Tale of two halves

MediumPacer

12 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Pant can be many thing. He is never selfish. Just that he just couldn't get going.  Insecure Sanju samson fans are already out with knives. I want Sanju as well. But this is over the top

A player of Pant's caliber doesn't need PR to make it to the T20I side despite his under achievements in the format. :facepalm:

It's true he's under achieved but this is OTT. You can't expect anything better from a group that plays victim card all the time. But you don't need this Pant in T20Is. The batting order is already filled with not so quick scorers barring SKY while Jaiswal and Rinku are doubtful starters. 

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

Pant can be many thing. He is never selfish. Just that he just couldn't get going.  Insecure Sanju samson fans are already out with knives. I want Sanju as well. But this is over the top

Crassly made, but they have a point to be honest.

Even in his best year , 2022, he didn't strike at more than 132 in T20Is.

Compared to ODIs and Tests, where he became world class in no time, he has struggled in this format.

Pant averages 34, SR 148 in IPL. Pant currently is completely out of touch. Has no balance at the crease. Head falling away. No coordination between head and feet. Looking to hoick everything through fine leg. Losing shape while going for big shots. He shouldn't be selected for wc in current state and needs lot of rework on his batting.

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Sanju vs Pant vs DK....  I reckon Ganju wins hands down as much as I hate his PR but can't deny it.  Can hit spin plus has horizontal bat shots as well.   Timing wise he is superior & in good nick. 

53 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Sanju vs Pant vs DK....  I reckon Ganju wins hands down as much as I hate his PR but can't deny it.  Can hit spin plus has horizontal bat shots as well.   Timing wise he is superior & in good nick. 

Upon closer inspection some of the VK fans also indulge in trolling Pant as VK was trolled for strike rate.

What are you guys taking about? Pant is not a T20 player. The only format where he performs exceptionally well and can single handedly win you games is Tests. He should never be in the discussions of a World Cup T20 team. 

I rly dont think pant is rdy for wc. I want samson, btw im a did hard pant fan. But we gotta go with form. Even abhishek should be in for gill. Depending on conditions abhi / jaiswal should open n abhi/rohit should open

2 hours ago, nitinbwj said:

What are you guys taking about? Pant is not a T20 player. The only format where he performs exceptionally well and can single handedly win you games is Tests. He should never be in the discussions of a World Cup T20 team. 

He was turning into an exceptional ODI batter too. The signs were there.

That accident may have taken something out of him, permanently. 

5 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Only problem is he can't bat outside top 3. He should have batted himself at 5-6 to increase his chances. Tough to fit him in now

On 4/21/2024 at 6:59 AM, Nikhil_cric said:

He was turning into an exceptional ODI batter too. The signs were there.

That accident may have taken something out of him, permanently. 

ability to accelerate and sustain his hitting are up and down. looks only a fraction of the player he was in some matches, and looks great in others.

Edited by Vijy

On 4/21/2024 at 10:26 AM, Ultimate_Game said:

We need Pant for the Test series in Australia later this year. He's much more valuable there as we've plenty of options in the shorter formats.

he looks far from being test match ready, though he is T20 ready

Edited by Vijy