Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

22 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Yes, Srinath bowled express in that series. Only 2nd to Shoaib, as he was even in the 99 WC series. Rameez Raja in his commentary in the kolkatta test had commented that ' Its not easy to play against the pace of someone like Javagal Srinath or Waqar Younis'.

1999 test series where Kumble took 10fer was a different series to the one you mentioned. It was 2 game series where India lost at Chennai and won in Delhi.  Shoaib Alhtar did not feature in this series.

The Kolkata test you mentioned was part of the tri series where Sri lanka was the third team. This is the series Akhat was also there. 

5 hours ago, Vilander said:

he was something when you consider his fellow team mates venky and Mohanty etc, i read somewhere that people convinced him to a animal protein diet to enable his strength training and he complied at substantial inhibition.

5 hours ago, Cricketics said:

May be. I still don't buy the whole animal diet fact. 

As Siva mentioned yesterday Ashwin has started eating chicken now. Focusing a lot more on his fitness and diet.

Edited by Mosher
14 hours ago, Forever Indian said:

Neither were tearaways like Brett Lee and Shoaib Akthar great bowlers. Akthar had some good numbers but was always injured and played only 40 odd tests. It is skilled bowlers like McGrath and Pollock who had the numbers and consistency to become great.

Steyn could also bowl fast when required. But then again he also can't do that day in and out. It is physically impossible to bowl long spells of 145k+ in tests.

If you read through my posts properly I have mentioned multiple times that a bowler should not be judged just by pace, and we should ike at whole package. For eg Dinda can bowl 140k plus but has no skills, so not an International material.

I don't think anyone is saying one should bowl every ball over 140. We are talking about ability to do that. It gives you options of reverse, bounce when there is not much help with new ball. Likes of Zak and Steyn could do that. They will bowl slow with new ball to get swing but will up the pace for their bouncers and to get reverse. 

Regarding Dinda, don't think you have ever seen him bowl in 4-5 day games. He doesn't bowl 140 or more in FC cricket, mainly 135. Only bowls 140 in T20s where he only has to bowl 4 overs.

3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Yadav is happy taking 1-2 wickets. The intensity missing from him. That is what I dont like about him. Gets happy and satisfied very soon.

Yes the pace is down a bit. But he has bowled really well today too. Hit the right areas and has not given freebies. Used the short ball well too. Another long spell for him today.

45 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Yes the pace is down a bit. But he has bowled really well today too. Hit the right areas and has not given freebies. Used the short ball well too. Another long spell for him today.

Missed the morning session bro. How did our pace trio bowl ? Did Umesh bowl good short balls ?

Edited by express bowling
12 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Missed the morning session bro. How did our pace trio bowl ? Did Umesh bowl good short balls ?

Yadav bowled okay, was better yesterday. He bowlsbetter when bowling long spells, which did not happen today as we were in search of eickets and chamged bowlers often.

Bhuvi bowled the best among three while Ishant bowled well to Mushifiqur the best among three without luck. 

Ashwin bowled okay, got lucky with few wickets. 

12 minutes ago, express bowling said:

All the pacers bowled well this morning. Bhuvi got a wicket with a beautiful inswinger. Ishant bowled with a lot of intensity and bowled some good short balls. Umesh bowled really well again and got a wicket with a well directed short ball. Though the pace a bit down from Yadav.

4 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Yadav bowled okay, was better yesterday. He bowlsbetter when bowling long spells, which did not happen today as we were in search of eickets and chamged bowlers often.

Bhuvi bowled the best among three while Ishant bowled well to Mushifiqur the best among three without luck. 

:embarassed:

16 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Considering the pitch is dead, Yadav bowled well. He was bowling slower, from 138ish to sometime in 140's, max upto 142. But he bowled well and he bowled intelligently. 

Ishant was bowling deadly bouncers. And the ball with which Bhuvi got the wicket, that was a peach. I mean THAT WAS A PEACH. Wasim Akram would be proud of that wicket.

8 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

That's the Bhuvi fan in you speaking :p:

6 hours ago, Cricketics said:

1999 test series where Kumble took 10fer was a different series to the one you mentioned. It was 2 game series where India lost at Chennai and won in Delhi.  Shoaib Alhtar did not feature in this series.

The Kolkata test you mentioned was part of the tri series where Sri lanka was the third team. This is the series Akhat was also there. 

The kolkata test was part of the Asian tournament and it was exactly in the same timeframe, same months. So it just the change of name of series, but the same time and almost the same players. So I dont think it makes as much difference. 

6 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

If i were to rate the fastest bowlers of the 90s based on their stock balls, it'd be:

1. Shoaib

2. Brett Lee

3. Brett Schultz

4. Waqar Younis (pre 95)

5. Devon Malcolm

6. Javagal Srinath

7. Alan Donald

8. Darren Gough

9. Jason Gillespie

10. Franklyn Rose

I think post 93-94, Waqar had lost his pace and he was mostly 135-140 bowler. He did bowl a particular delivery in 94 I think in England at 152. That was about it. 

This also shows that its pretty funny that Pakistanis laugh at Indians that Indian pacers lose their steam. Waqar was hardly genuine quick for about 4-5 years and then he lost it. Just like any other Indian bowler we have seen in the past.

5 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

I think post 93-94, Waqar had lost his pace and he was mostly 135-140 bowler. He did bowl a particular delivery in 94 I think in England at 152. That was about it. 

This also shows that its pretty funny that Pakistanis laugh at Indians that Indian pacers lose their steam. Waqar was hardly genuine quick for about 4-5 years and then he lost it. Just like any other Indian bowler we have seen in the past.

True

32 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

The kolkata test was part of the Asian tournament and it was exactly in the same timeframe, same months. So it just the change of name of series, but the same time and almost the same players. So I dont think it makes as much difference. 

Yeah, was just sharing the correct info of the series, since that series was epic the 2 test series I mean.

Tri series memories are sad because of the events which took place in the IndoPak test. 

Hello admin I can't post replays through any of the proxy browsers like uc mini opera etc.. Please offer solutions