Why don't Indian youngsters and other players not have as much respect for Kohli as they do for Sachin, dhoni etc?

2 hours ago, VT87 said:

Bhai ye kuch jaada ho gaya:phehe:

It's all true dude, there are many frustrated guys online who have been convinced by online forums and subs that they are doomed in love. When they can easily get with women with right attitude and nature instead of becoming angry and bitter and misogynist all the time. 

1 hour ago, New guy said:

It's all true dude, there are many frustrated guys online who have been convinced by online forums and subs that they are doomed in love. When they can easily get with women with right attitude and nature instead of becoming angry and bitter and misogynist all the time. 

100% 

Although I just fine it hard to imagine girls finding Sachin convenyially attractive. Sure he can easily get women by other means cause he has lot of other things going for him. More than looks/physique , personality/confidence, money power trumps all. 

5 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Respect has to be earned.

All Kohli does is to abuse his own players..he mocked Ashwin, he was showing attitude to SKY when he hasn't even debut. Pandya too has that and he was abusing Shami in last IPL.

Such things don't go down with people well. They may like Kohli the player but not Kohli the human.

Had Kohli kept the abuses to other teams but not to his own players, people would have respected him much much more than what he is today.

Players of the past were much more well behaved against youngsters. Ganguly till date is respected by any cricketer who played under him. Yuvi, Kaif, Harbhajan, Zaheer, Nehra, Sehwag everyone has mentioned it so many times how Ganguly helped them when they were young. 

The way Sachin was carried over in the ground post 2011 WC...that simply states how much respect he had amongst youngsters. That respect even MS can't match no matter how much "Thala for a reason" trends on Social Media.

Remains to be seen after he hangs up his boots how many youngsters thank him for their development/look to him for guidance. I have only heard Kela saying Kohli was helping him out during the last T20 wc lol. 

On 5/5/2024 at 4:14 AM, putrevus said:

2003 was a fluke and it is not remembered by anyone. Beating over the hill Pakistani team where Akram, Younis played their last match is heralded by some geniuses as some sort of achievement.

2023 India was by far best team , finals where Kohli did not see India thru ended up as a loss. 

That has been the common theme throughout the last decade. No matter what the format - Tests (WTC), ODIs (WC), T20s (WT20) - Kohli and other seniors haven't seen India through anything.

16 hours ago, New guy said:

The rumors on reddit are not worth a rats ass, there are people there who claimed he was a pedo. No point in blindly parroting those guys

reddit wasn't around then. moreover, I clearly stated it was a salacious rumour, i.e., it should be taken as rubbish

16 hours ago, New guy said:

It wasnt just BCCI, it was in consultation with senior members lie Rohit, Kohli etc and they agreed.

didn't you read that I mentioned "TM" (which includes vada pav and dravid)? or did you choose to ignore it?

Posted (edited)

Dhoni for all his flaws led the Indian team during its most glorious days, won three ICC championships.

Sachin was team India for a long time, fans used to tune out as soon as he got out.

Kohli for all his personal milestones hasn't seen India achieving such feats or has never been in a setup where ppl tuned out after he got out.. 

Edited by IndianRenegade
1 hour ago, IndianRenegade said:

Dhoni for all his flaws led the Indian team during its most glorious days, won three ICC championships.

Sachin was team India for a long time, fans used to tune out as soon as he got out.

Kohli for all his personal milestones hasn't seen India achieving such feats or has never been in a setup where ppl tuned out after he got out.. 

If Dhoni hadn't been around we would still be looking for the next trophy since 1983. Seeing how Kohli, Rohit etc. have shyte the bed, don't think they're capable of achieving the feat.

On 5/5/2024 at 11:57 AM, Kron said:

2023 india was one of the strongest teams in history of odi world cup. Not just India's. 

We just got unlucky in finals and failed under pressure. 

I blame rohit. Dumb ass idiot got out to Maxwell of all people. Opening is the easiest to face after 5 overs. 

