Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

16 minutes ago, Vilander said:

dude why are you quoting t20 games in test ?

Bowling 4 overs is not same as bowling 30 overs. this is the problem with pakistani folks, they always seem to take the short cut.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/match/3620#hawk-eye_bowl-speeds

Wahab alone has clocked 150 kph more times in test matches than all indian bowlers combined in pretty much all venuea.

Anyways bowling 4 overs might not be the same but no other quartet around apart from the Aussie boys can clock those speeds .

India with its improved pace attack ?? Still no chance.

17 minutes ago, express bowling said:

As I said, Pakistanis try to bowl quick only in the shortest format these days....   ( a format where variations are more important than speed  ).  That should worry Pakistani fans.

Are you seriously not worried that near-retirement Wahab is the only Pakistani bowling quick in test matches in the last few years  ?

No it does not worry pakistan fans because pakistan is a pretty sucessful t20 side mainly due to the bowling .

Alao im not really worried about the pace attack becauae i follow pakistan cricket and i know that there is plenty of pace bowling talent around.

Edited by the don
14 minutes ago, the don said:

https://www.icc-cricket.com/match/3620#hawk-eye_bowl-speeds

Wahab alone has clocked 150 kph more times in test matches than all indian bowlers combined in pretty much all venuea.

Anyways bowling 4 overs might not be the same but no other quartet around apart from the Aussie boys can clock those speeds .

India with its improved pace attack ?? Still no chance.

ok its a test match, thats good speed from Wahab agreed. Shami/Umesh have done this on few occasions. But Wahab had hit a peak speed of 152, Shami hit 151. Both Umesh and Shami have been faster on average though through few innings > 142k average. Hitting 150 is good, but sustaining peak speeds well into the end of the session is an other attribute i like.

Besides Wahab i dont see any one in pak setup who can hit high speeds ( spray gun or otherwise), Indians have several guys, even u19 guys hit 146 in ODI's.

40 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Shaheen Shah Afridi is very impressive. It's not just the pace but with a bit of streamlining of his action and delivery stride and release he could become a top class bowler. Not sure about Musa and Arshad. 

Arshad can clock with 140 kph with ease if he adjusts his run up. It’s lackjng rhythm and any sort of momentum.