India squad for Australia ODIs/T20s RELEASED

FischerTal

You are sitting here commenting on a cricket forum and Nehra is making crores in IPL every year, so there is a lot of difference between you and Nehra  :hehe:

And regarding speeds, I assure you that Nehra will touch 140K in Australia, may not bowl all the balls at 140+ but will definitely reach 140k few times in every match he plays.

My name is Amit. I represented Karnataka in Boxing as late as 3 yrs ago. You can check me if you ever come to SAI or Karnataka boxing association. So I do know a bit about sports and I do know a bit about body. I dont just indulge in commenting like you do.

Nehra is my age almost. 36 or 37... I dont think he can touch 140's now at this age.

while I respect your opinion as you are a professional sport, you can't compare boxing to cricket.

ajit agarkar was hitting 140s easily till his final season of cricket and he was about the same age.

hitting 140 is not the problem it's about endurance.

obviously you can't expect nehra to hit those speeds consistently in a odi leave alone test but I think he can manage it.

just like mike Tyson had no decline in punch power towards the end of his career, it was his endurance that let other boxers work around it as he was over reliant on ko's.

i am not sure if nehra was hitting 140k in IPL regularly but your argument about his age being a factor is flawed.

^ also to add cricket is not a purely strength and stamina sport....if nehra can use his skills & experience and get the ball in the right areas, he can be more effective than he was in his 20s when he was bowling at 145 more consistently.

How old are you? I merely said that I am in 30's, and I know that human body is not as fit at this age. I can still beat a 20 yr old boxer, but there's no way I will be as fast as a 20 yr old kid, and my reflexes will not support me. What I have is an experience of over 24 yrs in boxing. I can read my opponent, I can outthink them, and I dont fear any opponent. I will beat them due to my experience.

Thats why Wasim could do all that with the ball, at the age of 37-38. But he wasnt hitting 145k's. I do agree that Nehra might hit 140 on an odd delivery, but he cant be an out and out fast bowler now. The body doesnt respond that way at this age. 

I must tell you that I am a heavy smoker, I smoke about 20-30 cigarettes a day and I still run about 10kms every morning. And this fitness is due to my training in my fighting art.

My name is Amit. I represented Karnataka in Boxing as late as 3 yrs ago. You can check me if you ever come to SAI or Karnataka boxing association. So I do know a bit about sports and I do know a bit about body. I dont just indulge in commenting like you do.

It was you who started your comparison with Nehra and commented:

"Nehra is my age almost. 36 or 37... I dont think he can touch 140's now at this age."

So, I say he will at-least touch 140K few times in every T20 match he plays, let us wait and watch now.

Edited by Ironhide

It was you who started your comparison with Nehra and commented:

"Nehra is my age almost. 36 or 37... I dont think he can touch 140's now at this age."

So, I say he will at-least touch 140K few times in every T20 match he plays, let us wait and watch now.

Let's wait it out and see. I would still bet on him bowling a top speed of 138 and not 140.

Some youngsters should have been selected instead of the pensioners club.What are we going to gain by selecting Nehra,Harbhajan,Yuvraj.Instead Iyer,Bumrah,Kuldeep should have been selected.I think this players are recommended by Dhoni

What happened to Kuldeep? He should be part of the ODI/T20 squad and groomed for the future, instead of Harbhajan.

From what i remember in Tri series 

He was dropped against ENG when he got back he leaked runs against AUS.. Was wicket less during decider against ENG

WC where Shami did Better job than Yadav i believe.. 

Shami played a Match less than Yadav.. 

Only hope is if our Pacers do well [ 3 pacers 1 spin , 1 part time/Allrounder ] for ODI

Even after all these I don't have a hope on Yadav uhhh

iirc he played the first game against aus in mcg and bowled a terrific late spell and got us back into the match ,against England he conceded 30 runs @6 in Brisbane when almost every other bowler was also getting smacked and the target was 150 ,he didn't play the other matches ,was dropped straight away.in the decider against England ,shami,mohit and Binny played ,neither umesh nor booby played else we would have comfortably won that match.

Yadav is still erratic in odis and even I find it annoying sometimes but when I look at the other options aka the trundler brigade ,I feel he is the far better option than those and bouncy pitches do suit him