Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

Rajiv

44 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

i saw it, quite decent actually. Could have been shorter n funnier but very decent attempt made enjoyable by brillant ensemble of actors

It's a 6/10 movie at best for me. In the same genre, I think Delhi Belly is better and 99 is in a different league altogether. 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

It's a 6/10 movie at best for me. In the same genre, I think Delhi Belly is better and 99 is in a different league altogether. 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

i saw it, quite decent actually. Could have been shorter n funnier but very decent attempt made enjoyable by brillant ensemble of actors

Given the content that is being dumped on us, it looked better than it should. Having said that one of the more enjoyable movies recently. Obviously calling it one of the funniest films every is pushing it. Good decent timepass movie to watch or play in the background when you are multi tasking.

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

Given the content that is being dumped on us, it looked better than it should. Having said that one of the more enjoyable movies recently. Obviously calling it one of the funniest films every is pushing it. Good decent timepass movie to watch or play in the background when you are multi tasking.

I won't disagree too much with that but my first reaction after watching Lootcase was I should have re-watched 99 instead :p:

26 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Yea we are yet to crack this comic caper genre but among many it was quite decent. 

Strangely 99 is one film im yet to see

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Yea we are yet to crack this comic caper genre but among many it was quite decent. 

Strangely 99 is one film im yet to see

99 is a hoot. A desi con caper doesn't get better than this. It's not on Amazon/Netflix but it's up on Youtube in good quality. All the references to 90s cricket are just a bonus :agree:.

On 8/10/2020 at 3:53 AM, Jimmy Cliff said:

99 is a hoot. A desi con caper doesn't get better than this. It's not on Amazon/Netflix but it's up on Youtube in good quality. All the references to 90s cricket are just a bonus :agree:.

saw it, pretty good again had same issue of pacing ..found it to slow 

Thats where guy richte scores over them in films like Snatch n lock stock two smoking barrels with sharp and stylish editing and terrific use of music 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

saw it, pretty good again had same issue of pacing ..found it to slow 

Thats where guy richte scores over them in films like Snatch n lock stock two smoking barrels with sharp and stylish editing and terrific use of music 

Gotta say I have never noticed any pacing issues with this one. I guess I just love the characters and the humour too much from this movie :p:.

On 8/9/2020 at 6:23 PM, Jimmy Cliff said:

Raj and DK :hs: 

Was a big fan of their work until I saw the first few episodes of Family Man

Recent movies I watched:

Client 9: Rise/Fall of Eliot Spitzer (7/10)
Enon: Smartest Guys in the Room (8.5)

Money for Nothing: Inside the Federal Reserve (7.5)
Arbitrage (3)
Boiler Room (5)
Freakonomics (7.5)
Inequality for all (8)
All the President's Men (10) compulsory watch, already in my top 10 of all time list
The Flaw (0)
Creed both movies (8 and 7.5)
VICE: Panic, Untold story of 2008 Financial Crisis (8.5)
The Informant! (3)
A Simple Favor (7) but if you have a crush on Blake Lively do watch it
Sonic the Hedgehog (6)
Green Room (8)
Assassination Nation (3)
Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpions Revenge (9) me an MK video game fan so may be biased
Crazy Rich Asians (6.5) meh but Constance Wu, Gemma Chan :love:
The Town (7.5)
Contagion (8.5)
Sicario (8)
China Hustle (6.5)
Savages (6) for Blake Lively fans
Charlie Wilson's War (7.5)
Sicario 2: Day of the Soldado (4)
State of Play (8.5)
Abacus Small Enough to Jail (4)
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri (7.5)
The Great Hack (7)

Edited by Gollum

My parents watched so many movies during this lockdown period First dad watches one movie in the afternoon and one late night, mom after dinner and grandma too isn't left behind. Dad especially has watched so many movies and TV shows the last 5 years, all started with Prison Break when he was bored whilst alone in another city. My mom is watching the MCU movies now :cantstop:, she is in Phase 2 right now, loves Captain America, Iron Man and hates Thor, Hulk. Even my grandma watched the first Iron Man but stopped cos she found it too loud, now she reads Indrajal Comics (Phantom, Mandrake, Flash Gordon, Buz Sawyer) and watches the various Attenborough shows during tea time, have 300 GB content of his (mostly Blu-ray 1080p) in my EHD, began collecting them since college days...Sir David is simply the best. Have around 16 TB of content across 11 EHDs, bas dekhne ke liye time nahi hai, chalo at least family finds time to enjoy. 

Edited by Gollum

5 hours ago, Gollum said:

My parents watched so many movies during this lockdown period First dad watches one movie in the afternoon and one late night, mom after dinner and grandma too isn't left behind. Dad especially has watched so many movies and TV shows the last 5 years, all started with Prison Break when he was bored whilst alone in another city. My mom is watching the MCU movies now :cantstop:, she is in Phase 2 right now, loves Captain America, Iron Man and hates Thor, Hulk. Even my grandma watched the first Iron Man but stopped cos she found it too loud, now she reads Indrajal Comics (Phantom, Mandrake, Flash Gordon, Buz Sawyer) and watches the various Attenborough shows during tea time, have 300 GB content of his (mostly Blu-ray 1080p) in my EHD, began collecting them since college days...Sir David is simply the best. Have around 16 TB of content across 11 EHDs, bas dekhne ke liye time nahi hai, chalo at least family finds time to enjoy. 

how old are your parents?

On 8/12/2020 at 9:05 PM, Gollum said:

Karan Johar production with nepo product. Bollywood go to hell. 

To be very fair here this can't be blamed on Bollywood.

In regular times, we have this entity (which many love to hate) called as the Censor Board.

Typically when a movie or a series is released on the Air Force/Army etc it is also screened to their liaison officer. And generally the recommendations are factored in.

There is no such 'check' when content is released on Netflix. So this is primarily a Netflix issue more than a Bollywood one.

I haven't watched this, but if this really as bad as it is made out to be, and it were a regular movie with a theatrical release, it would face brick bats at the censor meeting.

What a sorry mess , this has been. The movie makers do it without CBFC or ISF approval are peddling lies. IAF should handle communication well, clarify if it is Gunjan or Srividya, but does it matter who is first? Both are to be commended for their services, not to have a cat fight out in public. I don’t how the movie revenue works for Netflix, I hope it is based on per-streaming request. If so, more will be discouraged to see this movie and cause losses to the makers - Karan Johar and his star kids 

Edited by coffee_rules

30 minutes ago, WC2011INDIA said:

Recommend some action, spy, sci-fi movies of Bollywood and Hollywood that are not well known, but deserve a Dekho.

Bollywood is ****, even Tamil/Malayalam movies are better.

'Not well known' is subjective but in case you have missed out watching these feel free to check them out:

The Lives of Others (German spy movie)

Bridge of Spies

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

Zero Dark Thirty

Looper

Minority Report

Edge of Tomorrow

Collateral

Sicario

The Martian 

I have better recos in genres like crime thriller, political conspiracy, journalism related ones etc.