Pakistani teen thanks PM Modi's govt for heart transplant in Chennai; mother says 'came to India without money...'

Gollum

4 minutes ago, AuxiliA said:

Thank the Papa of our nation the great Mahatma Ganduji for this big heartedness towards the Pakistanis. 

Love your enemies even if they hate you. Help them first even before helping yourself. If they still decide to kill you, oblige and put your neck forward. That's what Hindu Dharma teaches us according to Bapu. 

:hysterical:

8 hours ago, Gollum said:

Where did I praise Congress? 

Here the government could have denied visa. Now they can send ED behind that trust and investigate the motive behind their funding. Certain lines have to be drawn when it comes to dealing with the enemy, make an example out of these people so that future Aman ki asha types think twice. 

You are right here. Its good to criticize both parties. It signifies the good health of a democracy. People especially ours don't get it.

8 hours ago, AuxiliA said:

Bhai ab kya election chhod ke Modi ek heart patient bacchi ke pichhe lage?

That would look utterly cheap considering the humanitarian nature of this case.

Leave it. Hua to hua..

I wish that girl all the best and I still do. But our citizens should be number one priority over others. Its not good to leave it. We should ask the government to correct its steps and try to enact a law that puts Indians first.

3 hours ago, Gollum said:

No need. Just a blanket ban on visas to all Pakistanis. Let their Ummah friends help them. Us kaafirs are cheap, intolerant, bigoted, so be it......let them whine before international media outlets.

I want Indian patients to get preference, then those from friendly countries, then neutral countries. Is it too much to ask for?

You are right on 100% that Indians get the preference. India could blanket ban visas but is not realistic. Right now paxtan is not engaging (atleast outwardly) in any terror activities. Usually these medical exemptions are given to civilians (not terrorists or subversive people) to maintain India's image as a leader in human rights. More importantly what needs to happen is that we don't do or promise what the medical chief did. That was just :facepalm:moment.

Heart transplant match is not like blood donation. It is very very lucky to get a match, and this girl was lucky. Most probably this girl might have been the only girl to match. There is absolutely no data to indicate that Indians are ignored. Too much noise about nothing. 

On 4/28/2024 at 9:06 AM, Real McCoy said:

Looks like the head himself and others pitched in. Would he help the nearby platform dweller if he has an heart attack. And he also managed to find a heart donor in the midst. There is a cue for heart transplants if I'm not wrong. Lucky girl. Sometimes, we as a nation are affected by stockholm syndrome.

The minute we enter private hospitals we are seen as cash cows. Doubt these people give a damn about our poor. Just PR, photo ops and aman ki tamasha. 

In fact private hospitals are supposed to provide treatment to BPL patients free of cost, something like 10% of total patients, mandated by law. Few years back almost all hospitals in India were found to be violating this. And Kejriwal govt imposed huge fines on some of these big chain hospitals in Delhi. Not much progress or follow up to that. 

All these private hospitals get subsidized land, and in return they must give back to the society, but doesn't happen.

Posted (edited)

The trust raised ₹40 lakhs for the girl. 

And if you see social media, Pakistanis and DMK IT wing are playing North vs South over this (never mind the donor was a Delhi resident). Get a feeling this is all part of some toolkit activated for election season, not the treatment but the timing and publicity. 

Edited by Gollum

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

And if you see social media, Pakistanis and DMK IT wing are playing North vs South over this (never mind the donor was a Delhi resident). Get a feeling this is all part of some toolkit activated for election season, not the treatment but the timing and publicity. 

This is no toolkit for elections. No one cares about it lol. It's just business as usual.

The P*ki trolls look to create divisions within India at every given opportunity and the DMK trolls look for any validation they can get from a foreigner(even a P*ki) against the Naarth Indians. 

The time I used to go to the green ghetto forum I found quite a few DMK chutiyas bowing down & sucking upto the P*kis by demeaning the North Indians.

These same P*ki trolls racially abuse the dark skinned South Indians all over the internet.

5 hours ago, Gollum said:

From a personal viewpoint, if I could vote in India and was considering voting for a non-BJP candidate, this incident would've significantly moved the needle towards the BJP candidate. In my mind, it shows that GoI / PM Modi / BJP have the maturity and discernment - that it is very possible to help an individual child who found a match while simultaneously holding a hard line against Pakistan, their govt and their military. It's not like some high-ranking Pak govt official was treated. It's just a regular person - a child.

It is a demonstration of humanity, above all.

6 hours ago, Gollum said:

It should be Indian hospitality and not Tamil hospitality. TN is in India not a separate identity.

This is a testament to Tamil Hospitality, & the efficiency, reputation of Tamil Doctors. Call us Quota Drs, Non-NEET drs, but single-handedly, the doctors from Tamilnadu put India on The World Health Map. Consistently. And.. We don't hv mindless hatred towards Pakistani Muslim Civilians, who come in peace. We were vaccinated against the Militant mutant Hindutva Virus of hatred, by a vaccine called Dravidianism by a great Dr called Periyar & social reformer Dr. Kalaignar Ayya.”

Assholes are anti-India no doubt.

These people in private hospitals charge hefty amounts to poor and middle class Indians and drive them to bankruptcy. But for Wasim Akram - “APOLLO HOSPITAL, CHENNAI WAIVED ALL PAYMENT. I'LL NEVER FORGET THAT KINDNESS.”

Edited by coffee_rules

2 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

It should be Indian hospitality and not Tamil hospitality. TN is in India not a separate identity.

