BCCI to cancel India-NZ series?

Because we saw her making speeches in the assembly on TV ?

When were the dates. Pm modi was away I think on g20 duty.

From what I know water resources ministry was ready to meet both cm to talk over the issues

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

When were the dates. Pm modi was away I think on g20 duty.

From what I know water resources ministry was ready to meet both cm to talk over the issues

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

This is from Sep 2 for example

This is an issue that should have been mediated by the Central Govt when it decided to notify the CWDT final award in 2013.Thats when Tamil Nadu approached the SC to set up CMB because center failed to do its job.

Any explanation why Modi didn't try to mediate and find a solution then itself ?

Because he feared political damage .And I am not blaming Modi specifically either because Congress would have done the same and our politicians in Tamil Nadu are the same .Don't care until the monsoon fails and situation turns dire.

The SC is atleast (just like the CWDT) trying to find a solution and asking Centre to do its job by setting up CMB which it should have set up once it notified the award .It didn't and SC is asking it to do its job.

This isnt overreach.This is asking the govt to do its job which it failed fearing political milage .

The Lodha Committee has clarified that it has not asked for the BCCI's accounts to be frozen, but only for two specific payments from the board to its state associations to be stopped. Payments required for other routine affairs - such as organising cricket matches - can go on as they earlier did, the Committee said.

It issued the clarification on Tuesday morning, following reports in newspapers that quoted a BCCI official saying the board would have to cancel the remainder of the New Zealand series because its bank accounts had been frozen by a directive from the Lodha Committee.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/story/1060357.html

Seriously do no one in BCCI ever opened a bank account ?: facepalm:

I do believe the PM left for the G20 on the third of sept. Also i need clarity before I reply.Setting up meetings etc and full length face to face negotiations need time.  For eg fine Jaya was free then. Was Siddu free to meet? CWDT award was in 2013? So Modi was not PM then?

Take the Cauvery management board. Will it really solve issues unless Karnataka gov and TN gov reach an agreement? Does a treaty signed more than 80 years ago which does not take ground realities of population change and types of crops grown be practically implemented without there being major discontent? 

and the role of the SC is to find a solution. Thats true for any case or judge in any country. Otherwise courts of law would not exit. Once again the key word is asking. Maybe they need to ask the BCCI as well. I am all in favour of certain point such as the issues with conflict of interest (which ironically as mentioned with the lawyers of Jaya etc the judicial system has in spades). But this micromanaging of the affairs of the BCCI by suggesting 15 days leeway etc is totally inappropriate. Also this one state one vote. Maharashtra with 120 million has the same voice as Goa with 3 million. Even if Maharashtra has 3 board. Its 40 million per board which is fair. While the former system was unfair. How exactly is the current system fair? You are just creating a whole host of other problems.

8 hours ago, Lannister said:

The main concern is for uniform distribution of money to all states. This is not 90s anymore where couple of strong States get to decide the distribution factor. 

Agree, there are no more state associations that dominate in the domestic circuit. It should be fair.

"There is too much interference at the moment. People need to realise India has become a cricketing super power under BCCI's administration. We are the only sports body which has not taken a single penny from anyone including the government. We have created all the infrastructure on our own," the senior Board functionary added.

The all out war between Lodha panel and BCCI took an uglier turn after the panel, in its letter yesterday, told the banks to block BCCI's payments to the state bodies.

"It has come to the notice of this Committee that certain decisions have been taken at the 'Emergent Working Committee' meeting of the BCCI on 30th September 2016 to disburse large funds to the various member associations," the panel had written.

8 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Upsets do happen. We even lost 2-1 to BD like we did to Pakistan.

But 11-0 is the streak we all proud off and burn you guys head to toe :giggle:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

^ Yeah so many upsets that overall ur team was never ever able to cross Pak 1-to-1 wins, in Tests as well as ODIs...

btw Im just curious (genuinely asking) what was the 'official' reason for no Indo-Pak Test series from like 89 to 99?

Edited by Asim