The return of the Bhuvi

40 minutes ago, putrevus said:

This guy should be playing ahead of that run leaker Yadav.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are mixing up formats. Yadav has been guilty of leaking runs in LOI's but not in test matches. Posting what @express bowling had posted a few days back. Yadav's E.R in last 3 test series

Eco rate

6.0 1 12 0 2.00 2 2   South Africa Mohali 5 Nov 2015 Test # 2186
3.0 0 7 0 2.33 5 4   South Africa Mohali 5 Nov 2015 Test # 2186
12.0 3 32 2 2.66 2 2   South Africa Delhi 3 Dec 2015 Test # 2191
21.0 16 9 3 0.42 4 4   South Africa Delhi 3 Dec 2015 Test # 2191
18.0 8 41 4 2.27 2 2   West Indies North Sound 21 Jul 2016 Test # 2207
13.0 4 34 1 2.61 3 3   West Indies North Sound 21 Jul 2016 Test # 2207
6.0 1 30 0 5.00 4 1   West Indies Kingston 30 Jul 2016 Test # 2211
12.0 2 44 0 3.66 4 3   West Indies Kingston 30 Jul 2016 Test # 2211
15.0 5 33 1 2.20 2 2   New Zealand Kanpur 22 Sep 2016 Test # 2221

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/376116.html?class=1;template=results;type=bowling;view=innings

Edited by Mosher
37 minutes ago, putrevus said:

This guy should be playing ahead of that run leaker Yadav.

Yadav had a lower ER than BK and Shami have in this match, so, he certainly did not leak runs.

28 minutes ago, putrevus said:

He sure has added a yard or two in pace and that is proving so important. The captains both Kohli and Dhoni have no idea on how to give this poor guy a break.

not really.

12 minutes ago, New guy said:

So even after someone showed you stats you continue denying and repeating the same thing?? Some people have an emotional bias about Bhuvi for some reason

I have already given you links of his pace in 2012 aus test series. His pace hasn't increased much.

33 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Yaar let's enjoy the quality bowling performance instead of bashing yadav.  Its not everyday we get Indian pace bowler ripping apart teams in the 1st innings on home tracks.  Job well done.  Wonder what Bhuvi's numbers will be after this test, I think his average should be sub-30 now...

14 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Yadav had a lower ER than BK and Shami have in this match, so, he certainly did not leak runs.

not really.

Rkt-india bhai, i get the feeling that he is hitting the ball on the pitch harder as compared to before where he used to float the ball....

Dont you think so? May be it might not translate to increase in pace but certainly batsmen find it hard to handle.....

Anyways, pitch was very helpful and its kind of hard to judge.....we have to see him in other pitches to evaluate his changes are effective on flatter pitches

On 10/1/2016 at 8:30 AM, Mosher said:

You are mixing up formats. Yadav has been guilty of leaking runs in LOI's but not in test matches. Posting what @express bowling had posted a few days back. Yadav's E.R in last 3 test series

Eco rate

6.0 1 12 0 2.00 2 2   South Africa Mohali 5 Nov 2015 Test # 2186
3.0 0 7 0 2.33 5 4   South Africa Mohali 5 Nov 2015 Test # 2186
12.0 3 32 2 2.66 2 2   South Africa Delhi 3 Dec 2015 Test # 2191
21.0 16 9 3 0.42 4 4   South Africa Delhi 3 Dec 2015 Test # 2191
18.0 8 41 4 2.27 2 2   West Indies North Sound 21 Jul 2016 Test # 2207
13.0 4 34 1 2.61 3 3   West Indies North Sound 21 Jul 2016 Test # 2207
6.0 1 30 0 5.00 4 1   West Indies Kingston 30 Jul 2016 Test # 2211
12.0 2 44 0 3.66 4 3   West Indies Kingston 30 Jul 2016 Test # 2211
15.0 5 33 1 2.20 2 2   New Zealand Kanpur 22 Sep 2016 Test # 2221

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/376116.html?class=1;template=results;type=bowling;view=innings

Bhuvi is more economical than Yadav, he has picked up more fifers in fewer tests than Yadav. He has played 50% his 15 matches at home and still has everything better than Yadav.