This is a testament to Tamil Hospitality, & the efficiency, reputation of Tamil Doctors. Call us Quota Drs, Non-NEET drs, but single-handedly, the doctors from Tamilnadu put India on The World Health Map. Consistently. And.. We don't hv mindless hatred towards Pakistani Muslim Civilians, who come in peace. We were vaccinated against the Militant mutant Hindutva Virus of hatred, by a vaccine called Dravidianism by a great Dr called Periyar & social reformer Dr. Kalaignar Ayya.”

Assholes are anti-India no doubt.

I just don't get the whole political / sectarian angle here, especially coming from a doc. I caught a glimpse of his twitter handle - it says Urologist, Dravidian stock. Why should his stock matter? He is a human. A doctor. Nothing else should matter.

Followers of betichod Periyar do suck up a lot to Pakistanis be it on social media or the WC games in Chepauk last year. Mallus, bhadraloks too worship the Pakistanis but a bit extreme in this case. Doubly funny because Pakistanis look down upon dark skinned Indians and always make fun of the looks, cuisine, culture of Tamils....standard memes about Kollywood actors and how ugly Tamilians are. 

Pretty sure not all Tamils are like that, those on ICF are definitely not like that, but DMK IT cell is very loud and vocal, drowns other voices from the state.

Ok if this is a gesture of goodwill, friendship by Indians towards Pakistan (not the first, heck even Imran's cancer hospital was possible because of money raised by Indians especially the Godrejs), where is the reciprocity?

Not asking for treatment of our people in their hospitals, can be anything. Have they cracked down on a single terrorist wanted in India? 

Posted (edited)

It seems heart transplant facilities are there in Pakistan but lack of donors, since it is haraam in Islam, any form of organ donation.

Also the family was poor and no sponsors in Pak. Aishwarya trust in Chennai raised the money.

This is a dangerous loophole where Pakistanis just come to India for free treatment and transplant of organs. If it is haraam in Islam, if there are lack of donors in Pak, doesn't mean they can come and exploit the good nature of Indian infidels. 

Singapore govt has tried to force it's citizens to donate organs, as usual Muslims didn't comply, so Singaporean Muslims are placed in least preference tier when it comes to giving them organs. We can't be that harsh on our citizens but at least don't let the enemy country walk all over us without compensation (starting with action on Hafiz Saeed types)....learn from our own history. 

Edited by Gollum

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Not towards Pakistan, but towards that particular Pakistani person. At least, that's the way I see it.

Meanwhile Kulbhushan Yadav is being tortured in their prison, one of his ears was cut off following his arrest. No consular access for 4 years. Last time his wife and mother were allowed to meet him in the hospital they had to take out mangalsutra, religious symbols etc.

And we all remember what their doctors did to Sarabjit Singh. Evil country. 

You'll never see such a thread if the beneficiary is a Bangladeshi or Afghan (despite Taliban).  Pakistan otoh carried out terror attacks even this month in Kashmir.

Edited by Gollum

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Not towards Pakistan, but towards that particular Pakistani person. At least, that's the way I see it.

Anna you are a good, ideal person. I respect that. 

I think we should be practical. Fine if we do such things but take something in return. Think in terms of leverage, and no I am not talking about selfish interests, address India's legitimate grievances wrt Pak terror factory. Maybe force the  release of Kulbhushan Yadav so that his mother can get the same joy as this Pak girl's mother, after all he has suffered enough in solitary confinement for close to a decade. Reopen Saurabh Kalia torture case and punish the perpetrators of that ghastly crime. Goodwill gestures can't always be one-sided, we don't even want goodwill from their side, we want justice.

Edited by Gollum

Just now, Gollum said:

I think we should be practical. Fine if we do such things but take something in return. Think in terms of leverage, and no I am not talking about selfish interests, address India's legitimate grievances wrt Pak terror factory. Maybe force the  release of Kulbhushan Yadav so that his mother can get the same joy and this Pak girl's mother, after all he has suffered enough in solitary confinement for close to a decade.

And I respect and understand your position. Such strategic thinking is not my forte :-(. 

23 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Atleast we should our self before we can others. Helping Pakistanis is not right when our soilders are getting killed at borders.  We still have lot of poor people who can’t get operations for free. We are not some European country that has welfare based economy. 

11 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I think we should be practical. Fine if we do such things but take something in return. Think in terms of leverage, and no I am not talking about selfish interests, address India's legitimate grievances wrt Pak terror factory. Maybe force the  release of Kulbhushan Yadav so that his mother can get the same joy as this Pak girl's mother, after all he has suffered enough in solitary confinement for close to a decade. Reopen Saurabh Kalia torture case and punish the perpetrators of that ghastly crime. Goodwill gestures can't always be one-sided, we don't even want goodwill from their side, we want justice.

You ain't getting any justice from the Pakistanis. So forget about it.

What we should do is Tit for Tat. Do what they tried doing with us i.e. "Bleed them by thousand cuts". Covertly fund and support all their internal and external enemies. Be it BLA, TTP or whoever. Make sure that they are never a safe place for foreign investors, their economy remains bankrupt. Isolate them diplomatically wherever we can and don't grant them any kind of access to India. 

I am sure we have set this ball rolling under Doval-Modi. But as we keep growing economically and militarily we need to press harder and harder at their throat. And most importantly don't ever fall for this Aman ki NirAsha charade.