Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

Umesh basically demonstrated what his potential is if he is consistently accurate.

All the four Indian fast bowlers must constantly chant the mantra ....good length and around the off stump ... while bowling or practicing.

They should use the bouncer as a shock ball, bowl it with effort, get it high and direct it well.

Nothing else...

If they do this our pace bowling unit has the potential to be very good...even overseas...because the pace and movement are there.

Hit top of off that is the mantra.

Hit top of off that is the mantra.

Yes yadav bowled well but was helped by overly defensive Sa.Yadav needs to be told to just bowl out swinger and forget ins wingers as that has been problem in a over he bowls 3-4 good bowls and ball misses the edge he goes for in swinger and concedes a boundary.If he just shows some patience and continues outside off he will be a much better bowler like he did yesterday .He has ability to bowl both inswing and outswing at pace so he has choose his deliveries well.Inswinger should be surprise .

Umesh has repeatedly hit De Villiers on his fingers, knocking the bat out of his hands twice. Been unlucky not to get his wicket (and where the phuck was the short leg btw?) He's undoubtedly been the most dangerous bowler to face in this test.

will Dhoni rate umesh higher now and play him ahead of Trundlers in odi.

Umesh's interview to BCCI TV

http://www.bcci.tv/news/2015/features-and-interviews/12198/umesh-yadavs-carpe-diem-moment

Some excerpts ---

It is an incredible state of being, in which a person discovers his true potential.

I ran hard and bowled as fast as I could. I got that wicket and the effort paid off.”

Umesh’s job wasn’t done yet. What followed was another three overs of pace, swing, some scorching full deliveries and a few rising ones – all of that on a pitch as moribund as a planet outside the goldilocks zone.

" We had a word in the dressing room during the tea break that it won’t be a bad idea to bowl with a slingy action, because it would help me swing the ball more,” Umesh revealed. “I tried it and it worked – I got the ball to reverse more than usual because of that action. Also, since it was swinging late, the batsmen were confused whether it would come in or go away.”

“Throughout my Test career, I have played a match here or a couple there; never really had a few games at the stretch. But after this spell, my confidence has gone really high. 

:two_thumbs_up:

Clearly shows what motivation and confidence can do to a fast bowler.

Edited by express bowling

Umesh's interview to BCCI TV

http://www.bcci.tv/news/2015/features-and-interviews/12198/umesh-yadavs-carpe-diem-moment

Some excerpts ---

It is an incredible state of being, in which a person discovers his true potential.

I ran hard and bowled as fast as I could. I got that wicket and the effort paid off.”

Umesh’s job wasn’t done yet. What followed was another three overs of pace, swing, some scorching full deliveries and a few rising ones – all of that on a pitch as moribund as a planet outside the goldilocks zone.

" We had a word in the dressing room during the tea break that it won’t be a bad idea to bowl with a slingy action, because it would help me swing the ball more,” Umesh revealed. “I tried it and it worked – I got the ball to reverse more than usual because of that action. Also, since it was swinging late, the batsmen were confused whether it would come in or go away.”

“Throughout my Test career, I have played a match here or a couple there; never really had a few games at the stretch. But after this spell, my confidence has gone really high. 

:two_thumbs_up:

Clearly shows what motivation and confidence can do to a fast bowler.

Also shows how important a captain's role is in giving that confidence to the bowlers and developing the bowling attack. Umesh has suffered a lot under Dhoni. Imagine your captain berating you in public and what effect that will have on your confidence. Dhoni just doesn't know how to handle fast bowlers. With Kohli now at the helm, Indian fast bowlers with definitely improve. Even Aaron till now has had a start stop career and has never played games at a stretch. Under Kohli he will surely get more games.

Edited by Mosher

Also shows how important a captain's role is in giving that confidence to the bowlers and developing the bowling attack. Umesh has suffered a lot under Dhoni. Imagine your captain berating you in public and what effect that will have on your confidence. Dhoni just doesn't know how to handle fast bowlers. With Kohli now at the helm, Indian fast bowlers with definitely improve. Even Aaron till now has had a start stop career and has never played games at a stretch. Under Kohli he will surely get more games.

Definitely...motivation and confidence in a young fast bowler playing for his country comes primarily from his captain. ( apart from the player himself )

I am really impressed with how Kohli is handling all his bowlers, especially the fast men. They seem to be giving 100% under him and the apparently average pacers are looking top class. They are looking really happy and comfortable.

Dhoni somehow could not understand the extra value of a genuine fast bowler and hence could not motivate them. His man management has deteriorated in the last 2 years too...this was not the case in his captaincy heydays of 2008 to 2011.

Kohli is a man with a vision as far as captaincy is concerned. His ability to look at the bigger picture and back the right king of players, especially bowlers,  is not easy to come by in Indian sports.

Surely...Aaron will become much better too under Kohli.

Edited by express bowling

Dhoni somehow could not understand the extra value of a genuine fast bowler and hence could not motivate them. His man management has deteriorated in the last 2 years too...this was not the case in his captaincy heydays of 2008 to 2011.

He was always the Mule Singh - just that bowlers like ZK or Kumble did not need his "man manglement" skills (and ZK infact did the 'management' of bowlers, to counter msd's manglement). MSD is clueless abt handling bowlers.

Edited by fineleg

Nice to see Umesh Yadav feeling comfortable in the Test team and bowling with confidence but as soon as ODI's and T20's start he will again feel scared and lose confidence as Mule Singh Dhobi will berate him and other fast bowlers in public and will select as many Trundlers as possible in the playing eleven.

Wish selectors ignore Dhoni's Trundler demands and give a squad of Umesh, Varun, Shami, Ishant and Bhuvi. Then, Dhoni would have no choice to exercise his fetish of an All-Trundler attack.

I am not sure whether shammi will be ready to fly to Australia...that would be a boon to Varun.

I guess the pacers that wud fly could be Ishant bhuvi umesh varun and Mohit. 

Dhoni would play Mohit, bhuvi and Binny. If he plays Umesh, he will give 2 over spells and bring him around 45th over and make sure he just bowled 5-6 overs max.

He will bring in Raina or Virat around 11- 14th over. Lol.

Would be interesting to see the speeds of pacers like yadav,aaron if they go to the aus tour (the speed guns show more speed there for some reason lol) but most likely dhoni will lead a 3 trundler 2 spinner brigade in Australia lol.

Any team going to aus without 3 genuine quicks will get their @r$e rammed ,itslike serving a  buffet to the aussies

I was busy for the last 2 weeks so couldn't post much one this thread but it's so good to see a fiery spell bowled by yadav and cranking upto 150k on the final days of a test match.

Some good comments on this thread and conspicuous absence of dhoni chamchas who can go to the end while defending dhoni and that's why you wont see them on this thread praising a genuine quick.just shows how important it is to have 2-3 genuine quicks

Dont keep your hopes high though,it'll be 3-4 months of lois where dhoni will be back with his trundler brigade and we'll see 130k lollipops getting smashed into the orbit