The Vegetarians/Vegans of ICF

Cricketics

Veg here ..but I cook so much non veg for my two "maskattas":(( Hubby will eat anything cooked ...little one will eat even centipedes and frogs if I don't keep my eyes on her 24/7. She looks at pigs and runs after them saying...Pork...pork!!!
This reminds me.....My niece' date=' then a year old, had a habit of biting her stuffed toys. My sis never cared much about it until when she took a bite at her toy cow "moo". My sis reacted instantly yelling "Beef..Beef...No Annie, that's beef. Hindus don't eat that." My poor, confused niece learnt first lesson on Hinduism that day. :P[/quote'] :hysterical: Non-Vegetarian :proud:

Veg here ..but I cook so much non veg for my two "maskattas":(( Hubby will eat anything cooked ...little one will eat even centipedes and frogs if I don't keep my eyes on her 24/7. She looks at pigs and runs after them saying...Pork...pork!!!
:hysterical:

This is a genuine question and not an attempt to troll at vegetarians - recently some scientists were able to produce a burger from cells - obviously no animal torture. Will you eat that or at least try it out, ignoring its prohibitive cost currently?
Yes, will give it a try. I find the idea of slaughter disgusting and although I understand I'm still killing plants who feel some level of pain (not fear/love or other emotions), meat production still has a big environmental impact and is very inefficient as opposed to consuming plants directly.

Yes' date=' will give it a try. I find the idea of slaughter disgusting and although I understand I'm still killing plants who feel some level of pain (not fear/love or other emotions), meat production still has a big environmental impact and is very inefficient as opposed to consuming plants directly.[/quote'] What I find even more disgusting and inhuman is the idea of making Cows eat corn which is not easily processed but it "buffs" them up so they can easily be slaughtered. And it's very fast too

This is a genuine question and not an attempt to troll at vegetarians - recently some scientists were able to produce a burger from cells - obviously no animal torture. Will you eat that or at least try it out, ignoring its prohibitive cost currently?
The cells are grown in a nutrient medium containing fetal bovine serum. It is routine procedure in culturing mammalian cells. Devil meets details.

I have noticed that for mixed couples (one non-veg, other veg), the kids mostly will be non-veg. Also, in most such cases, the non-veg person is usually a guy, girls are more conservative about their vegetarianism. Also, most such girls are so amazing they actually wash and cook non-veg for their partners, something which some non-veg eaters are reluctant to do. Also, more and more of vegetarian youths are ready to try and take up non-veg so I assume the number of vegetarians are declining in India. According to wiki, only 31% of India are currently vegetarians with another 9% who only eat eggs. So 60% of the country are non-vegetarians. Though am assuming most of them would only be eating chicken and that too very occasionaly

I have noticed that for mixed couples (one non-veg, other veg), the kids mostly will be non-veg. Also, in most such cases, the non-veg person is usually a guy, girls are more conservative about their vegetarianism. Also, most such girls are so amazing they actually wash and cook non-veg for their partners, something which some non-veg eaters are reluctant to do. Also, more and more of vegetarian youths are ready to try and take up non-veg so I assume the number of vegetarians are declining in India. According to wiki, only 31% of India are currently vegetarians with another 9% who only eat eggs. So 60% of the country are non-vegetarians. Though am assuming most of them would only be eating chicken and that too very occasionaly
true...although I have seen cases where the guy is shudh veg and the girl is nonveg. My husband likes food in general so I used to make non veg occasionally or when we called people over .The frequency has increased considerably since my kid is very fond of non veg.Bache ke liye kuch bhi karega!!!She caused a few red faces in class on on some environment day or green day by saying ...animals are nice ...they are tasty...:omg_smile::embaressed_smile: I have to disguise veg stuff very deceitfully in every day meals.

Preference is a personal choice but the narcissism and moral superiority card played by some vegetarians is disgusting and downright pathetic. Here's an incident -

I was once denied to throw garbage in a "Municipal Corporation garbage bin" because, (wait for it) it was a wrapper from a Non-vegetarian outlet, and the Dairy nearby didn't want Non-vegetarian things in the bin. I am not even kidding about this. This was in Bangalore, I picked a burger from KFC and got in an auto for home, I ate the burger in the auto, and thought I'll throw the empty box (it didn't have bones, it was a burger) when I get down, so I held onto it. When I got down, I saw a bin installed on the roadside, I walked towards it and just when I was going to throw the box in it, the nearby Nandini Milk outlet guy, shouted, "eyyyyy kya karta tum? Non-veg khake idhar daalta", I replied that it was an empty box and didn't have bones in it, but he still denied, I didn't wanna get into an argument so I walked away with my trash and threw it when I reached home, in my non-veg dustbin.
http://www.reddit.com/r/india/comments/1k3v8a/this_gal_on_facebook_decides_to_teach_this/cblenae

Tuesday to Friday - Vegetarian. Not even eggs. Saturday to Monday - non vegetarian. No red meat. No broiler. Only desi birds, sea fish, river fish and desi chicken eggs.
In my home usually on saturdays and sundays we will take meat.. Rest r all veggie days .. My mother found a shortcut if we ask for eggs on weekdays.. She will prepare it outside our home (veranda) and we all eat it .. Take full bath and enter inside home :aha: Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

I hear about all these mentally uncrossable boundaries these vegetarians have made up and how silly it sounds to me and then think of all of my own lines in the sand and how i should be overcoming them and how silly some of my reasoning and justifications would have sounded to my friends. :haha::haha:

Not even bacon? :((
I rarely take bacon/pork. once in 2 months or something :--D A strict no to mutton/beef.
In my home usually on saturdays and sundays we will take meat.. Rest r all veggie days .. My mother found a shortcut if we ask for eggs on weekdays.. She will prepare it outside our home (veranda) and we all eat it .. Take full bath and enter inside home :aha: Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
same here :((