Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

20 hours ago, express bowling said:

Ishant has bowled bad lines today.

He simply does not understand that ... when the ball is inswinging a lot ... he should start outside the off-stump for the ball to end on the off or middle stump.

He will never learn.

bumrah bhuvi shammi hardik ash could be our attack in third test ...if bhuvi is not there then ishant

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Checked on Hawk eye. Pandya bowled the best length and lines in the last test for India, least number of boundary balls.  Shami bowled great lines but at times just too full getting hit for too many boundaries.   Ishant was all over the place.

Shami has bowled at high pace in this series and has indeed bowled great lines. He has generally bowled good lengths, but has got hit whenever he has pitched the ball up. He needs to concentrate on good lengths as his stock ball and cut down on his full pitched boundary balls.

Another change I see in his bowling ...  Shami had always used his accurate, skiddy and very effective bouncers rather liberally,  in every previous series I have seen.  But he is not using bouncers often enough in this series. He is always more effective when he pushes the batters on the backfoot.

Ishant has bowled better lengths and his inswinger is better too ... but his lines have often been quite bad in the 2nd test and the first innings of the 1st test.  His pace is a bit down too. And he keeps forgetting that he has been more effective while bowling round the wicket to left-handers.

Umesh needs to bowl at full pace and full intensity if he gets another chance. And he was bowling bad lines in the first innings of the first test.

Bowled some good outswingers in the second innings of the first test... and he could be so effective in England against right-handers, if he gets his lines right.

Pandya  has actually bowled well in the 2nd test and the first spell of the first test.  Good line and length at good pace too. And some seam movement.

Edited by express bowling

Jasprit Bumrah fit, set to make his comeback in Trent Bridge Test: Reports

Indian pacer Jasprit Bumrah looks all set to make his comeback into the playing XI as the right-arm pacer is ‘match fit’to play in the third Test of the series against England. As per multiple reports, Bumrah has fully recovered from the broken thumb and will be available for selection

timesnownews.com 

Edited by express bowling
2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Indian pacer Jasprit Bumrah looks all set to make his comeback into the playing XI as the right-arm pacer is ‘match fit’to play in the third Test of the series against England. As per multiple reports, Bumrah has fully recovered from the broken thumb and will be available for selection

timesnownews.com 

Hope he has been properly tested for fitness, don't want him to injure the finger again while fielding in middle of match. Whatever little bit of professionalism I expected from team management is long gone.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

timesnownews.com 

Bad news for Lala and English team.

I read in one of the leading newspapers that Siraj and Mayank agarwal are likely to be selected for the last two test matches...possibly 2 or 3 folks may get dropped from the current test 16.

May be prithvi shaw could also be considered but i think Prithvi may need some more time and experience.

15 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

I read in one of the leading newspapers that Siraj and Mayank agarwal are likely to be selected for the last two test matches...possibly 2 or 3 folks may get dropped from the current test 16.

May be prithvi shaw could also be considered but i think Prithvi may need some more time and experience.

Mayank Agarwal IMO will end the Dhawan and Rohit way in overseas tests, he doesn't have the basics to succeed overseas. Prithvi may actually benefit from being included than Mayank IMO. Also would get Vihari in  the middle order.

Siraj would be a very good inclusion, can't do worse than our current pace attack.

21 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

Mayank Agarwal IMO will end the Dhawan and Rohit way in overseas tests, he doesn't have the basics to succeed overseas. Prithvi may actually benefit from being included than Mayank IMO. Also would get Vihari in  the middle order.

Siraj would be a very good inclusion, can't do worse than our current pace attack.

siraj and bumrah should open our attack as Siraj has bowled better than Umesh when ever they have bowled together.

we need to get rid of this LAMBU who gets into the 11 just for his bouncer capability...he still does not bowl the full length that takes wickets.

I am disappointed with Umesh - why is he not bowling 140 to 150K which he is capable to bowl at, i truly believe that umesh can bowl 138 to 150K pace and if he cannot do that he is not required to represent Indian test 11 as his USP was PACE and if he does not have that, let him play for his state team only.

everyone has been criticising SHammi and shammi bowled with serious Pace during some spells and I can tell you he was UNLUCKY not to get more wickets ...when ever he bowled english batsman found the going very tough.