Should Ravindra Jadeja be tried in Test cricket at Home

5 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Wanted to bump this thread for a long time just couldnt find it lol , FInally .

Jadeja is now the no.2 bowler in test cricket.Yet most just laughed off at the mere suggestion.

Sir Jadeja has proved every one in some style :hatsoff:

To be fair, a lot changes with a player from 2011 to 2016.  Based on what people knew in 2011, they said No, but in the past few years, he has developed more.

Maybe your poll should've had an additional response "Yes, if he improves significantly."

On 10/24/2011 at 0:44 AM, maniac said:

To be fair to Jaddu,I always beleived he has a good technique as a batsman....He looks like someone who when settles down can play a decent innings and his bowling has always been decent and fielding top notch. Technically he is a better batsman than Bhajji(who in recent times has become more of an allrounder),Yusuf Pathan,Irfan Pathan and even MSD.I am sure Jaddu will do better than even Dhoni in swinging and seaming conditions with the bat.

lol

Still not a bowler we could play abroad.

Sadly, like Ashwin, we have two spinners who are capable of scoring some handy runs. But their bowling outside of Asia is very questionable

Jadeja is K outside Asia (7 fer in Durban) and Ashwin has improved significantly in last 2-3 overs .No doubt Ashwin will be a much better bowler during our next overseas leg.

But ultimately it's url the seamers to win us test matches away from Asia

Kohli played with me in my school in Salwan school.

His school used to play games at our ground regularly since our ground's pitch was managed by Kotla curator and they used to invite all top under 13 kids to play in the school. Nehra, Chopra, Robin Singh, Mongia, Saba Karim also used to come regularly through our coach Bantu Singh who also was Delhi Ranji player. There were only two popular batsmen under 15 that time - Kohli and Raman Sachdeva. Raman faded away since his family had lot of problems and he took over the family business while Kohli continued. 

I left India after that. Years later I heard about him in 2006 again that he was about to be picked in India u19. The moment I heard, I knew he is going to play for India soon and also will captain one day. Check that thread from 2007 when I shared for the first time about him. 

That is how you predict greatness. It is contagious. You just see it around some. 

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Becomes null and void as Jadeja plays for CSK :laugh1:

Just like @Cricketics talent scouting of a young Kohli as due to the "d" and "p" factor :giggle:

For any questions refer to the prospectus in my siggy :proud:

On 10/24/2011 at 11:14 AM, maniac said:

To be fair to Jaddu,I always beleived he has a good technique as a batsman....He looks like someone who when settles down can play a decent innings and his bowling has always been decent and fielding top notch. Technically he is a better batsman than Bhajji(who in recent times has become more of an allrounder),Yusuf Pathan,Irfan Pathan and even MSD.I am sure Jaddu will do better than even Dhoni in swinging and seaming conditions with the bat.

quoted for cricketing acumen :hail: