Vijay Hazare Trophy 2015

Ironhide

Rahul Shukla is doing pretty well in Vijay Hazare. Hope, Dhoni has an eye on his teammate. He can be a very handy ODI bowler for us. Bowls at good pace and is also a very good fielder. Dhoni has struggled big time to score at pace. Saurabh Tiwary has outbatted him till now.

MSD!

Edited by fineleg

Rahul Shukla- what's the pace at which he is bowling...?

it seems he is out bowling varun aaron too as far as the bowling analysis is concerned.

he is taking wickets well.

I believe among the pacers only one close to be picked is Shardul Thakur...umesh varun Ishant shammi n bhuvi being the top 5.

I feel if shammi is still not fit then Thakur has a very bright chance to fly to Australia.

Varun is also considered as a costly bowler and hence Mohit could be preferred to him.

for me Shardul Thakur could be a better option than Mohit for one days bcos shardul is an attacking bowler and Mohit is a run stopping defensive bowler only at his best. Shardul has been a big n mean wicket taking machine in domestic circuit- he should definitely be picked.

I believe ISHANT umesh and bhuvi are sure shot picks.

Mohit dhwal shardul n varun n the left arm trundler( I m forgetting his name) would be competing for the rest 2 places.

I guess shardul has a good chance to be selected.

^ How is Aniket when compared with S.Thakur?

Aniket is a much better prospect compared to Shardul. He is a tall left arm fast bowler, hits the deck hard and gets good bounce off the wicket, bowls at a decent pace too. Watch the video of his bowling below.  

http://www.starsports.com/cricket/tour/ranji-trophy-296/matchvideos/vod/video=ranji-trophy-rajasthan-karnataka-day-aniket-choudhary-superb-for-rajasthan/index.html

Shardul is a short pacer who bowls 127 k  to 137 k most of the times ( occasionally touching 140 k ) . Has a good out-swinger.  It is not easy for such a bowler to succeed at international level especially in test matches if he plays more than  50% of his cricket in the sub-continent. Also, I don't think Kohli is interested in medium-fast bowlers for test matches.  ( As he averages 27 in FC but 38 in List A with Eco. of 5.6, he is hardly an ideal ODI candidate )

Edited by express bowling

Jharkhand Vs Railways match. Monu Kumar playing today. He is a really short fast bowler. He was bowling at 140K's in U19 world cup last year. Picked one wicket so far. Aaron is not playing today. 

Aaron and Rahul Shukla both seem to be rested today as they might have already made it to QFs.