Countdown to Ishant Sharma being ranked number 1 bowler

I have given up on him for now . Needs stint away from team until we see some real improvement. Its sad, cos looking at him has all the raw materials to be good
I agree totally. I think he needs to bowl the overs for Delhi and work himself out. I don't think a player can ever work himself out when he is bowling to international batsmen - one is just trying to survive ball to ball.

I think one of main issues is his lack of movement. He simply does not get ball to swing in orthodox manner or reverse. He also gets no seam movement. Just up and down He needs to seriously work to get a stock ball which moves. may be needs work on wrist position and action to do this. Once he gets that in to memory muscle, can trust his action and stock ball and build up pace with trusted action. Needs dropping asap to work on this

I'm interested in knowing what you think the reason for his poor development has been. No agenda from me' date=' I just want to know what you think.[/quote'] Poor guidance and poor self thinking. Trying too many things without perfecting them in the nets. His bane has been his inclination to get that outswing going which lead to change in his action in 2009 and loss of good seam position. He did work on that in 2011 IPL and WI tour, but seam was still not upright which lead to his failure in England. He again started doing same things to get outswing going and his action is again allover the place. I do not understand why but whenever he bowls in IPL and in recent CT, his action was coming really good and only seam position was a problem, but in these two matches against Aus, his action again looks all over the place and his bowling hand is again not coming over his right shoulder but around, from side, to get that outswing which is leading to loss of pace and control as he falls to left side in that process. Everything wrong is technical with him.
I agree totally. I think he needs to bowl the overs for Delhi and work himself out. I don't think a player can ever work himself out when he is bowling to international batsmen - one is just trying to survive ball to ball.
Agree about this, but he had a break after WI tour and he should done that at that time.

Ishant can make a comeback but he shouldn't be in the team until he improves dramatically and out for a season at least, he can go to county, SA, or employ services of Ian Pont, he is way of the mark technically, physically, mentally, unless he finds himself and goes for broke he shouldn't be back.