL Rahuls, Rohits hasn't really made much of a difference. I'm sure any team we select can replicate similar results as well - get into top 4 and then lose the knockout. At least with a youngish team we don't know how things can turn out in a knockout - maybe their fearless approach finally gets us over the line. With oldies, we already know what's gonna happen.

19 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

We gotta try a different approach. Doing the same thing with Jadejas, Axars, Kohlis, KL Rahuls, Rohits hasn't really made much of a difference. I'm sure any team we select can replicate similar results as well - get into top 4 and then lose the knockout. At least with a youngish team we don't know how things can turn out in a knockout - maybe their fearless approach finally gets us over the line. With oldies, we already know what's gonna happen.

Agreed . 
hence I keep oldies quota to one or two players. Rohit and Jadeja are the only two players who make the cut. I would not pick Virat etc. 

Jadeja too has to fight out with axar etc . Don’t know anyone who can field like Jadeja . 

with Rohit , I do believe that his captaincy experience is invaluable . Also he allows youngsters to breathe , coupled with his unselfish batting . 

9 minutes ago, mani sha said:

Agreed . 
hence I keep oldies quota to one or two players. Rohit and Jadeja are the only two players who make the cut. I would not pick Virat etc. 

Jadeja too has to fight out with axar etc . Don’t know anyone who can field like Jadeja . 

with Rohit , I do believe that his captaincy experience is invaluable . Also he allows youngsters to breathe , coupled with his unselfish batting . 

I like Rohit's un-selfish approach but he's past it. I expect a lot of 1(2) kind of scores from him at intl level. Against Pakistan, with Amir and a fit Shaheen, I don't expect him or our other right-handers to do much. That's why would love to see Jaiswal and Abhishek going up against their left-armers and going after them.

On 4/21/2024 at 8:25 PM, Ultimate_Game said:

I like Rohit's un-selfish approach but he's past it. I expect a lot of 1(2) kind of scores from him at intl level. Against Pakistan, with Amir and a fit Shaheen, I don't expect him or our other right-handers to do much. That's why would love to see Jaiswal and Abhishek going up against their left-armers and going after them.

Unfortunately Rohit will play being the captain. Even though the damage can be limited by making Rohit a floater, I expect management wont.

It should be as 

Jaiswal

Abhishek

Rohit

Samson/Pant

Rinku

Parag

Sky/Varma

It likely will be

Rohit

Jaiswal 

Kohli ( Self entitled buffon. Even though it was an eye sore in the manner he was removed  from captaincy, that was probably a great decision by Ganguly to ignore his tantrums)

Gill

KL ( Dravid's fav and could be captain)

Hardik (BCCI's illicit son and would be captain)

Samson /Pant

19 minutes ago, RajBan said:

Unfortunately Rohit will play being the captain. Even though the damage can be limited by making Rohit a floater, I expect management wont.

It should be as 

Jaiswal

Abhishek

Rohit

Samson/Pant

Rinku

Parag

Sky/Varma

It likely will be

Rohit

Jaiswal 

Kohli ( Self entitled buffon. Even though it was an eye sore in the manner he was removed  from captaincy, that was probably a great decision by Ganguly to ignore his tantrums)

Gill

KL ( Dravid's fav and could be captain)

Hardik (BCCI's illicit son and would be captain)

Samson /Pant

not sure that rohit can work at 3. better chance for abhi to do damage at 3.

Don't look to commentary team anymore for insight. They are more of a distraction than anything else. They are as insightful as reporters are these days. Reporters, newscasters, commentary team anything associated with the idiot box is annoying and mind numbing. You can't blame them. They know which side of their bread is buttered and they will butter it all up

18 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Don't look to commentary team anymore for insight. They are more of a distraction than anything else. They are as insightful as reporters are these days. Reporters, newscasters, commentary team anything associated with the idiot box is annoying and mind numbing. You can't blame them. They know which side of their bread is buttered and they will butter it all up

It’s everywhere . Facebook , commentators , tv anchors . 

Virat is a must 

pandya is a must

sir jadeja 

Dhoni for World Cup 

dk for World Cup 

in an ideal world , knowledgeable cricketers will show stats 

who are the true matchwinners in t20 for India and also in IPL 

jaiswal 

abhishek sharma 

r sharma ( yes , I still feel he shows up and plays unselfish ) 

sky 

rinku 

dube 

any wicketkeeper who can bat ( all are blow hot blow cold - kishan was performing earlier and he is now out of favour , pant is not good for t20 - sanju is most consistent imo ) 

riyan parag 

kuldeep 

bishnoi 

Mayank 

bumrah

reddy / rana 

axar ( he is better than jaddu as batter ) 

Shashank 

Mohsin / arshdeep / dayal ( all three are same - pick one who is fitter and has best IPL ) 

with above team , we have chance to defend and score ok. . Some decent six hitters, all rounders and in form players 

15 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Lol Chase master.  Sure he is a chase master. But was he the only guy who contributed to that chase? 

kohli is going overboard to ensure his place in team . He upsets the balance so much yet we will be stuck with him . His moronic catching and his strike rate of 120 against spinners will cost us dearly in wc