Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

22 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Every international team team has at least Two 140+ kfast bowlers in their attack

Aus: starc and Cummins

Sa: rabada and morris

Eng: plunkett and wokes

Nz: boult and Ferguson

Pak: amir and wahab

SL: kumara and chameeera

Wi: alzari and gabrial

Ind: bumrah and shami/yadav

Ban: taskin and rubel

India .... Shami, Umesh, Ishant, Bumrah,  Pandya   ( Aaron )

South Africa ..... Rabada, Steyn, Morkel, Morris, ( Viljeon,  de Lange )

Australia -  Starc,  Cummins, Stanlake  ( Pattinson )

England -  Wood, Woakes, Plunkett, Broad, Ball, Stokes, Mills, Jordan

NZ _  Milne, Ferguson, Boult, Henry

Edited by express bowling

This shows only pace can stop current era rampaging batsman's

I think veljon and de lenge have retired to some kolpak contract

This shows only pace can stop current era rampaging batsman's

I think veljon and de lenge have retired to some kolpak contract

Good to see so many fast bowlers while we only had umesh and Aaron few years back. I still wonder though why the bowlers world wide end up with average speeds less than 147 except for all time fast pacers like Shoaib or Lee or Tait. Is the max limit of human endurance tested  or the fast twitched muscles not enough or what is it.

Good to see so many fast bowlers while we only had umesh and Aaron few years back. I still wonder though why the bowlers world wide end up with average speeds less than 147 except for all time fast pacers like Shoaib or Lee or Tait. Is the max limit of human endurance tested  or the fast twitched muscles not enough or what is it.

13 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

its the speed gun. Apparently there are three speeds that get measured max,med,min and Broadcasters in India,Eng use Medium Aus used Max. I am pretty sure its down to that, maybe during the 160 feud between Lee-Akthar they used  the max speed rating. 

2 hours ago, Vilander said:

Excellent find Vilander.

Brilliant approach by Kohli and Kumble regarding grooming  fast bowlers.

Aniket, Nathu and Thampi are 3 of the best pace prospects we have in our country, with the pace, bounce and skills required to do well in international cricket.

Identifying them as the future Indian pacers and working with them to hasten their improvement as bowlers and introducing them to the work-culture of   Team India......  perfect.

They did the same with Kuldeep and  Jayant earlier and now they are in the national squad.

Hope they have a look at Navdeep Saini, Kulwant Khejroliya,  Shreyas Gopal and Samar Quadri..... the last 2 are leg-spinners.

Edited by express bowling
2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Viljeon is out of the reckoning due to Kolpak.

8 hours ago, Vilander said:

It is good that Kumble and Kohli has started looking for allround bowlers ie bowlers who have bounce,pace,yorkers etc.

Kumble & Kohli have now started looking over Ishant Sharma,Bhuvi etc.Umesh has also to show lot of improvement. They are looking at bowlers who can be successful in overseas conditions. They will also take into consideration Shami ' injury problems.

We may see Anikeet in the squad for the last 2 test

13 hours ago, express bowling said:

Thanks  for the info  : )

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/player/1083033.html

Now Cricinfo too has created his profile. It says 24, will be 25 in 4 months. Don't know why this guy has been identified so late. I will be surprised if this guy doesnt come into national reckoning in the next one year.

Edited by rkt.india
10 hours ago, tweaker said:

It is good that Kumble and Kohli has started looking for allround bowlers ie bowlers who have bounce,pace,yorkers etc.

Kumble & Kohli have now started looking over Ishant Sharma,Bhuvi etc.Umesh has also to show lot of improvement. They are looking at bowlers who can be successful in overseas conditions. They will also take into consideration Shami ' injury problems.

We may see Anikeet in the squad for the last 2 test

ishant is really stretching hard and I don't see him getting dropped easily.

Shammi has fitness issue's but as soon as he is found 95% fit , he is preferred and played.

Bhuvi has also performed when ever he has had some chance though he is definitely in the HIT list of being knocked out.

Shardul is already knocked out of the reckoning.

Umesh is coming back to form..specially his spell to shakeel was marvelous and even if he fails a bit - he has to be persisted with because he is genuinely fast and has good stamina for tests.

INdian tracks are flat decks and only 2 pacers will be played..i don't see basil,aniket or nathu being played as first 2 pacers in india.

but yes outside of india..4 pacers could play in the 11 too and one of them could be hardik pandya.