Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

11 hours ago, Mosher said:

Random videos popping up on YouTube that Umran bowled 163.7 in the nets. Clickbait or truth?

given iffy speed gun readings, it is possible that the reporting is "accurate" but the reading itself may not be so

8 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

DHYAAN SE DEKH 163.7 WALA PHOTOSHOP HAI, so evident 

I dont know tbh. But he did touch 157 at 22 which is insane. He is strongly built. I would like to see it happen in the s.africa series. Then maybe I will be convinced. I am sure he can hit 159 160. But not 163 yet.

8 hours ago, MCcricket said:

Looks legit, requires common sense to figure out. Who is the Delhi left armer who was bowling briskly in the nets, anyone knows

Probably one of Kuldip Yadav, Khejroliya or Rohit Shyokand

Edited by rkt.india
7 hours ago, Jay said:

I dont know tbh. But he did touch 157 at 22 which is insane. He is strongly built. I would like to see it happen in the s.africa series. Then maybe I will be convinced. I am sure he can hit 159 160. But not 163 yet.

yes he did and he can hit 160+ but atleast lets have a proper evidence of it 

Shastri's preferred 11 for today features Bhuvi, Harshal and one among Arshdeep and Umran. Umran seemed liked an afterthought. 

Basically he is happy if an all trundler attack is fielded too. No wonder we did poorly in white ball cricket under him.

He is happy with no wicket taking bowlers upfront as well as a full-trundler attack.

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, Jay said:

Kuldio yadav trundled in IPL no? 

Standards have increased alot. The bar is way too high now. Indian bowlers need 140-150 on average now. 

Can't asses anything based on one match. I think it was Rohit Shyokand, not Yadav bowling in the Indian nets.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Irrelevant post but do you guys think Matthew potts from England has a similar action to mohammed shami except he has no real talent and lacks the killer bouncer and seam position which shami has. 

@express bowling @rkt.india @Suhaan

He is as average as they come, at best James kirtley level bowler, kirtley could land some great Yorkers thou. England county cricket is odd, anyone who has one good season with the ball gets a look in regardless of his actual ability in different conditions and situations, potts is woakes level, oily stone, archer, wood and Robinson is their best attack

19 minutes ago, Mesky99 said:

He is as average as they come, at best James kirtley level bowler, kirtley could land some great Yorkers thou. England county cricket is odd, anyone who has one good season with the ball gets a look in regardless of his actual ability in different conditions and situations, potts is woakes level, oily stone, archer, wood and Robinson is their best attack

Agreed. Ollie robbinson is quality. Woof is good. Stone is good too. Archer is finished in tests though. 

Just as I said, a 140 kph gun barrel straight bowler is the easiest bowler to hit and we have plenty of those, better to go with 135 kph bowlers than to bother with these pacers. 

Avesh

Arshdeep 

Khaleel 

All 3 of them are mediocre. 

We should invest on Karthik Tyagi, Umran Malik and Prasidh to some extent.