What is your Internet Service Provider

Cricketics

Noob mode - In the U.S. there is no FUP on unlimited plans. Which FUP plan should I sign up for in India if I intend to stream movies from Netflix and Amazon. Usage would be around 1-2 hours per day on average. Also, a related question. Which is the best VPN service in India to allow access to US sites at a good speed. Doesn't have to be free if it can tolerate live streaming from foreign sites.

Personally and popular opinion.As long as it works its fine.But if it goes down then god help you.It will probably go down in powercuts Rain and whenever else it feels like.And if there is big fault then you can forget about it.They simply dont care. If you take reliance keep a back up connection.
Ok, thanks. I'll give it a go since the plan seems quite tempting. I hope their service for my area is a little better, if not, I'll move on to somethng else.

Noob mode - In the U.S. there is no FUP on unlimited plans. Which FUP plan should I sign up for in India if I intend to stream movies from Netflix and Amazon. Usage would be around 1-2 hours per day on average. Also, a related question. Which is the best VPN service in India to allow access to US sites at a good speed. Doesn't have to be free if it can tolerate live streaming from foreign sites.
If you are coming after december2015 the you can experiment with reliance JIO.

WOW you guys have some great plans. :sniffle: I am stuck with Rs 845 for 1 Mbps till 6 GB and 512Kbps after that.
You can close your room door and dance :yay: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/tech/internet/bsnl-to-offer-minimum-broadband-speed-of-2-mbps-from-october-1/articleshow/48856964.cms
GURGAON: State-run BSNL will offer a minimum broadband speed of 2 mega bit per second (Mbps) from October 1 onwards to its customers, at no extra cost. The company currently offers a minimum speed of 512 Kbps and the move is part of its efforts for revival. BSNL is loosing customers in mobile as well as landline to private operators. The company lost about 1.78 crore wireless and over 20 lakh wireline subscribers between March 2014 and March 2015. "We have increased the internet speed four times ...we have ensured 2 Mbps is available at last mile, which is the customer premises starting October 1," BSNL CMD Anupam Shrivastava said.

Got to know today earlier . But its only for pre FUP and the same 512k after FUP . :(( Took 5 days to finish 6GB earlier now will take 3 days :rofl: Dont know how it is revolutionizing broadband internet like RS prasad said :mad:

Got to know today earlier . But its only for pre FUP and the same 512k after FUP . :(( Took 5 days to finish 6GB earlier now will take 3 days :rofl: Dont know how it is revolutionizing broadband internet like RS prasad said :mad:
BSNL still living medieval. :wall:

Wonder if this means they will reduce the pricing for other plans as well . I currently pay 1700 for 4 Mbps plan and if I can get 2 MBPS for 700-800 not sure if double that for 4 MBPS is fair pricing . Most will switch to the basic 700 plans u would think if 2 MBPS is provided at that plan

That is cruel :(( - it means you will spend more days on 512k than earlier. They should atleast have increased the FUP limit so that people have something to be happy about.

Wonder if this means they will reduce the pricing for other plans as well . I currently pay 1700 for 4 Mbps plan and if I can get 2 MBPS for 700-800 not sure if double that for 4 MBPS is fair pricing . Most will switch to the basic 700 plans u would think if 2 MBPS is provided at that plan
Read sscomp's post above . The 2 Mbps is only pre-FUP ( which in BSNL's case seems very low ). This changes things.

That is cruel :(( - it means you will spend more days on 512k than earlier. They should atleast have increased the FUP limit so that people have something to be happy about.
Yes. :(( Should have made Post FUP 1 MBPS instead of Pre FUB 2MBPS. :protest: See the plans here :wall:: BSNL-Broadband-Plans.jpghttp://trak.in/tags/business/2015/09/05/bsnl-redefines-broadband-internet-speed-india-2mbps/