Prithvi Shaw

37 minutes ago, WeStMiDz said:

Wonder how Tendulkar, Lara, Gavaskar, Ponting & co managed. 

Lara punter were not short. 

Prithvi is very short 5'2" I guess. He cant play powerful big shots in middle order just like kedar jadhav.

Add to that, From what I have seen Prithvi in the last 2 matches, he has horrible technique against short ball at even 130 kph. 

1 hour ago, SUMO said:

He is too short for my liking but... :(

How will be play morkel steyn hazle rabada on fast pitches overseas....

Aravinda De Silva and GR Vishwanath were about the same height as Shaw and both were excellent against genuine pace. 

1 hour ago, SUMO said:

He is too short for my liking but... :(

How will be play morkel steyn hazle rabada on fast pitches overseas....

Being shorter gives a batsman an advantage in balance because the person has a lower center of gravity and hence more body balance than a person with more height. Body balance is one of the key aspects of batting.

1 hour ago, King Tendulkar said:

More I watch shaw more he reminds me of a right handed Lara . His back swing , follow through and say his feet dance reminds me of him 

big issue with shaw is his running . He is slow , little legs just don’t get the pace going 

I dont think he's slow, I think he was trying to take runs that weren't there yesterday.

Apart from his running he was flawless yesterday, really excited to see how he does DD in a few months.

Edited by jj_28
1 hour ago, King Tendulkar said:

More I watch shaw more he reminds me of a right handed Lara . His back swing , follow through and say his feet dance reminds me of him 

big issue with shaw is his running . He is slow , little legs just don’t get the pace going 

It was the other opener Manoj Karla’s fault,he was running like a headless chicken from ball 1....maybe overwhelmed by the occasion..anyway can’t blame him either,they are all teenage kids so can only learn(hopefully) from mistakes.

1 hour ago, maniac said:

It was the other opener Manoj Karla’s fault,he was running like a headless chicken from ball 1....maybe overwhelmed by the occasion..anyway can’t blame him either,they are all teenage kids so can only learn(hopefully) from mistakes.

When non striker gets run out after batsman drops the ball by the stumps, its non striker’s fault since it was his call to say yes or no to the run as he is on the danger end. Shaw should have said “NO”.

Anyway, it was a run by the looks of it as Shaw had oretty much made the run. You can say just he was unlucky since his bat scooped up while draggging.

Overall, whole partnership, both these openers ran like bgully cricketers running in a 5 over a side game. Even for a under 19 level, they ran horribly. 

Hopefully they will both learn.