What is Ishant Sharma's role in the team?

Texan

10 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

No need to play every year 1-2 season are enough but he hasnt even done that

For any other player it's enough but he has a pea sized brain. Ishanth Sharma and Ishan awasthi from tare zameen par are almost similar in brains dept

21 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Umesh Yadav averaged 27 under Dhoni in India and 35 under Kohli.

Definitely victim :cantstop:

It is amount is tests he got to play consistently which matter, you can average 10 with couple of wickets also .

This is the first time Yadav has consistent run in the team and he has shown he has improved from first test of the season to last test here. Thats all you can ask for in any player.

Under Dhoni Yadav never got to play this consistently.

Edited by putrevus
It is amount is tests he got to play consistently which matter, you can average 10 with couple of wickets also .

This is the first time Yadav has consistent run in the team and he has shown he has improved from first test of the season to last test here. Thats all you can ask for in any player.

He couldn't play long at home because he got injured in the first test against England in 2012.So missed the home season.

Away from home even Kohli had to drop him in both SRL and WI.

Yadav himself has said he favours Kohli so no retirement of Dhoni has done wonders for fast bowlers morale .

I request people here to take a chill pill!!!

Ishant did not do well in this series and deservingly got booted out from the playing XI. 
It is up to Ishant now to go to counties and learn to improve as a bowler. He is still not too old to be discarded from the team. 

Ishant Sharma can still be an asset to team India particularly when we tour overseas. 

(It is not fair to compare Ishant with V Prasad (of the yore) or Umesh Yadav currently when the latter have not even shown enough fitness to play large number of matches like Ishant did. )

38 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Selectors didn't even pick him for England tour .Not sure how Dhoni's fault that.

You think the selectors would have left Umesh out if Dhoni had wanted him  ?

We are seeing a pacer like Shami being included in the squad as an additional member, after the squad selection was over, because the captain and coach asked for him.

He couldn't play long at home because he got injured in the first test against England in 2012.So missed the home season.

Away from home even Kohli had to drop him in both SRL and WI.

Yes he got dropped then but he has played in home season every match and this guy is the one of the finest athletes I have seen play for India. If you still think Dhoni had nothing to do with him playing then nobody can convince you otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, putrevus said:

Yes he got dropped then but he has played in home season every match and this guy is the one of the finest athletes I have seen play for India. If you still think Dhoni had nothing to do with him playing then nobody can convince you otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I said he played in every home game when fit under Dhoni .

How is it any different to Kohli ?

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

You think the selectors would have left Umesh out if Dhoni had wanted him  ?

We are seeing a pacer like Shami being included in the squad as an additional member, after the squad selection was over, because the captain and coach asked for him.

Why would selectors pick a bowler who has hardly played any domestic cricket for 2 years ?

They already picked Varun Aaron in his place.

And yes if Dhoni had a full say , Zaheer would have been picked 100%