Ishwar Pandey Thread

lets wait for the second test. If he puts in another good effort then fair enough. Pick him for SA. Knowing Dhoni its most likely going to be Ishant Bhuvi and Umesh. I still have my doubts about this guy.
Feel it should be a straight faceoff between Ishant & Ishwar in the practise matches in the test tour
lets wait for the second test. If he puts in another good effort then fair enough. Pick him for SA. Knowing Dhoni its most likely going to be Ishant Bhuvi and Umesh. I still have my doubts about this guy.
Ishant has not been any better. Ishant lacks basics right now. He has better basics, good seam, swing, bounce enough pace to trouble batsmen on those pitches. On those pitches more than pace, you need bowlers who can consistently hit right areas because pitch will do the rest for you.

Ishwar Pandey is not a medium pacer, he is f/m and can bowl in 133 to 143 range and is accurate also gets good bounce . Moves the ball of the seam and uses the angles pretty well, to me he has the makings of a good test bowler, selectors should look at Pankaj, Shami, Ishwar, Suyal as test prospects and not rely on Ishant, PK, VK.

I read some where that this guy ws slower than sreesanth Shammi and ws a shade faster than PK.....was a more of BK speed guy minus BK"s pacy balls as BK touches 139K too and is A swing Guru..... Is he competeing with fast bowlers or Swing Guru"s Some say he is under 133K bowler that also between 123 to 133 I play 120 to 125K bowlers at Cross maindan"s last Pitch....- International batsman will MURDER him.....unless he has great swing... International batsman of All teams are Fed on genuine pace now a days Exceptionally Talented bowlers only Suceed..... Zak is now an under 135K bowler though with exceptional control n capability...he is still not suceeding much in recent time since he has become a 125 to 135K bowler..... If he is Fit he will be picked ahead of Pandey saab..... InternationAl cricket- u need Exceptional Talent and Skills.....Best 5 fast bowlers of india and best e to 3 spinners will fly to Africa..... Just see Aswin Amit mishra and even Jaddu are Masters of their Art now.... They will Kill africa if india gets a track which has minor turn..... Even on tracks not offering any spinning assistance I expect these Masters of their Art to Suceed BK PK are Swing guru"s PK bcomes ineffective with Old ball and BK is kinda Similiar but with New ball they are like a Tank..... Targetting an enemy srmy. Does This Guy Swing BIG Outswing or Inswing

As career gathers pace, Ishwar Pandey looks to add some to bowling too

He might have emerged as the most succesful bowler from India A's South African tour, but Ishwar Pandey has returned with eyes as wide as saucers at the phenomenal difference in challenges posed to bowlers at the domestic and international levels after his first trip abroad. For starters, having returned from the land of tearaway quicks, Pandey would've definiltely felt a tad incomplete without the express pace that is common to opening bowlers. He loops it down the track at an efficient 130 kph, but is eyeing a more effective 135 kph. The most striking revelation hence was just how much pace he needed to gain, while improving his fitness which is an an asset in the long run. "I realised here that I need to increase my pace. I can bowl long spells, but after bowling against the South Africans and Australians, I now know where I stand. Though it has been a successful tour for me there are still many blank columns needing to be filled," Pandey told The Indian Express. As the tour wound to an end, Pandey couldn't stop himself from furiously jotting down lessons he'd learnt, and adjustments he needed to effect in the coming months if he needed to follow up on this fruitful outing. The trip was an eye-opener for him and it made him realise that he had to cross a vast bridge from domestic cricket to the competitive international team. In a star-studded India A side, Pandey finished as a find of the 'A' tour, grabbing 11 wickets in two four-day games against South Africa 'A' and five scalps in two one-dayers. However, the soft spoken Madhya Pradesh boy admitts he needs to work on a few more things. Being the highest wicket-taker from last year's Ranji Trophy had brought Pandey into the limelight. He represents a large state, Madhya Pradesh, albeit one that has produced only a handful of Indian cricketers. Rewa is probably not known to many across India but with Pandey's inclusion in the A side, the small town is building hopes of celebrating their own star soon. Pandey doesn't believe in thinking too far ahead but says back home there is a positive buzz after he travelled to South Africa. For a 24-year-old, who first touched the leather ball when in Class 12, it has been a long leap. He talks about the vast cracks many cricketers fall into while traversing the path between domestic and international. He stress often on 'kuch alag' (something different) in his bowling. "In domestic cricket I usually get wickets in my first five overs but here I had to try hard. In domestic games even loose balls sometimes gave me wickets but here the moment I offered some width, the whole over figures were spoilt," he explains. Words of praise followed after his performances but for Pandey it was a learning expereince. A strong India A team had almost all members of the current side and even though he didn't play the first few one dayers, he was hopeful things would look up once he got a chance to swing his arms. South African conditions aided him generally as they help pacers. "It was South Africa and that could be the one reason I did well but things will be different in other places. The more I play, the more I will learn. I still need to work on my accuracy and line. There is room for improvement everyday. Most of the players I spoke to here said I don't need to think too much. After all it's just a game," Pandey explains. Suresh Raina had advised Pandey to enjoy his game, since not too many get such an opportunity in their life. His bags are packed and many back home are waiting for his arrival. Small-time Rewa awaits the arrival of its pacer with the big bag of wickets.
http://www.indianexpress.com/news/as-career-gathers-pace-pandey-looks-to-add-some-to-bowling-too/1161592/