Umesh Yadav - As brainless as ever

34 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

yet another proven failure leaking 6 an over in one day cricket...yet doesn't get as much criticism as an ATG like Dhoni  from our experts

here in this proven.

6 an over in this day and age is pretty good especially since he created chances early on a d got the main wicket of buttler. Now I'm not saying he should be in the playing 11, but he's a reserve. And Umesh while batting showed more intent than dhoni did the whole match. Dhoni gets criticizied because he was busy tuk tuking and not even trying to win the match. 

21 hours ago, Laaloo said:

6 an over in this day and age is pretty good especially since he created chances early on a d got the main wicket of buttler. Now I'm not saying he should be in the playing 11, but he's a reserve. And Umesh while batting showed more intent than dhoni did the whole match. Dhoni gets criticizied because he was busy tuk tuking and not even trying to win the match. 

keep in mind even in these days there are several bowlers who goes only around 5 an over.And as if there are no potential bowlers in domestics  this below average has been playing for almost 7 years now.What prevented the selectors in testing other promising youngsters in dead rubbers, against lower ranked teams etc etc? Who knows as to whether another Bumrah like  bowler wouldn't have come out or not in the process??  

5 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

keep in mind even in these days there are several bowlers who goes only around 5 an over.And as if there are no potential bowlers in domestics  this below average has been playing for almost 7 years now.What prevented the selectors in testing other promising youngsters in dead rubbers, against lower ranked teams etc etc? Who knows as to whether another Bumrah like  bowler wouldn't have come out or not in the process??  

Our worst t20 cricketer dhoni has played the most games for us in t20s!!! Tells you all you need to know about these selectors.

22 hours ago, Laaloo said:

also he got jason roy to edge in 1st over, which was dropped by dhoni.

Umesh yadav again is proving that he is still no good and is not even a short term prospect. I have not seen any evolving from him. At least Ishant with experience has become a workhorse who is economical and will do dirty work of completing overs.

You cannot be bowling a boundary ball every over and still be called as international bowler.

4 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Umesh yadav again is proving that he is still no good and is not even a short term prospect. I have not seen any evolving from him. At least Ishant with experience has become a workhorse who is economical and will do dirty work of completing overs.

You cannot be bowling a boundary ball every over and still be called as international bowler.

Ishant is a workhorse in tests. When has be shown the ability to be economical in Odis on flat pitches?

Just now, Laaloo said:

Ishant is a workhorse in tests. When has be shown the ability to be economical in Odis on flat pitches?

Yes I was talking about tests, Umesh leaks runs in tests too.

Do you feel confident with Umesh in tests. I was his biggest fan with his natural ability and action he should have been leader of this attack by now.He has everything a fast bowler needs and he has captain who backs him too and still he is found wanting.

Just now, putrevus said:

Yes I was talking about tests, Umesh leaks runs in tests too.

Do you feel confident with Umesh in tests. I was his biggest fan with his natural ability and action he should have been leader of this attack by now.He has everything a fast bowler needs and he has captain who backs him too and still he is found wanting.

Yes I do feel confident with Umesh and he has turned a corner. He's been creating a lot of changes in the initial overs and he even got buttler out. Wickets have become crucial in LOIs and thats the only way you can restrict the opposition to a gettable total. Umesh does have a knack of picking crucial wickets. Look I'm not saying he should be in the playing xi, but I have no issues with him as the backup. Kaul on the other hand, I have issues with.

2 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Yes I do feel confident with Umesh and he has turned a corner. He's been creating a lot of changes in the initial overs and he even got buttler out. Wickets have become crucial in LOIs and thats the only way you can restrict the opposition to a gettable total. Umesh does have a knack of picking crucial wickets. Look I'm not saying he should be in the playing xi, but I have no issues with him as the backup. Kaul on the other hand, I have issues with.

Kaul and other trundlers are no good. Trundlers will not work period, I am not that big fan of Bhuvi either in odis, he will fail in critical situations as he cannot impose himself it is not his fault he simply is not capable.

All the matches on this tour so far new ball has been easiest period for them.They are getting to blazing starts and that is enabling them to post a competitive totals even after middle overs wobbles.

I feel they need to look past Umesh, if he was good he would have become that by now.

BTW I rather give chances to bowlers with pace and wicket taking ability from now to world cup to establish themselves. But selectors have no guts.

As a bowler Umesh Yadav has been playing far too long but not giving results given the experience he has. Similar to Ishant Sharma. Just going through experience and not actually giving results expected from senior bowlers. Not saying that other speedsters which we have in abundance are gonna be world beaters, but at some point of time one has to conclude enough is enough and try youths over seniors who are not up to mark. Same old recycling story. Such players will give one or two good series and then screw for lots of series in next year. We are ranked No. 2 in ODI. Can such a highly ranked team afford normal performers ? The benchmark for selection has to be higher and weight age has to be given to  consistenncy than one or two good series in a year.

England are No 1 in ODI ranking and apart from Kuldeep they are playing others very easily. A series where a pacer was expected to be leader of our  bowling attack, a spinner is leading the bowling attack with hardly any support from others . 

On 3/28/2017 at 2:24 PM, Mosher said:

Kohli too deserves some credit for Umesh's improvement. 

"Obviously, you can't compare them to Zak [Zaheer] yet because Zak had done it for a longer period of time. But from 2014 to now, Umesh Yadav, the only thing that has changed in him is his mindset. He was always a very fit guy, he probably used to bowl even quicker than he is now, but he has understood his game, become smarter.

"He used to bowl 145kph regularly, now he is touching 140kph at odd times but he is very smart with what he wants to bowl in spells. That has been a really, really big difference in his game. Obviously when you give guys confidence, saying, you are my strike bowler, they respond in that way. Then they are not thinking about getting hit for runs or anything of that sort. It is give and take, it takes a combination of a lot of things, but 80% of the credit is Umesh's for the way he has gone out there and executed it. You can take in all the advice but you have to go out there and do it eventually. Credit to him, the way he has taken his game to the next level. I am really happy for him."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-australia-2016-17/content/story/1088977.html

Bak bak bak bak bak :giggle: phastttttt