Cow discussion thread

rageaddict

On 11/4/2017 at 2:07 PM, Singh bling said:

Then why do Keralites , even Hindu's consume Beef.are they against indian constitution

Cow Slaughter is banned, Eat beef from Buffalo meat or get it imported from any place else and eat it silently in the privacy of your home.. Don't kill a cow, unskin and eat it in front of those who worship it, is what the constitution says..

8 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Cow Slaughter is banned, Eat beef from Buffalo meat or get it imported from any place else and eat it silently in the privacy of your home.. Don't kill a cow, unskin and eat it in front of those who worship it, is what the constitution says..

Its time to change the constitution then. 

Its funny, when it comes to uniform civil code, every non-muslim is like 'that **** needs to be taken out of the constitution' but when it comes to hindus trying to protect cows from ending up on my dinner plate, its 'respect hindu sentiments, thats what it says in the constitution so get on with the program' etc etc. Perfect hypocrisy. 

On 06/11/2017 at 8:11 PM, Muloghonto said:

Its time to change the constitution then. 

Lol.  Certaily, you come from Congress background. 

Just like Pappu, Go fly kite!!

Alternatively, try opening a restuarant with horse meat kebab, horse meat burger, horse meat curry.

I know you wont get my point so let me clarify, Unlike you, who is going to eat a cow, Westerners havent forgotten their culture and respecting their workhorse.

4 hours ago, mishra said:

Lol.  Certaily, you come from Congress background. 

Here's a hint for you bachchey: You won't find a Bong over the age of 35 who is a Congressi. 

When i used to be eligible to vote, i actually voted non-Congress & non-CPM. I know, bloody hard to do in a Kolkata LS constituency. 

4 hours ago, mishra said:

Just like Pappu, Go fly kite!!

Alternatively, try opening a restuarant with horse meat kebab, horse meat burger, horse meat curry.

I know you wont get my point so let me clarify, Unlike you, who is going to eat a cow, Westerners havent forgotten their culture and respecting their workhorse.

Oh your point is clearly understood. Change constitution when it comes to Muslims, but leave the Hindu nonsense beleifs alone. 

FYI, there are plenty of western restaurants that serve horse meat. Its rare because there aren't enough horses or demand for it, not because its taboo. Same with Bison meat. 

I have another hint for you: its the west who's re-invented the world and made your laughable 'reeti-rewaaj' obsolete. 

My culture isn't abstaining from meat either. Sure, cow-politics have been a big part of Indic identity, but there always has been cow eaters in India since time immemorial. Ajivaks and Carvaks ate all and even Lokayata branch of Hinduism supports it. 

In anycase, appeal to culture is irrelevant. Cultures change with time. And its time to dump our value system on cows. We don't rely on cows to till the land anymore. Neither should we. Cows are nothing more than walking sources of meat, milk and milk products for us. With time, they will be nothing more than that and the occasional pet in the Indian household too, as India continues to modernize and cow-tilled land will become more and more obsolete with each passing day. 

New times, new values. Makes sense to protect cows in a land that is poor in horses, in a time when transport and tilling was dependent on cows. Doesn't make sense now. 

12 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Here's a hint for you bachchey: You won't find a Bong over the age of 35 who is a Congressi. 

When i used to be eligible to vote, i actually voted non-Congress & non-CPM. I know, bloody hard to do in a Kolkata LS constituency. 

Oh your point is clearly understood. Change constitution when it comes to Muslims, but leave the Hindu nonsense beleifs alone. 

FYI, there are plenty of western restaurants that serve horse meat. Its rare because there aren't enough horses or demand for it, not because its taboo. Same with Bison meat. 

I have another hint for you: its the west who's re-invented the world and made your laughable 'reeti-rewaaj' obsolete. 

My culture isn't abstaining from meat either. Sure, cow-politics have been a big part of Indic identity, but there always has been cow eaters in India since time immemorial. Ajivaks and Carvaks ate all and even Lokayata branch of Hinduism supports it. 

In anycase, appeal to culture is irrelevant. Cultures change with time. And its time to dump our value system on cows. We don't rely on cows to till the land anymore. Neither should we. Cows are nothing more than walking sources of meat, milk and milk products for us. With time, they will be nothing more than that and the occasional pet in the Indian household too, as India continues to modernize and cow-tilled land will become more and more obsolete with each passing day. 

New times, new values. Makes sense to protect cows in a land that is poor in horses, in a time when transport and tilling was dependent on cows. Doesn't make sense now. 

None. Absolutely none. Stop lieing. You haven't seen any. But then again you live in a different world. Atleast west I live in, I dont see any. What I see is there "Scandulous" horse meat mixing by abattoirs resulting in more thorough food testing and black listing of abottoirs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_horse_meat_scandal

Not just that, IKEA took off meatballs off its menu.

