Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

4 hours ago, express bowling said:

South Africa have handed a debut to 21 year old Jansen. He will become a finished product by age 24 or 25.

While we are debuting pacers at age 26 or 27 these days. 

I am sure Team India would have preferred the experienced Olivier ahead of raw Jansen.

But debuting Fast bowlers relatively young is important so that they are experienced when they are bowling at top pace, from age 24 to age 29/30.  We did the same with Bumrah and Shami and succeeded. 

Why have we forgotten this. 

With Shami and Bumrah ,young pacers ie. Suraj,Prasidh,Avesh,Navdeep would have developed faster,but Ishant was always selected inspire of his bad performance.

22 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Shami is a bit down on pace. Bowling just 130 k to 138 k. 

No issues as long as it works.

But would it work on flatter pitches !!

And I hope there is no niggle or fitness issue.

he bowls a heavy ball. it would still work. 

4 hours ago, express bowling said:

South Africa have handed a debut to 21 year old Jansen. He will become a finished product by age 24 or 25.

While we are debuting pacers at age 26 or 27 these days. 

I am sure Team India would have preferred the experienced Olivier ahead of raw Jansen.

But debuting Fast bowlers relatively young is important so that they are experienced when they are bowling at top pace, from age 24 to age 29/30.  We did the same with Bumrah and Shami and succeeded. 

Why have we forgotten this. 

That's out of choice as Oliver and Nortje both got injured. Had no other option.

BOOM bowled some 144k balls at end of day and rightly got the 2 wickets. he just increased his pace , his line n length was similiar and he got 2 batters out. in his first spell of 9 overs ,he was 135 to 142k.

in this end of day he bowled 3 overs from 137 to 145K and a few balls around 143 to 145K. 

i want to highlight the point, batsman can see the ball under 140K but faster than that batting becomes more of a guess work. yes if one is bowling 140 + short balls batsman can duck and avoid it but perfect yorkers bowled at 144K are 50 percent likely to get wickets if they are bowled not exactly under the bat.

yorkers that are super fast and are not bowled exactly under the bat but a bit differently will definitely get wickets.

boom will get 5 wickets tommorow.

Superb spell of Fast bowling by Bumrah at the end of the day. Lots of hostile bouncers and yorkers / stump directed balls. 

Picked up 2 wickets and both balls were amazingly good.

The 143 kph inswinging yorker that dismissed Maharaj was just awesome. Beat the batsman by sheer pace. It was preceeded by a 144 kph good yorker.

And the indipper to get Van der dussen was superb too.

The pitch had flattened a bit after SA used a heavy roller. And this where you need the extra pace and special skills of a Bumrah. 

Siraj bowled his heart out. His pace was much better than the first innings. He bowled quite a few 139 kph to 141 kph balls. And bowled lots of hostile bouncers. 

Attacked the stumps at skiddy quick pace generally and got some seam movement too. And his energy was up. 

A great addition to our pace battery.

Shami probably has a sore right shoulder. He was applying cold compress to the area and was missing from the field for quite some time. 

I suspected this when his pace and bounce was down from the start. 

But despite this, he bowled well enough and kept up pressure from his end. And picked up the crucial wicket of Markram using extra bounce from a length ball.

boom gets into superfast mode some times and he grabs wickets. in that spell of super fast bowling 144 to 150K, it is impossible to face him.

bcos of his action , he is actually 4K faster than the speed that is recorded on speedgun and in his superfast mode , if he is accurate , he becomes deadly.

some thing like that happened today in  the last 2 or 3 overs today at end of day.

SIraj did bowl well but his line n length could have been better. shammi was a shade slow in the second innings.

6 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

boom gets into superfast mode some times and he grabs wickets. in that spell of super fast bowling 144 to 150K, it is impossible to face him.

bcos of his action , he is actually 4K faster than the speed that is recorded on speedgun and in his superfast mode , if he is accurate , he becomes deadly.

some thing like that happened today in  the last 2 or 3 overs today at end of day.

SIraj did bowl well but his line n length could have been better. shammi was a shade slow in the second innings.

To me bumrah is already an ATG. Wasim dint even come close to how impactful booms has been for india. He has left wasim for dead. 

What makes this Indian Fast bowling Battery special IMO is that we are able to  regularly win / dominate in big test matches away from home despite having non-existent middle order batting in the last 2 years 

Bumrah, Siraj and Shami are indeed special in terms of both ability and mindset. 

Edited by express bowling
11 minutes ago, express bowling said:

What makes this Indian Fast bowling Battery special IMO is that we are able to  regularly win / dominate in big test matches away from home despite have non-existent middle order batting in the last 2 years 

Bumrah, Siraj and Shami are indeed special in terms of both ability and mindset. 

Sometimes I feel we purposely select wrong players to make it more competitive. Our bench players are actually better. Batsmen I mean. 

No rohit, no sundar, no Gill, no vihari, no iyer/Shaw. 

Rohit

KL

Mayank

Gill

Vihari/iyer

Pant

Ash/jaddu 

Thakur

Booms

Siraj

Shami

That looks so much better.