I think Bhuvi has gained a yard or two in pace and that is the main reason IMHO he is being more effective. He is better fielder, batsman than Yadav.

Both Yadav and Aaron have not shown any improvements in their skill levels significantly. Yadav takes odd wickets here and there and that is all he does.

Edited by putrevus
35 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Bhuvi is more economical than Yadav, he has picked up more fifers in fewer tests than Yadav. He has played 50% his 15 matches at home and still has everything better than Yadav.

I think Bhuvi has gained a yard or two in pace and that is the main reason IMHO he is being more effective. He is better fielder, batsman than Yadav.

Both Yadav and Aaron have not shown any improvements in their skill levels significantly. Yadav takes odd wickets here and there and that is all he does.

Where are you getting these stats??? Yadav is in fact more economical that Bhuvi in India. Yadav has an ER of 3.11 and Bhuvi 3.26. Overall yes, Bhuvi is a more economical bowler but as you can see from my previous post Yadav too has improved his E.R recently. As far as wickets are concerned, Yadav has done much better than Bhuvi. Yadav has taken 24 wickets from 8 matches while Bhuvi has taken 14 wickets from 7 tests in India. Not too bad for a bowler who picks up an odd wicket here and there. You have to also take into account that Yadav has never played in helpful wickets of Eng, NZ and SA. He has played most of his matches on flat wickets.

About fielding, Yadav is one of the best fielders in Indian cricket right now and surely much better fielder than Bhuvi. He is a superb athlete and does a great job near the boundary line and has a great throw too. Batting there is is no comparison, Bhuvi is a batsman with a proper technique while Yadav is a slogger.

Anyway this is a topic about Bhuvi and lets appreciate his great performance instead of bringing down Yadav or other bowlers.

Edited by Mosher
10 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Where are you getting these stats??? Yadav is in fact more economical that Bhuvi in India. Yadav has an ER of 3.11 and Bhuvi 3.26. Overall yes, Bhuvi is a more economical bowler but as you can see from my previous post Yadav too has improved his E.R recently. As far as wickets are concerned, Yadav has done much better than Bhuvi. Yadav has taken 24 wickets from 8 matches while Bhuvi has taken 14 wickets from 7 tests in India. Not too bad for a bowler who picks up an odd wicket here and there. You have to also take into account that Yadav has never played in helpful wickets of Eng, NZ and SA. He has played most of his matches on flat wickets.

About fielding, Yadav is one of the best fielders in Indian cricket right now and surely much better fielder than Bhuvi. He is a superb athlete and does a great job near the boundary line and has a great throw too. Batting there is is no comparison, Bhuvi is a batsman with a proper technique while Yadav is a slogger.

Anyway this is a topic about Bhuvi and lets appreciate his great performance instead of bringing down Yadav or other bowlers.

I was talking overall ER .As the sample size is too small in India for both of them. This is not about bashing Yadav. If they need to play only two seamers , Bhuvi should get nod ahead of Yadav. If Ishant is fit it remains to be seen who sits out.

13 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I was talking overall ER .As the sample size is too small in India for both of them. This is not about bashing Yadav. If they need to play only two seamers , Bhuvi should get nod ahead of Yadav. If Ishant is fit it remains to be seen who sits out.

"This guy should be playing ahead of that run leaker Yadav." That does sound like Yadav bashing without being backed by facts. About Bhuvi, I still have my doubts about his effectiveness on flat wickets. Even in this match the pitch is very unlike Indian pitches with a lot of help for fast bowlers. But yes, we should play Bhuvi on flat pitches more to see if he is more effective and also we will get to see if he has improved his old ball skills and then make a judgement about whether he is better than Yadav on these pitches.

Edited by Mosher