Impact of SMAT

vvvslaxman

19 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Are we under-rating SMAT? Almost all the SMAT performers are doing well here. Is it high time Indian selection committed factor SMAT in as well? That doesn't have impact sub crap. 

It does have impact rule. In fact all domestic T20 tournaments have it

Edited by rkt.india

9 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Said it before... 

SMAT > Ranji>VHT = CK Nayudu... 

Quality is improving very fast.  It is already better than PSL BBL imo. 

I think Deodhar Trophy is better than Ranji. It helps playing best XI of a zone vs other.

SMAT>Deodhar>VHT>Ranji

I am keeping Ranji last purely because of the quality of bowlers I saw in recently concluded season. No Yudhvir, no Gurnoor, no Prithviraj, no Tyagi, no Harshit, no Mayank, no Hangargekar. It was a pure bore fest for the quick bowlers. 

22 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

I think Deodhar Trophy is better than Ranji. It helps playing best XI of a zone vs other.

SMAT>Deodhar>VHT>Ranji

I am keeping Ranji last purely because of the quality of bowlers I saw in recently concluded season. No Yudhvir, no Gurnoor, no Prithviraj, no Tyagi, no Harshit, no Mayank, no Hangargekar. It was a pure bore fest for the quick bowlers. 

Oh yes...  Irani trophy is also considered to be very competitive and prestigious one even though it is a one off game. 

Edited by Lone Wolf

26 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

SMAT>Deodhar>VHT>Ranji

Yep. Deodhar is of much better quality than whatever else Ive seen. It's why Parag should start being selected for the ODI team. 

Some of the decisions in terms of fielding some of these players in IPL has been baffling. Rinku who was a sure shot for t20 WC will most likely miss the bus. Why ? Because KKR always played him down the order, giving him limited to no opportunity to perform. Umran who was recently handed fast bowling contract is the only guy who hasnt got a game. I was hoping for Jhural to shine but again limited opportunities. Sarfarz is not even in IPL. 

Sometimes i wonder if some of them are held back on purpose either both by Indian captains who dont want them taking their spot in India team or non-indian captains cause they dont want young local talent to develop. 

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Oh yes...  Irani trophy is also considered to be very competitive and prestigious one even though it is a one off game. 

Reckon RoI should get to play both finalists of Ranji Trophy instead of just champions.  That would be justified. 

1 minute ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Some of the decisions in terms of fielding some of these players in IPL has been baffling. Rinku who was a sure shot for t20 WC will most likely miss the bus. Why ? Because KKR always played him down the order, giving him limited to no opportunity to perform. Umran who was recently handed fast bowling contract is the only guy who hasnt got a game. I was hoping for Jhural to shine but again limited opportunities. Sarfarz is not even in IPL. 

Sometimes i wonder if some of them are held back on purpose either both by Indian captains who dont want them taking their spot in India team or non-indian captains cause they dont want young local talent to develop. 

Impact player rule might get revoked next season but it has given chances to likes of Shashank Ashutosh & even allowed Reddy Ramandeep types to fit in as well. 

1 minute ago, Lone Wolf said:

Impact player rule might get revoked next season but it has given chances to likes of Shashank Ashutosh & even allowed Reddy Ramandeep types to fit in as well. 

Yes it should be tweaked not scrapped

11 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Instead of turning Rinku into a finished product we run towards next shiny object. Realistically Shashank is unlikely to play for India. Nitesh has hardik and dube ahead of him. Ashutosh is the only one i have some hope. 

Posted (edited)

Rohit

Kohli

Rahul

SKY

Pant

Jadeja

Hardik

Axar

Bumrah

Arshdeep

Kuldeep

vs

Jaiswal

Abishek

Gill

Samson

Parag

Dube

Rinku

Harshit

Kuldeep sen

Nattu

Chahal

Who will win. If you take out Bumrah first team is likely to lose.

Edited by vvvslaxman

3 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Rohit

Kohli

Rahul

SKY

Pant

Jadeja

Hardik

Axar

Bumrah

Arshdeep

Kuldeep

vs

Jaiswal

Abishek

Gill

Samson

Parag

Dube

Rinku

Harshit

Kuldeep sen

Nattu

Chahal

Who will win. If you take out Bumrah first team is likely to lose.

Don't even need to make a combined team

Every IPL team will beat the Indian team with the one selected playing for India, except maybe RCB 

3 minutes ago, Lord said:

Don't even need to make a combined team

Every IPL team will beat the Indian team with the one selected playing for India, except maybe RCB 

They totally rely on Kubum . If they are a no show we are going to get thrashing of our life time.