Only the bowling was GOAT. Prime McGrath would have destroyed this top order in 10 minutes

On 5/5/2024 at 9:27 PM, Kron said:

2023 india was one of the strongest teams in history of odi world cup. Not just India's. 

We just got unlucky in finals and failed under pressure. 

I blame rohit. Dumb ass idiot got out to Maxwell of all people. Opening is the easiest to face after 5 overs. 

No it wasn't. Australia 2003,2007. SA of 2015. WI of 75,79. These were some of the strongest teams. Maybe Bowling was better but batting wasn't. Gill was playing first WC, Surya the lappebaz was in XI which in itself was shameful.  And it doesn't even matter. India were convincingly thrashed in final. We ended on the same page as other teams excpet Australia regardless winning the group stage matches. Nobody remembers it after few years excpet channel production house.

4 hours ago, Bigg Brother said:

No it wasn't. Australia 2003,2007. SA of 2015. WI of 75,79. These were some of the strongest teams. Maybe Bowling was better but batting wasn't. Gill was playing first WC, Surya the lappebaz was in XI which in itself was shameful.  And it doesn't even matter. India were convincingly thrashed in final. We ended on the same page as other teams excpet Australia regardless winning the group stage matches. Nobody remembers it after few years excpet channel production house.

I should have prefaced by saying it was strongest Asian team. I would say it's up there for sure. Top 5 top 6 in all time. Bowling was top class. Batting yea so so.

No 2015 sa wouldn't be stronger than 2023 india and SA also got smashed in semis by your logic. 

They won like 9 or 10 in a row. They thrashed all teams including Aussies in group stage. Choked in finals.

14 hours ago, Laaloo said:

Only the bowling was GOAT. Prime McGrath would have destroyed this top order in 10 minutes

True. No denying that.

Bowling was super OP. Cant believe this garbage man rohit stuffed it up.

2 hours ago, Kron said:

I should have prefaced by saying it was strongest Asian team. I would say it's up there for sure. Top 5 top 6 in all time. Bowling was top class. Batting yea so so.

No 2015 sa wouldn't be stronger than 2023 india and SA also got smashed in semis by your logic. 

They won like 9 or 10 in a row. They thrashed all teams including Aussies in group stage. Choked in finals.

SA-15 was their GOAT team. Perfect batting unit. They were screwed because of that Quota policy and Playing Philander over in form Abott. 

Don't think Kohli cares too much about this tbh. He is a confrontational person, unlike Sachin or Dhoni, in your face. Probably prefers banter/rivalry to straight up respect. You don't see likes of Kishan trying to imitate Sachin or MSDs walk in front of them but they will with Kohli

2 hours ago, Bigg Brother said:

SA-15 was their GOAT team. Perfect batting unit. They were screwed because of that Quota policy and Playing Philander over in form Abott. 

I would say 2023 india with correct selections would beat their goat team. Depends on conditions. Only place they have an edge would be in SA and possibly in NZ as we tend to do poorly there

Posted (edited)

Kohli missed the 3 tests in 2020-21 BGT, arguably the greatest triumph of Indian cricket. Equivalent of it will be Sachin missing 2001 BGT.

Scored total 30 runs in 2017 BGT series, toughest home assignment in our era of home dominance.

Pulled out of all 5 tests as soon as the Bazball team arrived on our shores. Blockbuster series. And yeah it was last minute withdrawal.

He has missed too many marquee series which doesn't help his case. What is his test legacy? Eng 2021 could have been a crowning moment for his captaincy but he ran away to play IPL with us 2-1 ahead. 

Dhoni's test legacy is a joke but at least he won us 3 ICC trophies. Meanwhile 2017 CT massacre in the final, '19 WC, '21 WTC F, '21 T20 WC, ending of streak against  poyzzz after giving them the biggest ICC final win in the history of cricket (marginwise, 180 runs). Kohli played Bhuvi over Shami in '17 and '19, Ashwin/Jadeja ahead of Umesh in '17.

Edited by Gollum