Was Taskin treated unfairly by ICC or not ? [POLL]

Was Taskin treated poorly by ICC ?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Put aside all your hatred towards Bangladeshi fans and media, what's your reaction on Taskin's suspension ? Was he treated poorly by ICC ?

• YES
    • NO
    • NOT SURE

Thanks for ranting on a thread which has no relation to your issue. Hope it helps to make you feel little better.

Get well soon.

Did the first two lines not related to your pathetic question. It is unfair that a team after openly accusing ICC of favoring any country is still playing. If BangBros are banned then banning or not banning of cheats like Taskin would not have even materialized. 

Did the first two lines not related to your pathetic question. It is unfair that a team after openly accusing ICC of favoring any country is still playing. If BangBros are banned then banning or not banning of cheats like Taskin would not have even materialized. 

Please do me a favor. Read what I wrote and comment later. If he chucks normal delivery then he should be banned, no doubt about it. But he was not found guilty of chucking which Umpire questioned about. 3 out of 9 bouncers were illegal. However, the way ICC conducted the test, it raised many questions.

When a bowler is found guilty of any special delivery, in most cases, ICC gives him a warning and give a time period to rectify it and test it again. In the meantime he is allowed to bowl. However, he does not correct his action of that delivery then ICC ban him.

Please do me a favor. Read what I wrote and comment later. If he chucks normal delivery then he should be banned, no doubt about it. But he was not found guilty of chucking which Umpire questioned about. 3 out of 9 bouncers were illegal. However, the way ICC conducted the test, it raised many questions.

When a bowler is found guilty of any special delivery, in most cases, ICC gives him a warning and give a time period to rectify it and test it again. In the meantime he is allowed to bowl. However, he does not correct his action of that delivery then ICC ban him.

IMO the key question is how was the test conducted? Did they follow a similar process and protocol which they followed for other bowlers or not? I mean I keep on hearing Tasking was asked to bowl 9 deliveries in 3 mins. Do we have a confirmation of the same? Also, is this how other bowlers are tested as well? If the answer is yes, then that's pretty fair. However, if this test followed a different process altogether then you and BCB may have a point.

How do know that he was asked to bowl 9 bouncers in 3 mins. Please gimme some credible source. 

I think more than the bowlers,the team coaches should be penalized as well as the cricket boards who let these things pass.If a bowler is reaching the international level with a flawed action....then a lot more people need to take the blame.

++

And I always lol at these conspiracists who start pointing fingers at BCCI, and shouting "why no one from India is ever called out".

This is partly because BCCI is quite strict on chucking and call out chuckers at domestic level before getting close to international levels.

Or by now likes of Mohnish Parmar (spin), Kamran Khan (pace), Surya Kumar Yadav (all-rounder - pace) would have already made the international debuts.  

BCCI has a robust committee monitoring weeding out illegal actions across India.

Next time rather then throwing tantrums, the likes of BCB should look inwards how to prevent future chuckers coming through their system. Because chucking is cheating.

This is the bone of contention. If he can bowl bouncers with an illegal action when he is in fatigue, then he will chuck again is it? @rett pointed it out in another thread.

I think you're missing the bigger point. What's alarming is that according to the article, 9 bouncers in 3 min. I for one am with the bowler on this. How the heck is that even humanly possible? 9 bouncers in 3 min? It takes quite a lot of strength to bowl a regular bouncer let alone 9 straight in 3 min. What is that ... a bouncer per 20 second? Bro, a regular bowler can bowl 1 bouncer per 6 balls (legally). If they found that his regular deliveries are ok that's cool. Come of my bdeshi friends also pointed out that this kid did not deliver any bouncers against NL so how is it that they asked him to bowl that during the testing? This infact is very alarming from ICC. Imagine other bowlers who went through these kind of stupidity and ended up in the wrong side of the stick. Now i see why some of my Pakistani friends were also pissed during the Ajmal era ... who knows what they made him do during the testing aswell.

I think you're missing the bigger point. What's alarming is that according to the article, 9 bouncers in 3 min. I for one am with the bowler on this. How the heck is that even humanly possible? 9 bouncers in 3 min? It takes quite a lot of strength to bowl a regular bouncer let alone 9 straight in 3 min. What is that ... a bouncer per 20 second? Bro, a regular bowler can bowl 1 bouncer per 6 balls (legally). If they found that his regular deliveries are ok that's cool. Come of my bdeshi friends also pointed out that this kid did not deliver any bouncers against NL so how is it that they asked him to bowl that during the testing? This infact is very alarming from ICC. Imagine other bowlers who went through these kind of stupidity and ended up in the wrong side of the stick. Now i see why some of my Pakistani friends were also pissed during the Ajmal era ... who knows what they made him do during the testing aswell.

Now, is this from an ICC official statement that he was asked to bowl 9 bouncers in 3 mins? This came from the lawyer who has made these claims. We still don't know how true his statement is.

First of all did this "9 bouncers in 3 mins" thing even happen or is it just a figment of B'desh fans' imagination? So far we have yet to see one credible source/proof stating such a thing even happened. What we do know for sure is that Tasking & Sunny failed the test. Rest it's all speculation and hear-say.

And what credible source has confirmed this ?

Anyone can rant on Facebook page doesn't make it true

Why Taskin never called out before was because his team hardly plays outside Bangla, and most of the time you have home umpires officiating the game. If the test has confirmed that he was indeed chucking, then how exactly is it unfair. He's still has age on his side, he can always improve his bowling and come back stronger. So stop crying conspiracy.

Most of the fans here don't like Bangladesh team thanks to some of arrogant fans on social media. Those fans does not represent the view point of the total population but they are putting all of the Bangladeshis into shame. 

We came to know some facts like ICC did not find anything wrong with the deliveries that was primarily suspected, ICC asked to bowl him 9 bouncers in 3 minutes, asked him to test immediately, not giving him 14 days period and also giving the verdict within couple of days.

Just put aside your hatred for a minute and think rationally. I just wanted to know the opinion of most of the fans here. Was Taskin treated unfairly by ICC or not ?

A sensible post.  Hopefully,  some of the other Bangladeshi posters will post like this instead of the blind hate  and blaming India for everything. 

About your question....I do not have the required information in totality to form a neutral opinion. 

What are the ICC rules for such testing, whether such rules were adhered to or not  ?  ....are very specific technical things that require specific knowledge on this issue which I don't have at the moment.

If he has been found to chuck even a few deliveries then, prima facie, there is some problem.  The thing to remember here is...if Taskin chucks with even 2 or 3  deliveries in a critical match of the ongoing  World Cup and one or two of them produce wickets, then it will be grossly unfair to the opponent team. On the other hand, if his action is ok, then this issue will be unfair to Bangladesh.

As you have written, Bangladesh has lodged an official complain. This is the correct way to approach the problem. I hope there is a quick and fair resolution of this issue.

Edited by express bowling