Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

Rajiv

35 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

GS is watchable, for great locations and Amitabh carried the movie completely. Great actor. It could have been funnier with a tighter script, made it look too dull.  At 78 . Still an active actor.

I think The Blue Umbrella is a much better film on a similar concept. I saw it again after watching GS and it holds up really well after so many years.

14 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

I think The Blue Umbrella is a much better film on a similar concept. I saw it again after watching GS and it holds up really well after so many years.

And pankaj kapur was far better then bachan. Bachan performance didnt work for me in GS. Looked uncomfertable, didnt add much to the character. Vijay raaz , shrishti shrivastva, brijendra kala and the lady who played begum were terrific and looked at ease.

32 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

And pankaj kapur was far better then bachan. Bachan performance didnt work for me in GS. Looked uncomfertable, didnt add much to the character. Vijay raaz , shrishti shrivastva, brijendra kala and the lady who played begum were terrific and looked at ease.

Yep. Plus Bharadwaj makes you feel Kapur's fascination with the umbrella in a way that Sarkar simply can't with Mirza's love for the Haveli. Even the relationship/conflict between Khatri and the little girl is much richer. Here the conflict between Mirza and Banke as well as his relationship with Begum come across as under-cooked. I think it's the failure of the writer more than anything else.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Yep. Plus Bharadwaj makes you feel Kapur's fascination with the umbrella in a way that Sarkar simply can't with Mirza's love for the Haveli. Even the relationship/conflict between Khatri and the little girl is much richer. Here the conflict between Mirza and Banke as well as his relationship with Begum come across as under-cooked. I think it's the failure of the writer more than anything else.

It was never shown Mirza liked the Haveli, showed him as a guy with greed, that’s all. 

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

It is watchable only for AB s portrayal, baaki ko play time ho nahin diya gaya

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

It was never shown Mirza liked the Haveli, showed him as a guy with greed, that’s all. 

Well his character literally spells out his "be inteha mohabbat" for the Haveli and how he didn't even have kids because he wanted the Haveli for himself.

22 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Onaayum Aattukkuttiyum - Myshkin - superb acting and script, but kinda pointless in the end. Liked the movie overall.

Thupparivaalan - Myshskin / Vishal. Tried to copy Sherlock Holmes, good in parts, didn’t like it. 
How is Super Deluxe? @Gollum/ @Ankit_sharma03

Super deluxe is awesome.

On 6/15/2020 at 11:45 PM, Jimmy Cliff said:

Well his character literally spells out his "be inteha mohabbat" for the Haveli and how he didn't even have kids because he wanted the Haveli for himself.

He was in it for greed, Begum loved the haveli truly, he was a greedy man, didn’t like to live there, but was only seeing it as a property meant for financing his life. He also dug up the land in search of gold. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47af450e8a6d9dc0103egiphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4789899ba23c5fb82b29

Saoirse Ronan & Florence Pugh were good. A  good film to see in these troubled times.

Streep was judgmental, hilarious and dropping wisdom on these kids. :lol:. She's still kicking ass

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e476c1579827c82252013

Edited by Stan AF

43 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

@Gollum

Shakuntala Devi, the film, to release on the 31st of this month on prime.

Have you seen the trailers? Opinion?

Think you generally enjoy this sub-genre.

No, I haven't seen the trailer. Might give it a watch if reviews are good. 

8 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Trust Bollywood to mess up a biopic. I didn't like Shyam Benegal's SCBose. I hope Vidya Balan underplays, she is usually OTT.

there are many reason we cant biopic right 

Great characters have flaws but we worship so many people on whom biopic are made. 

If a dhoni or sachin biopic is made they are shown as gods, all good characters are boring. 

If tomm ganguly biopc wud be made he ll be shown all good whereas his character is so intersting , it can be a hell of a biopic but no. Fans blind worshiping is a massive problem that film makers cant take such risk

Also there are very few director who understand the craft , so combine those 2 together and its an avg film at best 

5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

there are many reason we cant biopic right 

Great characters have flaws but we worship so many people on whom biopic are made. 

If a dhoni or sachin biopic is made they are shown as gods, all good characters are boring. 

If tomm ganguly biopc wud be made he ll be shown all good whereas his character is so intersting , it can be a hell of a biopic but no. Fans blind worshiping is a massive problem that film makers cant take such risk

Also there are very few director who understand the craft , so combine those 2 together and its an avg film at best 

Actually Azhar was one of the greatest opportunities to make a compelling biopic. I mean we had a Hollywood level story written by itself.

A guy from a humble middle class family from a minority community that too from not a cricketing power center  like Hyderabad  , lead India in 3 Wc’s a record that is unbroken till now, A unique batsman who was one of the most elegant players to watch in full flow, pre-fixing days was one of the most popular cricketers in India, caught for fixing and named as the king pin in a scandal that almost finished cricket, divorced first wife to marry a Bollywood actress, tenure coincided with the rise of Sachin etc 

I mean if Bollywood can muck that up, then one can only imagine Bollywood’s incompetence. Tu kuch kehta kyon nahi? :giggle: