Sourav Ganguly was disrespectful: Ravi Shastri [Update Post 18: Ganguly responds]

All i Remember from Ganguly-chapell era is Shastri was the one who supported chapell ideology to kick ganguly out n bringing in change in team and he was very vocal about it specially he was quite in favour of the change happening in indian cricket team.

Not saying shastri was of the favour that chapell shud be put in dominating position but he was critical of ganguly last phase as captain and wanted changes in the team. 

Shastri has had always a diff mindset from Indian setup, i wud say he had ideologies similar to Aus cricket but giving an interview from bangkok n not even prep a presentation is not done. If someone like Moody can fly Aus to india then why cant he for a day from bangkok which is nt tht far as Australia . 

I dnt blame ganguly n other member for selecting kumble who came all prep and has worked for 2 t20 franchise worked in Association head and worked on every level and still coming in all prepared. Shastri looked to have took the job for guarnteed.

Even though his work has been gud with team specially the phase in which he got the team but giving an interview like that is not done. He might have pulled team out when they were low on confidence with his huge talking but thats it a team needs to go beyond that and u need a vision n roadmap for that, words dnt fix loopholes

Being called a 'Director' instead of a short term coach has gone to Shastri's head. On top of that his proximity and support from Kohli made his head blow up and he had taken his appointment as a done thing. Him giving a time pass Skype interview while vacationing in Bangkok and without any presentation is exactly what his life style is about. The guy was all over the place for taking credit and invisible when the team's chips were down.

It is good that Kohli has realized the limitations of the cheerleader or realized the new power structure in the BCCI.

Firstly, I appreciated what Ganguly did in the early part of his captaincy career but then he became a liability on the team due to his non performance. So one cant really call me a Ganguly fan, nor am I a hater. 

Secondly, Shastri does not deserve to be the coach of the team. In his playing career every time I watched an ODI with Shastri batting, I always prayed that he got out as soon as possible. As a coach, he was equally unimpressive. He bullied his way to have Suresh Raina of all people selected in the Test team only to be rewarded by a pair when Raina played a Test. 

Now, to comment about the issue, I do feel Ganguly should have attended the interview or if he could not accommodate at the time it was scheduled, at least he should have interviewed Shastri independently at a different time. I have been an interviewer and an interviewee and I feel every candidate selected for an interview process should have an equal chance at being interviewed by the panel. Does that mean Shastri deserved the job? Of course not. I wouldn't have even shortlisted him in the 20 odd candidates picked. I have never even heard any insightful commment from him in the commentary box that would make me think that he has good cricket strategy skills. Rather not have a coach than have Shastri there. 

4 hours ago, Texan said:

Firstly, I appreciated what Ganguly did in the early part of his captaincy career but then he became a liability on the team due to his non performance. So one cant really call me a Ganguly fan, nor am I a hater. 

Secondly, Shastri does not deserve to be the coach of the team. In his playing career every time I watched an ODI with Shastri batting, I always prayed that he got out as soon as possible. As a coach, he was equally unimpressive. He bullied his way to have Suresh Raina of all people selected in the Test team only to be rewarded by a pair when Raina played a Test. 

Now, to comment about the issue, I do feel Ganguly should have attended the interview or if he could not accommodate at the time it was scheduled, at least he should have interviewed Shastri independently at a different time. I have been an interviewer and an interviewee and I feel every candidate selected for an interview process should have an equal chance at being interviewed by the panel. Does that mean Shastri deserved the job? Of course not. I wouldn't have even shortlisted him in the 20 odd candidates picked. I have never even heard any insightful commment from him in the commentary box that would make me think that he has good cricket strategy skills. Rather not have a coach than have Shastri there. 

If you are an interviewer maybe you also like it if the candidate shows up for the interview, instead of logging in on skype. 

41 minutes ago, kosingh said:

If you are an interviewer maybe you also like it if the candidate shows up for the interview, instead of logging in on skype. 

That too without a presentation.

The way he acted as the 'Director' ....he probably is even thinking....why the need for this selection  drama when I am there.Last time there was no interview shinterview.:bandit:

7 hours ago, Texan said:

Unlike TOI, Cricinfo has not sensationalized the story. Ganguly did plan to attend the interview of Shashtri which was scheduled at 4:30 PM and then he had to chair Bengal Cricket Association meeting around 5 PM.

But previous interviews went longer hence Shastri's interview became parallel to Ganguly's CAB meeting.  Now others, proposed they are going ahead with interview and and will brief him later and  Ganguly agrred to that. Shashtri seems more like how dare Ganguly? Or How the hell he didnt get job?

Edited by mishra

Frucking Shastri. If Kumble does well, Shastri will take credit by saying that it was he who laid the foundation, and Kumble just came in and enjoyed the benefits of  Shastri's hard work.

If Kumble fails, Shastri says "Told ya'll you should have hired me"

13 hours ago, Detonator said:

I think this entire fiasco is created by media. 

Media is only reporting what is happening. Its completely bcci's fault. To begin with they added lots of unnecessary rules; like knowledge of regional language, intl coaching exp, ... They decided to interview all the members on a single day which in itself is a poor decision. One of the selection panel member cannot come in person and joins interview thru video conf. Another panel member had to attend state board committee meeting while the interviews are going on. One attendee with no solid material to present joins thru skype from thailand!!! Finally selected one who was not even in the 21 shortlisted guys and does not satisfy many criteria.

I wonder after all this nonsense what will be going thru the mind of tom moody who was the most eligible candidate among the names which were revealed.

blaming media is little lazy. They are reporting exactly these guys have been saying. basically Dada just owned shastri who was taking it casually. Shastri has clout in the commentary circles and he was supposed to head the mafia that hands out contracts to ex cricketers. Someone like Manju does not have favors from Shastri and is so now getting excited. 

Shastri has done decent job but it is not like he is the ultimate choice. I don't know how much ideas/thoughts he has on the practical coaching side of the game. He maybe helping team to be mentally prepared and be confident but at highest level if you do not show concrete plans (which I suppose Kumble would have been ready with) then people will think you really are not that motivated for the job or are simply not capable. He was not even present for this all important meeting then it just plays into the hands of seasoned guy like Ganguly. Ganguly is very strong at cricket administration level and has bigger name as a captain who rebuilt indian team. He is likely to have very strong contacts across BCCI org compared to Shastri. 

Shastri just got owned and he is looking bad by the way he is handling it. 

Kumble may still turn out to be a bud but Shastri just gave himself no chance. BCCI choose Big 3 to select the coach and the overhelming talk was to choose an Indian guy so guys like Moody had no chance. 

12 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

* Ravi shastri.I will forever hate him,my first memory of  a sports cry was because of this asshole and his slow batting in ODIs,i used to hide behind the sofa and cry and watch him bat like its a test match in ODIs.

I agree Shastri was selfish, coward n a looser the way he batted, but he was not alone there were others he was the worst