If your inflated brain still didnt understand the difference, Try finding a fast food/Corporate joint which serves horse meat. Nada. None.

Unlike you the western people dont effin even discuss such thing.

So, the people who you are following can only see and discuss mole on your face only. Or how ugly that mole makes you look. So you end up going and checking the mirror.

5 hours ago, mishra said:

None. Absolutely none. Stop lieing. You haven't seen any. But then again you live in a different world. Atleast west I live in, I dont see any. What I see is there "Scandulous" horse meat mixing by abattoirs resulting in more thorough food testing and black listing of abottoirs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_horse_meat_scandal

Stop talking nonsense.

Here is just one, from the city i live in:

https://wildebeest.ca/menus/dinner

Go down the list and you will find horse tartare. I have eaten at this very establishment myself.

Here is another one:

http://ugonnaeatthat.com/2009/07/17/richmond-horse-sashimi/

Most major western cities have one or two restaurants that serve horse meat. Its not in high demand, just like Bison (which also just a few restaurants serve), but it is perfectly legal. 

The horse meat scandal you are talking about, is due to false branding. If i intend to eat beef, i don't want to find other meats in my beef and if other meats are passed off as beef, its fraud. 

So next time, don't try to pass off your hinduvta mickey-mouse belief system as some sort of benchmark of conduct for the world.

Cop crushed to death under vehicle ‘illegally transporting cattle’ in Solapur; driver, three others held on murder charge

According to police, the constable attached with the Solapur rural police headquarters, was deployed at a nakabandi in Vadakbal village along a naik and two home guards for checking vehicles entering the district during a lockdown in the wake of the Covid-19 outbreak.

A constable on duty at a nakabandi point in Vadakbal village of Solapur district was crushed to death by a pick-up vehicle allegedly transporting cattle illegally during the lockdown. The incident took place in the early hours of May 23. The police have arrested four persons, including the vehicle’s driver, so far.

The deceased was identified as Rameshwar Gangadhar Parchande (30), a resident of Jodbhavi in Solapur. A case of murder has been registered at Mandrup police station.

Police identified the accused as Gaus Nabilal Qureshi, the vehicle’s driver, along with three others identified as Rafiq Qureshi, Mudassar and Istiyak Hirawale.

According to police, Parchande, attached with the Solapur rural police headquarters, was deployed at a nakabandi point in Vadakbal village along with police naik Lakshman Kolekar and home guards Swapnil Giri and Dinesh Raste for checking vehicles entering the district during a lockdown in the wake of the Covid-19 outbreak.

Police said around 4.45 am on May 23, Kolekar tried stopping a speeding pick-up vehicle coming from Teramail area, but the driver did not stop.

Police noticed that the registration plate of the vehicle was tampered with and the back was covered with wooden plates.

Police further said Parchande and a home guard tried chasing the pick-up vehicle on a motorcycle, and after riding for some distance, the constable managed to intercept the vehicle.

When Parchande was walking towards the vehicle, the driver accelerated towards him, knocking him down, and then escaped, police said.

On receiving information, a team from Mandrup police station rushed to the spot and took Parchande to a hospital, where he succumbed to his injures. Police began an investigation into the matter and arrested Qureshi and seized the vehicle.

Police said no cattle was found inside the vehicle when they seized it but they suspect that it was used to illegally transport cattle to a slaughterhouse in violation of lockdown norms.

Police also arrested three more persons and an investigation is on regarding their role in the case. A local court remanded the four accused in police custody for further investigation.

Manoj Patil, Superintendent of Solapur rural police, said, “A case of murder has been registered against the accused. Investigation, so far, has revealed that the vehicle that crushed the constable was illegally transporting cattle. Constable Parchande died on duty during the lockdown. So, we are sending a proposal to the government for providing his family with compensation, as per rules.”

Parchande is survived by his wife and nine-month-old son. His last rites were performed with state honours.

https://indianexpress.com/article/cities/pune/cop-crushed-to-death-under-vehicle-illegally-transporting-cattle-in-solapur-driver-three-others-held-6426908/

Cattle smugglers are a menace, how come they escape scrutiny?

Edited by Gollum

i cant imagine killing a cow, cant imagine eating it but why is it banned in India, some people like it let them eat it. Regularize slaughter but how is it legal to ban it is beyond me, of all things this is the one thing majority wants to put the foot down on..perplexing. 

2 hours ago, Vilander said:

i cant imagine killing a cow, cant imagine eating it but why is it banned in India, some people like it let them eat it. Regularize slaughter but how is it legal to ban it is beyond me, of all things this is the one thing majority wants to put the foot down on..perplexing. 

Agree with you, banning culture won't take us anywhere, Bihar govt has even banned alcohol :facepalm:, all this just gives rise to smuggling, black market, riots etc. Somehow even our judiciary is complicit in this banning dhandha...bonkers.  As you said regularizing the beef industry is the way to go forward. 

