Nidhi Razdan being ripped apart by British MP Barry Gardiner

arun81

Why do most Indian news anchors ask questions that are 5-6 sentences long? It would appear they like hearing themselves speak and the poshness is what they like to see conveyed rather than anything else. Arnab and Burkha are prime culprits.

Now, Australia invites Modi

Australian High Commissioner to India Patrick Suckling met Modi in Gandhinagar and invited him to visit Australia, a statement from the Gujarat government said. "India has been on the top in Australia's foreign policy owing to smooth relations and parallels between both the countries. Developing relations with Gujarat has been on the top priority since last 10 years," Suckling told Modi.
Time for Nidhi to invite Mr Suckling for an interview.

[url=http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/Ahmedabad/Now-Australia-invites-Modi/Article1-1108854.aspx]Now' date=' Australia invites Modi[/url'] Time for Nidhi to invite Mr Suckling for an interview.
A three way *discussion* which includes an American diplomat would be pertinent. By discussion I mean schooling the Australian on how their/our master, the Americans are denying him the visa and the Australians are not following suit.

http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/the-buck-stops-here/no-us-visa-setback-for-narendra-modi/287298?video-mostpopular Please watch the above video from NDTV where the anchor is following a line of questioning which can easily be interpreted as advocating a visa for Modi, in the same vein many here were interpreting Razdan's line of questioning as to advocating against it.

http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/the-buck-stops-here/no-us-visa-setback-for-narendra-modi/287298?video-mostpopular Please watch the above video from NDTV where the anchor is following a line of questioning which can easily be interpreted as advocating a visa for Modi, in the same vein many here were interpreting Razdan's line of questioning as to advocating against it.
Which again is not correct.

interesting that NDTV has an interview with a person who is vice chair of the United States Commission on International Religious Freedom,(whats that.. never heard of it) but not a lawmaker.. her wiki page tells that she unsuccessfully contested for US senate.. Is that the official position of the US govt? ps: will comment on the line of questioning later, when I watch the video in full

Which again is not correct.
Will people now also claim that NDTV is paid media? This would effectively mean that BJP indulges in paid news too (which there is no doubt about). Every time there's a news article/video against Modi it is paid media, Congress goon etc etc. This shows that rather than draw conclusions on the position taken by the news channel it is best to argue with facts. PS - I expect to hear a claim by ICF Nobel Laureates on how NDTV slips in a good word about Modi to maintain a neutral veil. :giggle:

Will people now also claim that NDTV is paid media? This would effectively mean that BJP indulges in paid news too (which there is no doubt about). Every time there's a news article/video against Modi it is paid media, Congress goon etc etc. This shows that rather than draw conclusions on the position taken by the news channel it is best to argue with facts. PS - I expect to hear a claim by ICF Nobel Laureates on how NDTV slips in a good word about Modi to maintain a neutral veil. :giggle:
yeah, they are biased as f***, very obviously so. Yet they can claim to be neutral. I got no problems with that, as they are part of the independent media. I have problems with the anti-national, shameless and desperate stuff that they indulge in from time to time, like the topic discussed in this thread.

two words - radia tapes also check this ICF Link on NDTV

I know about the Radia tapes but to dismiss every news as Congress mouth piece is too naive. Some news are reported verbatim on other news channels like CNN-IBN etc.
Absolutely, you cant dismiss everything. But I do believe one has to be naive to not notice the biased narrative which NDTV has. I think most news channels have a bias or some leaning. But NDTV is congressi channel by and large. NDTV Hindi is still much better.

Well talking about Hindi News Channel, I think Zee News and India Tv are biased towards BJP. I agree with DM that we cannot dismiss every news as Congress mouthpiece, infact its good that few of the news channels are inclined towards the GOI (not a party but towards Government) it somehow brings down a negativity in common public. Showing positive news and praising as well as criticizing government should be balanced.