Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I quoted from the BCCI website and provided the link.

This was just the 2nd innings ( just a few overs )

These are the first innings speeds I posted earlier in this thread 

1st test 1st innings against SL

Shami --  Fastest  145 k   Average  136 k    ( despite dehydration and cramps  )

Umesh -- Fastest  141 k   Average  135 k    ( bowling much slower in the last 4 months.  Why  ? )

Bhuvi -- Fastest  139 k   Average  133 k

http://www.bcci.tv/india-v-sri-lanka-2017/match/01

yeah saw that, on TV Shami delivered a 89.6 mph delivery to chandimal..good one.. guess its just the speed gun variants. Bcci is being conservative.

11 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

@Ankit_sharma03 Do you rate Tuskin Ahmad as a bowler?

i dont say he chucks in all balls but he chucks at least in 2 to 3 balls of his over.

i played a chucker ..i just defended as i just could not manage,,my coalegue batsman got out like ninpins.

Chucker controls the line n length of the ball like anything as he kinda aims and throws at a particular point on the pitch and with great pace. it is too dangerous to play cross bat and one has to play very straight else batsman will get bowled.

there are many Half chuckers playing in corporate teams and clubs in Mumbai and I hate that. as they are not regular bowlers they chuck a few balls and umpires dont notice them..its very BAD. I score 30's and 50's consistently and these guys are contenders to get me out after the first 4 overs are negated by me, i hit spinners very well and some of these so called spinners chuck after getting Hit for a Six or 4.

if you guys Pardon me then i would tell you that Praveen kumar also some times bowled 135k to 138k balls , some of those were CHUCK balls. his normal pace was 120 to 132k and never crossed 132k with legal round arm action balls but some times he had the capability to suddenly chuck and go upto 136-137k , most of his fastish balls were chuck..if you think that i am saying wrong , please try to see his video's. he could swing the ball to immensely and thats why he played for india..he did chuck once a while not always.

only when he got irritated nd did not get wickets , he chucked for one ball or so.

8 hours ago, ShebbySB said:

That's good.Ishant bowled better than Yadav I'm assuming then as he picked 3 wickets.

Ishant bowled a few 145, he was on rythm. Yadav bowled fast 138-142 but did not make batmen play him often, little too wide. but had some very good deliveries to lefthanders that did not fetch a wicket. Ishant got lucky atleast with one wicket, batsman chasing a wide delivery, but he was quick.

8 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Watched a bit of Ashes today and saw Starc and Cummins bowling around 134-139 max. Could be around same pace as our bowlers at times but definitely not faster than our bowlers.

Diff is they can crank it up to 150 152 in a spell when they need. While our guys hit 148 its marginal but our guys dont hit 95 miles as often as they do