Hinduism is dead. Shut the temples down (The Supreme Court has reduced the polymorphic religion to a bunch of meaningless myths.)

rkt.india

On 16 April 2016 at 6:41 PM, radhika said:

Yes...the great rationale that women have a reproductive system is good enough reason to keep them out like dogs .

The ability that makes them 'not good enough for temple' is what produces all humans.

Women in the reproductive age  should be revered for having the ability and the willingness to put their bodies through the rigors of pregnancy and childbirth instead of being treated like dirty animals.If menstruating women are dirty then men should be considered dirty 365 days of the year.

Again, it is one thing to question rationale and another thing to play gender card. Now, the problem is that what was practiced as discretion has turned into discrimination. In Shani Shingnapur, which is where Shani or Saturn is worshipped, the energy was not considered suitable for women esp pregnant women. Now you may argue with rationale but intent is not discrimination. But over the years rationale has become practice and practice is now interpreted as discrimination. 

As as far as "dirty animal" thing goes, maybe it is the feminazi inside you that wants to generalise all those who might have nuanced views on the subject. I can understand the sentiment completely. But there needs to be greater study and understanding to find the way forward 

Edited by ravishingravi

7 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Can courts intervene here? 

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/mumbai/Activist-Trupti-Desai-enters-Haji-Ali-stops-short-of-going-into-inner-sanctum/articleshow/52231168.cms

She entered the shrine until where women can go. It is big news! 

There is a bigger TANTA.SC will rule on validity of triple Talaq.If SC deems its unconstitutional then AIMPLB will raise big hue and cry but this time the women organisations are againist them.If triple talaq goes,polygamy will be next.

On 17/04/2016 at 2:04 PM, asterix said:

Good time for Hindu temples to be more progressive and do away with many wrong practices... In many was the Abrahamic Religions have progressed and spread because of their ability to embrace anybody without any discrimination... Hinduism needs to get rid of anymore discrimination in order to expand...

So that they can get complete control over world politics and achieve full power which was always their goal.

Lol at people wanting Hinduism, the most progressive and adaptable religion in history, to be a clone of other religions like Islam and Christianity which are stuck in the past. 

These people would have shamelessly championed Sati if it was existent today .

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 1:15 PM, randomGuy said:

Then you should not even call urself one. Because then, someone else has to be a dalit....just say you don't believe in the rubbish that is caste system.

I would be happy to discuss that on a separate thread. In the spiritual world, one should only believe in the evolution. I don't think a cast or religion has any role to play in it. The cast or religious belief cannot claim inherent entitlement in that world.

On 4/19/2016 at 5:32 AM, radhika said:

Personally I don't care if there are temples based on gender.

My objection is to treating  women like dirty being because of their reproduction system. 

The way the priests at Sabrimala  Temple reacted about menstruating women was so disgusting. His comments that women can be allowed if we have machines that can check if women are menstruating or not.

@.#$^& you are in this world because your mother did too.

To think that these B@#$%^^ are supposed to be our guides to God and religion is bewildering.  People like that don't get to treat half the population like that.

When you disrespect people ,they are going to fight back and then you will get your ass kicked.

Now soon these  bloody priests will watch these very women they treat like dirty dogs enter the temple and they will not be able to do any thing about it.

That itself is worth the fight.

perfect, agree with every word you said. Some scum that hangaround temples like Tirupati for instance at times ogle at women who wear dress ( fully appropriate btw) that do not have a third layer or multiple layers on top of their vest or top and have the audacity to say that there needs to be a layer of clothing on top for women covering their vest/shirts/tops in ordre for them to enter the sanctum, basically scum. If this kind of episode happens to ones family members then the intent of going to temples wanes pretty quickly. Something tells me that there would be much more angst here, i dont think women would be freely allowed to move around in these temples still, there would be some ogling scum like other temples who will have new dikkats. Once you have accepted spirituality, scientific method and collective legislature religion is of very little meaning anyway, helps you keep away from scum.