500 & 1000 rs notes stopped from tonight

tweaker

5 hours ago, mishra said:

When you get support to your views from certain posters who think previous UPA was best government, RBI has no credibility left, and every major nation in world will soon be part of CPEC while India should try to be part of CPEC instead of "actively" opposing it

Then, Despite your political/ethical stand, You need to introspect which side yopu are actually standing

I don't care ICFers support me or oppose me.ICF already has very few active posters left.

When you open news site and all around you see news of job losses , deaths , economy going down, then there is hardly any way you support that move.

When all your personal experiance tell you hardly any corrupt is touched while most common men suffered then there is hardly any way you could support as I said earlier those who are opposing I wish them very good luck. I wish myself to be very very wrong on this subject

18 hours ago, New guy said:

This is hilarious. Even with lots of money in your account, dealing with banks is currently a nightmare. For example, SBI branches near my house in Bangalore, will only accept transactions if your account is in that branch. Even if you have an SBI account but different branch, they wont help

On a regular day, SBI branches in Kolkata has long lines just to get forms to open accounts and the staff are extremely rude. All these before going digital

I was able to withdraw cash with a self addressed check in an different branch than my home branch in SBI.  maybe you cant use a withdrawal form if you dont hv an ac in their branch . I was able to do even the latter in ICICI.

RBI Senior official arrested for 'illegal currency exchange'

The official helped convert more than Rs 150 crore in one case, and investigation is on to verify if he was involved in more cases.

One of the middlemen was related to a Government official.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Senior-RBI-official-arrested-for-illegal-currency-exchange/articleshow/55956614.cms

Edited by Rohit S. Ambani

On 11/12/2016 at 9:51 PM, mishra said:

http://www.legallyindia.com/law-firms/t-t-zeus-founder-rohit-tandon-declares-rs-125-crore-to-taxman-after-raids-20161020-8056

looks like standard

havala guy with law background. Guy was officially going to open a office in Dubai

this is the news on TOI which got removed from page 1 very quickly

http://m.timesofindia.com/india/Rs-2-6-crore-in-new-notes-among-Rs-13-56-crore-seized-from-Delhi-law-firm/articleshow/55920155.cms

This guy represents everything wrong with Indian system.

1. All the Tandon assets are estimated to be worth over Rs 10,000 crore.

2. He is a son of ex HC Judge. No one remembers him actually involved in any corporate case. Firm claims he charges for Consultancy. Sounds more like commission for getting judgements in their favour

3. He was lobbying to become HC Judge.

Edited by mishra

On 12/12/2016 at 3:21 PM, Rohit S. Ambani said:

All this talk about cashless economy is nonsense. If I pay 100 bucks for a Biriyani, I want the whole 100 rupees to reach the vendor. If PayTM is gonna get Rs 2 from it, sooner or later the vendor is going to up the price to Rs 102. So it is a big NO from me. I do not want to enrich a new big business in order to make my govt rich. The govt anyway takes more than what it needs. They pocket most of it leaving paltry amounts for welfare and infrastructure.

If you are paying Rs 100 for a biriyani, it isn't a great biriyani in all probability.

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 3:51 AM, Rohit S. Ambani said:

All this talk about cashless economy is nonsense. If I pay 100 bucks for a Biriyani, I want the whole 100 rupees to reach the vendor. If PayTM is gonna get Rs 2 from it, sooner or later the vendor is going to up the price to Rs 102. So it is a big NO from me. I do not want to enrich a new big business in order to make my govt rich. The govt anyway takes more than what it needs. They pocket most of it leaving paltry amounts for welfare and infrastructure.

Wow.. they don't want to pay taxes, they don't want their transactions be tracked, they are okay with illegal money being stashed and not circulated, they are okay with counterfeit in circulation, they are okay with hawala used to fund terrorism/crimes, they do not want any trouble where overall economic and social balance could be achieve with some policy changes.

May I know what exactly you want. May be we can ask Mr. Modi to provide you a separate country all for yourself.

Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Tuesday hinted that tax rates might be brought down as demonetisation is likely to bring in higher tax revenues from unaccounted wealth. In a statement released to the media, Jaitley said that a substantial quantum of future transactions would be digital as India moves towards a less-cash society.

1 hour ago, tweaker said:

Jaitley said that a substantial quantum of future transactions would be digital as India moves towards a less-cash society.

Jaitley lives on different planet !

After the cyclone in Chennai, all cashless options are dead. No card machines, no ATM's, no internet and no power. Last year people had a stash of cash which helped them through the flood and all shops accepted cash then, Now none of the shops are accepting card (as the machines are not working) nor the 2000 notes due to shortage of change.

India does not have infrastructure for cashless economy.

India, Indians and Indian products are worldwide famous for unreliability.

India is prone to natural disasters and being cashless only adds to the misery.

India does not have internet penetration.

Modi government is clueless.