Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

4 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

they havent scored many runs due to tours to aus,nz and then the turners in ind ,need some flat pitches to get back their confidence but up next is eng and sa

Jadeja has been on all these tours and averages 58 in the WTC. I know there are nuances in this argument about our batting but the points in favour of our top batters are becoming increasingly difficult to defend. 

Pujara for instance has not scored a century in 17 games in the WTC. Everybody other than maybe Shaw or Rahul(very few matches) are averaging more than him. Now I am not calling for his head but there is a problem here which needs attention. Kohlis repeatedly stating that Pujara and Rahane are our main batters is not sufficient. Leach in the meanwhile is owning him almost every match. Rahanes numbers in this series are also extremely poor. 

2 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

i haven't checked the stats but jadeja has been superb but thats an exception, whenever we go abroad generally there is a dip in form or newer inform players are brought in.

I hear you. But there must ne something which guys like Rohit Jadeja and Pant have been doing right which Pujara isn't. Rahane has been our highest run getter apparently and even he is failing us now. 

Even allowing for a dip in form , Pujaras numbers fall short. His efforts in Australia were valuable and probably he still is our best bet at no 3. But he needs to average more than the measly 30 that he is doing now.

And massive respect to Anderson who has been nothing short of class this series without any over the top hullabaloo. I will be slightly judgemental of people who call him Clouderson from now on. He has had key contributions in atleast 3 England test wins in India now and possibly a 4th if we mess this up. For a seam bowler to have these results in India is no mean feat. 

23 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

And massive respect to Anderson who has been nothing short of class this series without any over the top hullabaloo. I will be slightly judgemental of people who call him Clouderson from now on. He has had key contributions in atleast 3 England test wins in India now and possibly a 4th if we mess this up. For a seam bowler to have these results in India is no mean feat. 

:no: Taking a dig at me ... not fair :no: 

1 minute ago, Forward Defence said:

Last home series against Eng our batters , seamers and spinners all performed better than theirs. This series the only facet we have dominated is spin. Their seamers have been better and batting has been equally inept barring the one Root innings and Rohit.

There are passengers in the Indian lineup which has made it impossible to leverage strong positions. I am not sure about the seamers part, I think at best it has been at par with England 

2 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

There are passengers in the Indian lineup which has made it impossible to leverage strong positions. I am not sure about the seamers part, I think at best it has been at par with England 

Anderson has a sub 15 bowling average this series. Has impacted the game decisively in the first match and potentially here as well. Our seamers haven't done that.

10 hours ago, Forward Defence said:

Last home series against Eng our batters , seamers and spinners all performed better than theirs. This series the only facet we have dominated is spin. Their seamers have been better and batting has been equally inept barring the one Root innings and Rohit.

Pant has done well though. failure in just 1 test and that was understandable. has 2 50s and 1 100 in the remaining 3 tests.