Vijay Appreciation thread.

Haterz. 1, If its an easy pitch why was it difficult for others to make a ton. 2, If he cant play swing how did he survive the whole day.
Anyone who said it was all easy must be out of their mind. They bowled a probing spell post lunch with ball reversing. Even one foot wrong he would have been gone. He showed impeccable judgement around the off stump. He didn't get carried away with his 50.
Anyone who said it was all easy must be out of their mind. They bowled a probing spell post lunch with ball reversing. Even one foot wrong he would have been gone. He showed impeccable judgement around the off stump. He didn't get carried away with his 50.
yeah but there are some beautiful opinions around..some numb nut is complaining, Vijay is blocking even after scoring a century so is not good enough, lol..:cantstop: if he did not save our **** we would be looking at 250 all out.
yeah but there are some beautiful opinions around..some numb nut is complaining' date=' Vijay is blocking even after scoring a century so is not good enough, lol..:cantstop: if he did not save our **** we would be looking at 250 all out.[/quote'] Too much T20 cricket for lot of fans. They dont understand Test cricket. Vijay batted like a good old fashioned opener.
i had seen many people in my office giving opinion about the pitch after checking the scorecard in cricinfo :giggle:

Superb innings and great application. Reminded me of the Dravid days. Not much talent with the guy but the hard work and application always shows. Had always believed that this guy will come good. Thank God the selectors backed him for this long. I hope to see atleast 2 more 100s from him in this series.

Superb innings and great application. Reminded me of the Dravid days. Not much talent with the guy but the hard work and application always shows. Had always believed that this guy will come good. Thank God the selectors backed him for this long. I hope to see atleast 2 more 100s from him in this series.
Because of the way he left the ball particularly...if he can do this a few time in this series..then he will surely get either Anderson or Broad injured because of the work load..

The way he left balls was great to see. Its something Indian batting has missed since the seniors were past it. Kohli, ChePu and Rahane have to learn in this aspect, they sometimes play/defend a lot of balls outside off which can be easily left.. Kohli's dismissal was just :facepalm: A nothing ball short outside off and he chased it

The way he left balls was great to see. Its something Indian batting has missed since the seniors were past it. Kohli, ChePu and Rahane have to learn in this aspect, they sometimes play/defend a lot of balls outside off which can be easily left.. Kohli's dismissal was just :facepalm: A nothing ball short outside off and he chased it
Kohli was a soft dismissal,Rahane could not be faulted it was a freak dismissal and a fair play from England, Dhawan it was Anderson bound to happen..he has to find a way to get past it atleast a few times in this series, Pujara was a brilliant play from England
Because of the way he left the ball particularly...if he can do this a few time in this series..then he will surely get either Anderson or Broad injured because of the work load..
Yup ... I was really loving the way him and Pujara were playing. Pujara just didn't realize the reverse swing so early and fell for the trap set up. I was hoping for a 200+ partnership between them.
i fear kohli has been ruined by the ipl,we will see in this series.
He had his best season in IPL last year. Since then' date=' he's scored 2 100s and a 50 in SA and NZ.[/quote'] Yup and apart from being a beast in ODI's also hit a purple patch in T20I....proves to show IPL has nothing to do with anything,A good batsman or someone in purple patch will adapt regardless.....The IPL theory has been debunked many times.

This is the appropriate thread to share Outside subcontinent who has remained notout on day 1 of the test after 90 overs Shastri 135 not out after day 1 - 1990 against England M Vijay 122 not out after day 1 - 2014 against England Sunil Gavaskar 102 not out on day 1 on his debut series.. 1970 against West Indies Murali Vijay 91 not out after day 1 - 2014 durban There are few not outs like 30, 40.. those were rain curtaiiled. Only Vijay has done it twice in Indian history outside subcontinent.

He has looked determined for test since his come back against Aus. He has limited shots' date=' limited ability, so he needed to show more application which he is doing since then.[/quote'] Limited shots? No way. He can flick, cut, pull, drive, square drive ., lofted drive, sweep shot on drive. Parthiv patel is the example of having limited shots. Not Vijay. His execution is very simple. All in straight line with upright stance. So it might not look like he has wide range of shots.
Limited shots? No way. He can flick' date=' cut, pull, drive, square drive ., lofted drive, sweep shot on drive. Parthiv patel is the example of having limited shots. Not Vijay. His execution is very simple. All in straight line with upright stance. So it might not look like he has wide range of shots.[/quote'] His batting stance will make him suspect on seaming pitches