But in states like Bengal where slaughter of bovines isn't banned smuggling is a big headache, especially the cross border ones and many BSF personnel have been gunned down by the mafia. These cattle smugglers are violent, well armed thugs, like poachers and for rural folks cattle is like gold, that is why this gauraksha/lynching debate isn't black and white. 

Edited by Gollum

Read about Horse meat banned in USA, the beacon of free will. Every country has its own tradition and laws. Try to understand the reason for the ban. From a source on why horse meat is banned in US,

””And it's due to the rise in pet-keeping in these countries and the experience of having those animals as family members, which is turning them off the idea of eating them.”””

The same is true for India and cows. It is repulsive and for a large number of Hindus, so the sentiment has to be respected by minorities and the law as well. Try to sell cat meat in The west!

Dangerous path that, extending that line of thought....no idols in temples in Kashmir, NE because it hurts feelings of Muslims/Christians there? Problem with not just cow slaughter in India, some people take offence even over buffalo and bull slaughter....you will surprised to see how buffalo sacrifice is normal in shakti worship in Bengali villages, even Assam. Now how can we dictate to them about their customs? GOI tried to interfere with the Gadhimai festival (no cow slaughter there, still) in Nepal, to what end? Apart from minorities many Hindu Dalits/tribals do consume beef and moreover beef industry is there because of dairy industry. Farmers have very limited options, no need of male cattle because of mechanization, what should they do with unproductive cattle? As such we have poverty in that sector, who will compensate them in case they decide to not sell their old/dry livestock to butchers, more nuanced.

Edited by Gollum

Eating pork is haram for Muslims. Try slaughtering pigs in ME. You can lose your head. Cow slaughter was punishable by death in Ranjit Singh's Kingdon.

Cow slaughter was banned by Maharajah Ranjit Singh, the founder of the Sikh Empire in Punjab.[105] Many butcher houses were banned and restrictions were put on the slaughter of cow and sale of beef in the Sikh Empire,[106] as following the traditions, cow was as sacred to the Sikhs as to the Hindus.[107] During the Sikh reign, cow slaughter was a capital offence, for which perpetrators were even executed

Indian kingdos have always banned cow slaughter. The constitution has a guideline article for states to ban cow slaughter. It is left to the state, hence WB, Kerala and NE doesn't ban cow slaughter. Other states are exporting their old and sick cattle to these states. Only Islamists and Liberals want to slaughter cows where it is banned. Beef is not banned in all states. You can still eat beef made out of Buffalo meat. 

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

Read about Horse meat banned in USA, the beacon of free will. Every country has its own tradition and laws. Try to understand the reason for the ban. From a source on why horse meat is banned in US,

””And it's due to the rise in pet-keeping in these countries and the experience of having those animals as family members, which is turning them off the idea of eating them.”””

The same is true for India and cows. It is repulsive and for a large number of Hindus, so the sentiment has to be respected by minorities and the law as well. Try to sell cat meat in The west!

Do they breed horses and throw them on roads? If indians genuinely want cow slaughter to be banned then punish the dairy farmers who abandon their cows on street. Force dairy farmers to keep cows until they die naturally . But no Government not even yogi has guts to do this because large number of dairy farmers are Hindu and if they do this cow will become liability from asset.

6 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Eating pork is haram for Muslims. Try slaughtering pigs in ME. You can lose your head. Cow slaughter was punishable by death in Ranjit Singh's Kingdon.

What is the diff between barbarians and India then. Banning should not happen one can tax them heavily and ensure humane conditions etc.

6 hours ago, Gollum said:

Dangerous path that, extending that line of thought....no idols in temples in Kashmir, NE because it hurts feelings of Muslims/Christians there? Problem with not just cow slaughter in India, some people take offence even over buffalo and bull slaughter....you will surprised to see how buffalo sacrifice is normal in shakti worship in Bengali villages, even Assam. Now how can we dictate to them about their customs? GOI tried to interfere with the Gadhimai festival (no cow slaughter there, still) in Nepal, to what end? Apart from minorities many Hindu Dalits/tribals do consume beef and moreover beef industry is there because of dairy industry. Farmers have very limited options, no need of male cattle because of mechanization, what should they do with unproductive cattle? As such we have poverty in that sector, who will compensate them in case they decide to not sell their old/dry livestock to butchers, more nuanced.

Exactly what will we do with geriatric cattle lol have cattle old age homes around temples its foolish.

9 hours ago, Gollum said:

That is dangerous to think. Right now we are the dominant species where no other species can challenge us, so we have the power to decide the fate of an animal.

What will you do if god forbid the day comes when AI becomes more powerful than humans and gets to decide our fate?