Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

13 minutes ago, express bowling said:

As far as I know, he injured his knee atleast twice and it has become a chronic issue with him.

He has been very slow in the later part of 2020 and early 2021.

Many pacers bowl quickly in T20s but bowl slower in ODIs and even more slowly in test matches.

Quite common among second rung pacers. 

Okay when did he last time bowl 148kph in t20i can you mention that match

8 minutes ago, wc2023 said:

Okay when did he last time bowl 148kph in t20i can you mention that match

It was some match not featuring India ... so don't remember the exact match but I remember the incident because the commentators were saying that Stokes can crank it up in T20s but does not reach these speeds in test matches.

But my point was not regarding exact speeds.

My point was that India has much quicker bowlers than the ones playing but we are choosing to play the slowest ones we have.

And this is resulting in no variation in our pace attack ... Which is not a good thing in T20s 

Just now, express bowling said:

It was some match not featuring India ... so don't remember the exact match but I remember the incident because the commentators were saying that Stokes can crank it up in T20s but does not reach these speeds in test matches.

But my point was not regarding exact speeds.

My point was that India has much quicker bowlers than the ones playing but we are choosing to play the slowest ones we have.

And this is resulting in no variation in our pace attack ... Which is not a good thing in T20s 

I agree with you  but  my point is Wood belongs to a diiferent league interms of pace saini is quick but not as quick as Wood 

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Shardul has an ER of 10.8 runs per over in a lowish scoring match.

He is the least of our problems. He plays as a 3rd seamer because he can take wickets and can bat. A true X factor player who doesn’t have the hype or the endorsements.

Problem lies with the spin and pace spearheads who suck.

Get 3 best bowlers and all of a sudden Sundar-Thakur and Pandya combo for the remaining spots will look like Gold.

14 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

He is the least of our problems. He plays as a 3rd seamer because he can take wickets and can bat. A true X factor player who doesn’t have the hype or the endorsements.

Get 3 best bowlers and all of a sudden Sundar-Thakur and Pandya combo for the remaining spots will look like Gold.

He is playing as second seamer.

16 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Lol ,why are you getting triggered?you said he didn't bowl,prove me wrong if he hasn't,i would admit it straightaway?

Besides that you need to tell me when did Shaheen bowl 152+ outside psl  guns?

Lol now you are trying to divert discussion 

I know you are aware that you lied blatantly and know you are trying to cover up that .By the way as I mentioned earlier please refer  to page number 740 to 756 of this thtead to get the speed data you are looking for?

10 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Not sure why are you surprised?  He never had a proper googly.  Just some kabadi version of it &,  he himself knows he gets thrashed or slog swept..  So keeps bowling wider.  No variation no flipper. 

He did have a decent enough googly. I remember him getting Root bowled in the T20 series in Eng and also Faf in the Wc. Now he isnt even bowling them. Legspinners like Hasaranga and even Rashid in the meanwhile are doing well with their wrong ones. The one thing that has always been atrocious about Chahal is his outfield catching and that hasn't improved one bit. Other legspinning options are Rahul Chahar and Bishnoi. Chahar may be given a go and Bishnoi needs to develop his legspin stock delivery. Tewatia also is a good option overall but dont know if he can be a lead spinner. Anyway if we decide to not stick with Chahal we have to back the one who replaces him.

Who do you think is the best candidate to replace him at this moment?

30 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Individually none of the bowlers are problems barring Chahal in his current form.

But the problem is that we don't have any enforcer bowlers or true wicket takers.

Would any batting line-up be worried about Bhuvi, Shardul. Hardik seam attack ??

We must think of the bowling attack as a whole.

10 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

He did have a decent enough googly. I remember him getting Root bowled in the T20 series in Eng and also Faf in the Wc. Now he isnt even bowling them. Legspinners like Hasaranga and even Rashid in the meanwhile are doing well with their wrong ones. The one thing that has always been atrocious about Chahal is his outfield catching and that hasn't improved one bit. Other legspinning options are Rahul Chahar and Bishnoi. Chahar may be given a go and Bishnoi needs to develop his legspin stock delivery. Tewatia also is a good option overall but dont know if he can be a lead spinner. Anyway if we decide to not stick with Chahal we have to back the one who replaces him.

Who do you think is the best candidate to replace him at this moment?

Rahul Chahar & Bishnoi are the first options..  Rahul Chahar imo deserves the spot. 

Chahal is averaging  42 in last 21 T20Is with an economy of over 9.44. That's almost 10 RPO.  In 21 matches he has taken 18 wickets only.  I don't know WTH he is doing in the team?  Even a discarded Kuldeep has better stats. 

Kuldeep meanwhile since 2018

Matches 12

Wickets 27

Economy 6.77

Average 11.66

That's world class Rashid Khan level..  Not that he is our immediate answer but miles better than chahal

4 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Rahul Chahar & Bishnoi are the first options..  Rahul Chahar imo deserves the spot. 

Chahal is averaging  42 in last 21 T20Is with an economy of over 9.44. That's almost 10 RPO.  In 21 matches he has taken 18 wickets only.  I don't know WTH he is doing in the team?  Even a discarded Kuldeep has better stats. 

Kuldeep meanwhile since 2018

Matches 12

Wickets 27

Economy 6.77

Average 11.66

That's world class Rashid Khan level..  Not that he is our immediate answer but miles better than chahal

Fair enough.